3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ASAT Vanish Pro Vs Ghillie  (Read 234 times)

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
ASAT Vanish Pro Vs Ghillie
« on: October 22, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Hello all,

I am planning on buying a Ghillie suit or something similar. Does anyone here have experience with both Ghillie type suits and the ASAT Vanish Pro leafy suit? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks,
Jon

Offline Big Sneaky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ASAT Vanish Pro Vs Ghillie
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 11:01:00 PM »
I had a Rancho Safari longcoat.  It worked well as far as hiding but I was always getting tangled up.  The jute was always picking up stickers and if I had to crawl while stalking, it was like I was wearing a dress.  I now use  the ASAT leafy suit.  I like it.  I don't get hung up in brush, and it is way cooler than the Rancho Safari.  That being said, there are instances where I wish I still had the Rancho Safari ghillie.  I felt invisible in that thing.  I see where they make one that is all synthetic material.  Could be just the ticket.  Hope that helps some.........Cade
Always keep the wind in your face, and an arrow nocked.

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 12:16:00 AM »
Like ASAT pattern, but not a huge fan of the leafy suit.  It is really loud - they say to wash it and I did a lot, but it is now faded out some.  Not a real bad choice, especially for a tree stand (without the pants), but I would probably just buy regular ASAT because the leafy part doesn't stand out that much.    

Don't own a ghillie suit, but seems like apples and oranges.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »
I love my ASAT leafy suit...I have not experienced anything like Limbender described. But my suit is bout 4 or so years old...different fabric maybe?

Online Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
My ASAT leafy suit is about 20 yrs old and pretty brushed up and quiet.  Its still deadly!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 06:44:00 PM »
My buddy has the ASAT leafy suit...really blends well. That would be my choice....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 06:49:00 PM »
I love my ASAT leafy suit I use it to still hunt for turkeys.
James Kerr

Offline LBshooter2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 08:27:00 PM »
I have a ASAT leafy suit, the vanish pro and I love it. Had two ten point bucks five yards away frome me and they could not tell what i was and ended up just moving off. I think the asat pattern is just absolutely the best out there and it's for animals vision and not human like realtree and the others. Get the leafy suit and wash it a few times and dry it with some tennis balls in the dryer and it is plenty quiet.
Barta Bow 50lb @ 28
Bear Kodiak Hunter 50@28
Bear Grizzly 45lb @ 28
Bear Grizzly 50 lb
Joe Walsh Custom LB 52@27
Byron ferguson safari, 66 in 59@28
Predator 55@28
Black Widow SA2 51@28

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »
I have a ghillie and the ASAT leafy suit. You want my ghillie??The asat leafy suit looks too light for Fla but I had a buddy take a pic of me against a tree and all you could make out is my face. Had a hen turkey walk up to me like I was a stump and go around me within reach. Be careful shooting a bow from a stand. The leafy part is no problem but the fabric was loose and hung on my string causing a miss on a doe. Mine sldo has the zipper on the wrong side but no big deal. Overall it is the most effective camo I have ever used... When I use camo.
DonD

Offline landman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 10:53:00 PM »
I have both and both are good but I use my Marc Anthony Ghillie and the thing is simply amazing.

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 07:21:00 AM »
I think I am going to order the Marc Anthony suit today. I havent read anything bad about it. And, I like that it is lightweight and made of synthetic materials.

Now, I just need to decide if I want the green or brown. I think the brown would be best for the fall season in Michigan.

Thanks for the input.
Jon

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
Put me in the group that uses ASAT and one that is sold on their Leafy Suit!!  I have a ghillie suit I’d sell too.  With the ASAT Leafy Suit I normally wear just the jacket and head mask, which is enough to give the deception I need. I wear it religiously bow hunting and have had zero issues with noise.  There is something above ASAT camo that Deer just cannot figure out.  Add in the natural movement a leafy Suit provides and it is a deadly combo.  Go ASAT!
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »
I have used a ghillie and thought it too heavy and got in way of shooting.  I have used the ASAT leavy suit and thought it was a great improvement over traditional ghillies in weight and overall usage.

I used it for turkey hunting and had no issues with shooting but is a little noisy I think...but I still prefer not to wear it actually.
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
I am with you Brock...the ghillie I have is not only heavy but bulky too, which I do not like when hunting, especially bow hunting.  Plus, if you hunt in an area with a wide variety of burs that stick to almost anything and everything like here in MI they are ruined the first day out.  The guys I know that use them cut off the arm they hold their bow with.  I went in and looked at the Marc Anthony and while they have made some improvements in the shooting arm, the attached hood is not good and the burs would find it a welcome home.  I like the ASAT Leafy outfit because it is super lite and has a separate hood so when you turn your head the hood turns with you vs. turning and looking into the side of an attached hood.  To each his/her own.
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Online Steve D

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2012, 11:43:00 AM »
Marc Anthony suit is designed for bowhunters,its a good deal.I might add that  most successful situations with MA suit or other types of ghille's are best used for stationary hunting,not stalking or still hunting.

Offline bansheewins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
I have both of them and they both are awesome and have their pros and cons as everyone else has mentioned.
"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach that man to fish and he will eat for a life time"

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »
Those of you who say you no longer want your ghillie suit.. DO you want to sell yours?

Jon

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
Jon, you can have mine. Send me a pm and I 'll send it to you when I get back in about 10 days. If you can use it, send me something back in trade. Mine is just a jacket w/hood. Way too hot for Fla. plus the asat leafy suit is really that good
DonD

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©