3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Season Over...no luck but still had fun  (Read 256 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Season Over...no luck but still had fun
« on: October 22, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »
Season is over for me, I only get October to hunt, once November kicks in, I get swamped with work and birthdays, holidays.

What I learned this year was
1. I need to shoot one bow all year to keep my form in top shape. I did way too muck bow switching this year and I could see my form fluctuate.
2. I found a great spot on State land, unbelievable considering where I hunt. Very active deer sign and great habitat.
3. I need to find some quiet pants to wear.
4. And if I'm going to shoot a bow, it's my new to me Shrew Hill.

Either way I feel blessed to get out and enjoy myself, not sure if the deer do, but then again me and that short six who's back I shot over, can have a good snicker till next year.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Season Over...no luck but still had fun
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
The lessons learned this season will be invaluable for next yrs season, and the enjoyment of time afield is priceless.
Just be forewarned, your list of lessons learned will grow infinitely as your time in the woods accumulates, seems like just when you think youve got things about figured out, them tricky critters will throw a turd in your soup.
Enjoy the experience, great hunts arent always based on blood on the shaft, but instead by the quality of the time spent afield.
Good Luck! and enjoy that Shrew Hill, its a fine choice.

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Season Over...no luck but still had fun
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
Well said about lessons learned.  I have learned this first year of trad hunting is that it is so unlike using a wheelie.  You have to be much more patient with your shots to ensure that mortal hit and handling of the bow while in the sand is much different too.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©