3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toelk lynx and whip who has shot both and what are your thoughts?  (Read 347 times)

Offline lunchbucket

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toelk lynx and whip who has shot both and what are your thoughts?
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
I spoke with Dan today.He seems like a super nice fellow and really was helpful in answering all my questions.I will be speaking with him again!

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
Originally posted by lunchbucket:
I spoke with Dan today.He seems like a super nice fellow and really was helpful in answering all my questions.I will be speaking with him again!
That's great to hear. Stand up guy for sure!

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
I hunt with a 60" lynx.  It has the HS longbow limbs and it shots great.  I've found the 60" limbs to be a perfect fit for tree stand hunting.  

I also have a set of 62" HS longbow limbs which are by far the best shooting limbs I've owned.  Extremely quiet and fast enough!  They draw smooth and on release all you feel is a slight bump.  

I've also spent quite a bit of time with Dan's 60" Lynx recurve limbs.  They are smooth with exceptional performance but I just prefer the longbow limbs.  

I haven't shot a Whip enough to give it a fair shot.  

Dan's service and personality is just incredible!    :clapper:

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2012, 10:21:00 PM »
I won't be saying anything that hasn't already been said, just confirming what has been stated.

Dan and Jared are exceptional craftsman and you will not go wrong with whatever choice you make.

I owned a Whip a number of years ago and it was the quietest bow I have owned to date and extremely smooth.

I then picked up a Lynx with 58" recurve limbs and 64" longbow limbs. I really liked the way the recurve shot and it was more than quiet enough for me, so I traded my longbow limbs for another set of 58" recurve limbs. I really like the way it shoots and the added mass over the Whip suits my shooting style.   :)  

You will like either. Try them both!    :thumbsup:
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline lunchbucket

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 08:30:00 PM »
Thanks for all the helpful information.It sure is good to hear such a positve response about Dans bows.Thanks again!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©