3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Loose Finger Stalls  (Read 205 times)

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
Loose Finger Stalls
« on: October 17, 2012, 02:57:00 PM »
Gentelmen,My Black Widow Glove is getting entirely Sloppy in the Stalls.Is it time to order another,or can I soak them in Hot Water and hope that they shrink some? Thanks!
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Offline m midd

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Loose Finger Stalls
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 08:43:00 PM »
Ive tried to shrink them with hot water and steam. They didnt shrink enough to matter.. Which glove are you shooting?
I started using the BW stic tite a year ago and love it
Traditional Bowhunters of Arkansas

Offline Jon Powell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:26:00 PM »
I put a little string wax on my fingers before putting on my glove. Keeps the finger stalls in place.
"While beauty blooms on every side, mercy is unknown and death never sleeps in the wilds."  Howard Hill

"The first thing is to overcome fear. When that is accomplished everything takes care of itself." Jeff Cooper

Offline macbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
In my gloves that get a little loose I cut a small strip of thin leather and super glue it the back inside the fingers.
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Offline T Mowery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 08:38:00 AM »
Thanks Fellas! Mike,Im using the PDQ Super Glove.
I think food is important and if you don't know how to cook, it's tragic." Julia Child

Offline refugerambler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 02:22:00 PM »
Whatever you do, don't wet it and put it in the microwave ...........no no, ruined a buffalo big shot    :banghead:
Bear Cheyenne 55@28
Brooks Artisan 53@28

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
dont over stretch it with a pair of needle nose pliers after heating in hot water either LOL!   makes me want to go back to a tab for for the sake of ease.

forgot...when you cant find any bat wax...dont use fly tying dubbing!  its too soft, dont ask how I know haha!

Offline RecurveRookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
My stalls were loose too, so I sewed up the stitch deeper to take up the slack, maybe that would work? Good luck.
Maddog Mountaineer 57# and Prairie Predator 52# Wow!, Samick Sage 35 - 60#,  I'm learning.

Offline manitou1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
I had the same problem with an American Leathers glove.  I cut some pieces of adhesive bow silencer material, much like the soft side of Velcro, and stuck them in the inner/upper portion of each stall.
The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
--Thomas Jefferson--

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©