3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quinn Fans?  (Read 131 times)

Offline Lakeshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Quinn Fans?
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
I have been shooting my quinn for 4 months and have fallen in love with it for how it shoots and the durability. I am in need of repaint/finishing of the aluminum riser for the previous owner's camo spray pain job is wearing off.  If you have pictures of your quinn bow paint job, please post them and let me know what you use! Naturally the aluminum riser is cold as heck to hunt with, anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me"- Genesis 27:3

Offline AMB

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline Lakeshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quinn Fans?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 01:23:00 AM »
Thank you, cool camo!
"Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me"- Genesis 27:3

Offline bowhuntingrn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
When painting aluminum, if you want it to stay, I highly recommend a product called Bulldog Adhesion Promoter. You can get it in a spray can at most auto part stores (got mine at O'Reily's). I've never painted a bow riser, but I used it on a DIY boat console made from sheet aluminum and it worked great. You could scratch the paint off with a screwdriver, but you really had to put some force behind it.
"The first 40 years of childhood are always the hardest"

Offline Lakeshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
I will definitley get me some! Thanks! Does it work for any spray paint or just certain types?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©