3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: designed a new backpack to carry my ozonics machine, soo easy to sneak now!!  (Read 481 times)

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You got me!  Scent free laundry, scent killer spray on boots, and body soap. Keep boots away from odors, no filling the gas tank wearing my hunting boots.  Hunt into the wind.  Earth scent wafers, Hunter specialties.
Longbows & Short Shots

Offline Kc kreger

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by huntnmuleys:
  i dont believe in scent lok clothes (not that ill buy em even if they do work), i still say if i put that stuff on and had beans the night before, id still smell it...
Ewww!  Hit the nail right on the head with that one.  I use the deoderant and laundry soap and spray down my boots when I walk in, and of course wear clean clothes.  But as far as the scent lock clothing I am done with it.  

Like huntnmules said, you don't want to be downwind of me after a night of beans even if I am wearing an old set of scent locks!     :dunno:
Oklahoma Selfbow Society member
Oklahoma Bowhunting Council member
Comptons Traditional Bowhunting member

Offline bruinman

• Trad Bowhunter
Play the wind as best as I can and thats it. I do not have endless land to hunt, so when I make up my mind where I am going in the morning thats pretty much it. If the wind is wrong it is just wrong. Hopefully the deer will come from another direction. When stalking I try to go into the wind, or stay crosswind which I think might be even better.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
The wife uses fragrance free laundry detergent. She's alergic to the fragrances in the normal stuff. I'm o.k. with that and it's a year round thing.

I don't like smelly perfumed soaps so I use unscented (no fragrance) brands. Dove has one that I really like. Doesn't dry out my wrinkly old skin. I use it year round.

I prefer Chlorophyll (taken orally) over using under arm deodorants. I think it's more effective and doesn't contain the chemicals that I can't pronounce. It's a year round thing.

So I guess I don't go out of my way to be scent free for hunting... except that I like to spray down with a scent killer spray on pants and boots to suppress latent scent left traveling to and from stands.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
I try to simply stay as clean as possible. LIke Charlie I think Chlorophyll is under rated by most. I had  deer downwind from me while I was on the ground this year and she never gave any indications she smelled me. I couldn't believe it...but it is not the first time it has happened but there are vast time periods in between these experiences. Before the season opened i had the opportunity to hunt a nuisance permit on a farm that abutts my property. I didn't use any chlorophyl and got busted frequently. When the season opened I started to use it and getting busted has happened only on two or three occasions when the wind was swirling. No matter what you do if you don't consider wind direction you are just foolish or out for a walk. I do believe you can reduce your body odor but not eliminate it.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Friends call me Pac

• Trad Bowhunter
I get a big bottle of apple smelling suave shampoo for myself.  I figure I smell like a giant apple and certainly am shaped like one so that might actually attract the deer.

Laundry detergent is whatever the wife has bought.
USAF Retired '85-'05

An old hand me down recurve sparked the fire, Trad Gang fanned the flames.  There is no stopping now.  Burn baby burn!

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
I try to reduce some odor and UV brighteners by using hunter designed laundry soaps.  I also store my clothes in backing soda and very careful about my boots (never wear them in the vehicle).

The key thing I like is Scent Shield LOTION.  It sure is nice on the skin and I never seem to build up smell on me or my clothes. . . at least I smell good to me and family! LOL

With all that said- I am still convinced that once you touch something it smells like a human. Can't beat a deer's nose!  

For what it is worth. . .Ozonics is valid technology though.  We have used it in our home for 20 years- takes out odors (an ammonia soaked rag will be odor free in one minute), freshens the air- smells like it does after a strong rain storm goes through in the Spring- fresh oxygenated air. I knew of car dealers using it to remove smells from used cars. . .

As far as an application for using in the real life woods- that does not make much sense to me. Maybe an enclosed blind.

My 2C
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
No scent control for me....  :laughing:
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Matthew Bolton

• Trad Bowhunter
I use scent away soap and detergent just because I dont want to smell like Tide or irish spring walking through the woods. I occasionally use scent away spray on my legs and boots while trying not to touch much vegetation. I used the whole scent system once and got busted by a deer downwind of me around 150 yards away.

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Clips from Wikipedia about ozone (O3)

Most people can detect about 0.01 μmol/mol of ozone in air where it has a very specific sharp odor somewhat resembling chlorine bleach.

Exposure of 0.1 to 1 μmol/mol produces headaches, burning eyes, and irritation to the respiratory passages.[6] Even low concentrations of ozone in air are very destructive to organic materials such as latex, plastics, and animal lung tissue.

Although low levels of ozone have been advertised to be of some disinfectant use in residential homes, the concentration of ozone in dry air required to have a rapid, substantial effect on airborne pathogens exceeds safe levels recommended by the U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration and Environmental Protection Agency.

The Canadian Center for Occupation Safety and Health reports that:
"Even very low concentrations of ozone can be harmful to the upper respiratory tract and the lungs. The severity of injury depends on both by the concentration of ozone and the duration of exposure. Severe and permanent lung injury or death could result from even a very short-term exposure to relatively low concentrations." [45]

I am thinking that I really don't need any ozone generators in my life.  

As I recall, thypically, when a firm uses an ozone generator to de-scent a car or room, nobody is allowed to be inside there until the room is evacuated of ozone.

ChuckC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©