3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pop up blind restoring......  (Read 300 times)

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
Pop up blind restoring......
« on: August 13, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
I have a couple of pop up blinds that I keep out year around and they have faded really bad. Is there a way to resore the color? I thought of spray painting them and letting them just air out. Any suggestions?  :confused:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline TimZeigler

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Pop up blind restoring......
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
Spray paint would work, or you could opt for some military style camo netting, and tie in some natural foliage at the site.  You wouldn't really need the netting if you prepped the area with foliage to conceal your position.
USMC 1992-2000
PBS Associate Member

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 07:09:00 AM »
Thanks Tim. I have seen a product that is supposed to bring faded camo clothing back to life and thought that it may work on the blinds also but I can't remember the name of it.  :banghead:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
craft stores sell a fabric paint that can be airbrushed or brushed on. might try that. I remember the wash product. it might be CAMO-RESTORE. if not try a search here for camo resoration. maybe it will come up.

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
it is called camorestore. it's at camorestore.com . made by dixie dye & chemical. some of the people@tradgang used it and were happy with it.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
Thanks!

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
I've never used one and only saw one in the woods. It seemed like it would have been better looking if it was faded. It was pretty shiny, I thought. Hap

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »
I am not sure if I would worry about it if its been up all season. Critters are probably used to it by now. Maybe a little more natural stuff around it and good to go.
High on Archery.

Offline aroflyte

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
i hunted antelope in wyo last year out of a FADED double bull blind. it worked o.k. but the antelope were spooky around it even tho the blinds were out for weeks before i arrived. I think you need the contrasting open pattern the DB blinds have. I've added pin on camo leaves to mine. if it actually helps or not i'm not sure. I just feel it really helps and adds to the 3-d depth of the blind to help it dissappear.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 01:04:00 PM »
Jim - I would just touch it up with some spray paint. I always blend in pop-ups with plenty of leafy branches and/or grass anyways...
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline MAC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 01:21:00 PM »
Most of the camo patterens today are too dark anyway, maybe it would not hurt it to be faded some.
>>>>----Semper Fi---->

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 07:10:00 AM »
I will be moving the blind to another property so I think I will use 3-d leafy camo netting along with attatching some brush to it with velcroe.  :)

Offline trapdoor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 03:44:00 PM »
Mr Larsen,
   That should work just dandy... like a charm bracelet.

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by trapdoor:
Mr Larsen,
   That should work just dandy... like a charm bracelet.
Thank you Donado!  :D  Could I please borrow one of your charm bracelets for this hunting season?  :confused:  Mine are all at the jeweler's getting cleaned!  :p

Offline Brian Krebs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2007, 04:13:00 AM »
I like the idea of painting on the appearance of grasses at the bottom of the blind. Where is a place where the forbs are the same on the ground; as eye level?  yep. like that idea  :)
 I often wear camo pants that are a different shade and pattern of camo. I know that takes away the 'blob' effect that wearing the same camo jacket and pants.              
 cool idea.
THE VOICES HAVEN'T BOTHERED ME SINCE I STARTED POKING THEM WITH A Q-TIP.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©