3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Is anyone shooting a Bear Grayling Green Super Kodiak Recurve?  (Read 164 times)

Online AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Is anyone shooting a Bear Grayling Green Super Kodiak Recurve?
« on: October 19, 2012, 07:55:00 PM »
If so I'd like to hear your experiences.  How is the build quality? I draw a littler over 28.5" and wonder if a 64" would be better for me.  Thanks.
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Is anyone shooting a Bear Grayling Green Super Kodiak Recurve?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 08:11:00 PM »
I have shot several.I draw to 29" and the 60" model was sweet. Some of the bubinga used can be plain. If you ask for a grainy piece of Bubinga, you will get what you want. I am an eternal Bear fan and very biased towards them.
They are very nice indeed and can pass as a 1965 Kodiak.

........Philip
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline kuch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 08:28:00 PM »
They are one of the many classics. I draw 27.5" and shoot 56" bows , the 60" SK is fine for me ,64" is too long a bow for me to hunt with , as i'm a midget....can't go wrong with a SK

Online AlanF

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 11:18:00 AM »
They certainly look nice online.  Hopefully I can locate one and actually put my hands on one.
"You uncovered your bow, you called for many arrows." Habakkuk 3:9

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
I bought one last December during a visit to the factory. In fact, I bought three, two RH for my son and his friend and a LH for myself. All are "Blems" with a "B" embossed in the spec area. We can't find the blems though as they are cosmetic only and must have been a glue-line or something else? The Pro Shop fellow couldn't even find the "Blem".

I put this bow (50#@28") through my chronograph and was surprised it is in the top 5 of all my recurves and most are high reputation customs.  My draw is only 26".  The make-over bow is nice but I'd still rather have one from 1970 that I couldn't afford when I was 16.  Those bows were $100 back then -- 5 times a fortune to me!

I prefer the little bit extra heft of my Take Downs so I'm not hunting with this SK this season.

Offline bolong

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 02:30:00 PM »
I bought a new one about 2 months ago and love it, I got the 60" and no problems with my legit 29 3/4" draw. Mine is 45# at 28". Killed a doe couple weeks ago, complete passthrough with woodie and Tigershark. I am very pleased with it.
bolong

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©