3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: This Week God Has Blessed Me! My 1st 2nd and 3rd Traditional Deer  (Read 539 times)

Offline T-D

• Trad Bowhunter
Well I am sitting here refletching my arrows from this week; I figure that I had time to tell my stories.

Here we GO……………..

MY FIRST DEER/BUCK WITH A TRADTIONAL BOW
It all started back in March of this year. Lee Hinton and I were at a 3D shoot and we were talking about the upcoming turkey season. I told him I had plenty of turkey where I live and that I would take him hunting if he wanted to go. He told me that if I took him turkey hunting then he would put me on a buck this deer season. The deal was made and he got his turkey with the longbow on video and now deer season is here!

Lee is a man of his word! He took me out 3 Sunday’s in a row and we saw bucks every time just no shot. This is the 4th Sunday I am telling you about. On this Sunday the weather was cool overcast and a little drizzle. We got into our stands around 4:00. Once I got comfortable I said a prayer asking God that if it was his will, I would I like to harvest a big buck today. Around 6:00 I was sitting with my bow across my lap and I looked down between the string and limb and all I saw was ANTLERS!!! He was feeding on acorns and was walking straight away from me. I slowly stood up and drew my bow. I don’t remember releasing the arrow at all. I remember was watching the arrow heading straight between the deer shoulders, but then he ducked and the arrow struck his neck. He turned and ran up the hill to my left and went out of my sight. I texted Lee and told him I had just shot a big buck (in my eyes he is). He texted me back and told me to wait until he got to me before I climbed down so I could show him where I shot the deer.
While I was waiting I was looking through my binoculars and I could see blood so I text Lee and told him I could see blood from my stand. Finally Lee came over and asked where I shot him at. Once he found the blood he found the broadhead end of my arrow. He started blood trailing him and I finally decided to climb down. I was descending from the tree in my Ol’Man I was about to have a nervous breakdown. I grabbed my bow and got up with Lee. The blood trail was good. It was lots and lots of blood and I just knew that he was going to be laying there close by. That buck ran every bit of 200 yards and expired in a creek at the bottom of a 20 foot ravine.  
Lee field dressed him and that’s when the fun began! We dragged that deer up that ---- hill and I about died. I was fighting off a cold and now my chest was burning. I think Lee was laughing at me. We finally got him to the field. We left him and went back to where the stands were and gathered our stands and walked to the truck. We drove the truck to the deer and loaded him up, but before we did we took a few pictures. Here his one below.

God truly blessed me today! Answered prayers all you need to do is come to him and talk. He is waiting!

MY SECOND AND THIRD DEER WITH A TRADITIONAL BOW “GOD IS GOOD!!”

I harvested my buck on Sunday. Bud B. and I went hunting at my place on Monday and saw 13 total just no shot. I had to work on Tuesday, so Wednesday I knew I was going to get to hunt, because my wife’s boss was coming over to hunt. He doesn’t hunt with traditional equipment and his string got cut so we had to hurry and run to Buttermilk Creek to get his string replaced. We finally got everything situated and was in the woods by 4:45. I had a little fight with my stand at first she did not want to go on the tree, but we had a prayer meeting and everything came together. I climbed up about 16 feet where there was an opening for me to shoot. I got all my stuff where it needed to be I put my scentlok mask on and settled in for what I hoped to be a great evening.
Well after a small nap I awoke to deer walking toward me. I grabbed my bow and got into position for a shot. I could see 4 deer walking to me. The first one that walked by me was a small doe that I could tell just lost her spots. While I was watching her I heard something behind me and there was another doe medium size walking.  I looked back and the next one was a medium size doe and behind her was a big doe. I figured if they followed the same trail then I was good to go. The medium doe walked by and then the big one came in, but she was a little farther back than the first 2. I drew my recurve and picked a spot and released she ducked down and I hit her in the spine. She tried to run but ended up rolling down the hill. I was watching her thrashing around and then all of a sudden the medium doe came running back, so I grabbed another arrow and she came into my right side at about 15 yards. She stopped and I was already at full draw. I picked a spot and drilled her right behind the shoulder. I gather my things and climbed down. I walked down to where the first doe was and finished her off. It was starting to get dark so I wanted to find the other one. I went through 3 flashlights but I finally found her about 100 yards away with bubbles coming out of the entry hole.
Here is the picture of those 2.

I hope I did not bore you too much. To all thanks for reading my stories and I pray all have successful hunts!

God Bless!!!!!!!!!
Resident Hog Slayer

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: This Week God Has Blessed Me! My 1st 2nd and 3rd Traditional Deer
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
FANTASTIC job! Doesn'tget any better then that  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :clapper:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 05:32:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 06:00:00 PM »
It's that nice bow you're shooting.....   :archer2:

Excellent rewards for faith and patience!
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 06:07:00 PM »
Congrats to ya!
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 06:10:00 PM »
Congrats Todd,
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 06:23:00 PM »
Dang man! Heck of year already!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline GWV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
Congratulations!!!

Offline T-D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Thanks! I really appreciate it! I already have the itch to go some more. Bud call me we'll try Monday evening if you want. Thank you Bud for selling this bow. I have named it Moses. I also owe a lot to LCH you have taught me more in a month about hunting than what I have learned in 21 years. That's no lie! That man knows his stuff folks.
Resident Hog Slayer

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 06:52:00 PM »
Game hog!!    ;)  

Seriously though, congratulations on a great achievement. May your blessings multiply.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2012, 07:36:00 PM »
Awesome! Congratulations sir!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Homebru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
When it rains, it pours. Congratulations on some beautiful deer and a full freezer.
homebru

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Good shooting. Thanks for sharing!
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Congrats! Once, again and again   :biglaugh:
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline akaboomer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
Congratulations. Those firsts are great.

Chris

Offline NC BowBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
Great story and testament.
Thanks for sharing.
Christian Bow Hunters of America

Offline LCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
Todd,
I enjoyed hunting with you more than you know little did I know this past March I would meet a truely good friend. All I did was give you a place with a few bucks in it you still had to do the rest. Any time brother.LCH

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2012, 08:52:00 PM »
WOW man! Awesome dude! Great stories and great shooting as well. I can tell you are on cloud nine. Way to go!   :thumbsup:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 08:54:00 PM »
Well Done--Congrats!    :clapper:
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Hoyt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »
Good Shoot'n!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©