3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Eberlestock X2  (Read 229 times)

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
Eberlestock X2
« on: October 17, 2012, 06:28:00 PM »
I purchased an Eberlestock X2 in rock veil a couple weeks ago and was very impressed with the pack.  It wasn't until I was packing out my bear that I was less than impressed.  The pack weighed about 70 lbs which it handled just fine but was uncomfortable.  The two bottom corners of the aluminum frame were digging into my lower back just above my belt.  The frame is adjusted as high as it can go.  

I have read many positive reviews regarding this pack so I assume I must be missing something.  I tried to call Eberlestock and only got their message system so maybe you can help.  Any ideas?

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Eberlestock X2
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 07:12:00 PM »
I used mine recently on an 8 day caribou hunt in Alaska. I helped pack out my buddies caribou, and I didn't have any problems that i recall. I had mine cinched up as high as I could above my hips. I think "Whip" sells them and uses one elk hunting. Maybe he will see this and chime in with some suggestions.
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 08:15:00 PM »
Derrick, It depends on body type - some people have that issue, others don't.  More adjustability in the rigging would be a good thing, but for the price it is still a great pack.
I had the same problem you did when loaded with significant weight.  (I never noticed it while carrying normal loads)  What I ended up doing is taking the frame out and wrapping foam pipe insulation around the spots that needed it, and then wrapped the insulation with electrical tape.  That solved it for me, and had no issues after that.  Give it a try.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
I have the older model without the yellow frame...most comfortable pack I have had, even with an elk quarter, back straps and loins on it. No wear spots at all.

Can't speak to the new design, but have heard your same comments from others.

Like mentioned....I think it is about body type.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline FarmerMarley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 11:47:00 PM »
I have a similar issue with LOTS of packs. What I have found is that I have a relatively short torso for how tall I am (6'). It seems that my hips/lower back are higher up than most guys my size...It has been a real pain finding packs that fit just right

Offline R.Cogburn73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »
look eberlestock up on you tube i think they have videos on how to prperly fit the pack to your body.
Cascade Nighthawk 58@28 56"
Cascade Goldenhawk Magnum 59@28 52"
Zebra Grevy 55@28 69"

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
I have an original X2 (no frame) and I think it's one of the finest packs I've ever carried afield.

The newer X2 is not what I prefer in a day hunting pack. I've heard the squeaks they can produce where fabric rubs aluminum. I didn't like the frame putting pressure points on me. I'm not a fan of the larger belt, either. I thought they had it nailed with the original X2. I already know I'm in the minority most likely, but the current generation of X2 is not on my wish list.

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 05:29:00 PM »
Thanks for the imput guys.  I was hoping it was just me and it would be something I could adjust out.  Sounds like that is probably not the case.  

I am surprised that I still haven't been able to reach a live person.  I don't trust sending emails or leaving messages when it comes to customer support concerns.  Although it looks like voice mail might be the only option.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©