3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: designed a new backpack to carry my ozonics machine, soo easy to sneak now!!  (Read 482 times)

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
i knew you'd bite on that one...

but while i have your attention, how many of you practice no scent control at all (other then playing the wind)? i know i dont, my only attempt was years ago i tried the scent free laundry soap but didnt see any difference from my normal Tide.
is it September yet??

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Wheeeew, glad you cleared that up, cause im pretty sure i was gonna get you shut down before you really got started   :biglaugh:
But seriously, i think playing the wind is as good as it gets.
Even with unscented soaps and detergents our bodies still omit an unfamiliar odor to the game we hunt, which still makes playing the wind the best bet.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nothing but play the wind here
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
I have stopped all odor control, and only hunt by spot and stalk-get busted a fair bit and kill as much as I can eat.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
I thought for sure you were about to become a TV personality and multimillionaire, with endorsements from Pig Man, Tiffany and her husband, and that Bone Collector guy. But alas, we will just have to keep hunting the wind. I was so looking forward to getting ozonics for my back quiver, but I guess it isn't to be.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Hardwood smoke for me
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
I still use nonscent soap and laundry detergent. But with that being said I always use favorable winds in to my stands and hunt the winds. Guess its just part of my routine. I know your never gonna fool any games nose but its just part of what I do.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I had a hard time shooting with the SCBA mask and Tank on.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I prefer 2 weeks of early season sweat,bug spray,and sunscreen,all topped off with campfire smoke the best. Cold season sweat with wool is not so good as far as I am concerned.

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
Interesting post, I have a crazy ritual I follow, I use the sent free laundry soap, sent free body wash & I take a shower & run out the back door in my birthday suit to get dressed. I keep my cloths in a rubbermaid tub & hang them after each hunt & wash all undergarments after each hunt.

Now I have not had the hoof stomping or snorting salute with the white flag in a long time, but I have seen deer become nervous & leave in a hurry as they knew something wasn't right. I hunt a small tract of woods & am not really able to move around to a lot of different spots so it's a little more difficult for me to play the wind. If I move around too much, I'm interfering with the neighbors hunt & we like to keep our distance as much as possible.

With all that said, I sure would like to get out of my scent deterrent ritual I go thru    :knothead:   keep the posts coming, maybe if I see 50 posts saying don't worry about being sent free as it don't work I can convince myself to give up my insane routine.
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
The only thing i do is wash my hunting clothes in plain water, no detergents or softeners (UV brighteners), i just play the wind, is amazing how stinky you (I) can be as long as the wind is in your (my) face.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
i just never saw anything that could convince me that i could beat an elk (or whitetails) nose.  ok ozonics might do it, because im sure with our technology we can invent something better then a deers nostrils, but i have no idea why in the hell anybody would want to stoop to that level.  

i dont believe in scent lok clothes (not that ill buy em even if they do work), i still say if i put that stuff on and had beans the night before, id still smell it...
is it September yet??

Offline D

• Trad Bowhunter
Thats funny I was watching TV just this morning and they were advertising those freaking things.  Thats the first time I have seen them and I said what a load of S#$%.  My girlfriend who is not a hunter said thats pretty sad.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Mainly I try to not touch any vegetation for whitetails  to and  from a stand. And I do spray homemade scentkiller on my rubber boots.

Have given up on keeping clothes completely scent free.
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
You got me!!!

Used to use it all....realized it was a farce! Now....just scent free soap and scentless moisturizer.

Online sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
I watch what I touch if going to a stand. Elk usually won't cross your trail. When stalking I just watch where my scent is drifting. Milkweed loft is my favorite. Gary

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
Ok call me crazy,  i but remember ozone as being a pollutant that was bad for your lungs.  It's highly oxidatative and isn't that why we are eating all those fruits and veggies.... Antioxidants?  Seems to me a little ironic if those guys end up with emphysema trying to cheat a few whitetails!  Anyone else ever have that thought ?

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
I try to keep relatively clean and don't wear clothes that tend to accumulate/generate odor, like polypropelene.  I wear wool and it's play the wind for me.

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
I don't care what you use for scent control, if a deer gets down wind of you, you're busted.

Now, I do try to wear clean clothes when I go out though. I play the wind but I do worry when there is no wind and my scent lingers around me, but I don't think there's anything I can do about that. I try to not touch anything with my hands while in the woods.

I remember when skunk scent for use as a cover scent was the craze back in the day. All it did was make you smell like a human with skunk scent on you!   :laughing:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Scent free deodorant, soap, no hair so no worry bout shampoo   :rolleyes:  and try my best to hunt the right stands for a particular wind but sometimes I just climb in and cross my fingers if Ive got that feeling. I get busted sometimes and sometimes I dont. Like you, when I was more dedicated to scent free hunting I still got busted about 50% of the time.   :dunno:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©