3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bow Quiver....Lightest choices?  (Read 627 times)

Offline DeCurry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bow Quiver....Lightest choices?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 11:13:00 AM »
Same situation here -- I have a Whip and was using Big Jim's medium size quiver but -- even with only 3 arrows -- it was causing torque whenever I'd shoot and I was missing shots.  (Great quiver, though, just too heavy for my needs.)

Strongly considered a side quiver, but I decided to give the EFA 3-arrow quiver a shot before abandoning the idea of a bow quiver on my longbow.

The EFA is very light and doesn't affect my shot.  Have been on a few hunting trips so far this year with it and have been very pleased.
"I was raised on wolves milk, though it seems I sleep like a lamb."

Offline tzolk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
This two blade two arrow quiver and the GNBQ are the lightest I've used.

64" Toelke SSLR
64” Toelke Whip SL
Great Northern Quivers only!

All the best!
Todd Z

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
EFA!
James Kerr

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by DeCurry:
Same situation here -- I have a Whip and was using Big Jim's medium size quiver but -- even with only 3 arrows -- it was causing torque whenever I'd shoot and I was missing shots.  (Great quiver, though, just too heavy for my needs.)

Strongly considered a side quiver, but I decided to give the EFA 3-arrow quiver a shot before abandoning the idea of a bow quiver on my longbow.

The EFA is very light and doesn't affect my shot.  Have been on a few hunting trips so far this year with it and have been very pleased.
That's good to hear

Offline statikpunk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
cant get any lighter than "no quiver"  just stick a couple extra arrows in your bow hand like those african tribesmen do    :D  haha

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
I got my EFA 3 arrow mini today.  Two small complaints and they're minor...3Rivers lists it at 3.7 oz.  It weighs right at 5 oz. on my scale. I know that doesn't seem like much, but I was surprised. Second, I wish I'd gotten black instead of the brown...the brown is a funky dark color that might as well be black.

Other than that, I really like the functionality of it. I will be hunting with it this weekend to further test it. It is still light enough and balanced enough that I shoot my bow well without any of the problems I was previously having. I spoke with Don on the phone Tuesday morning...he was kind enough to ship it priority so that I received it in two days. Can't beat that kinda service.

I would buy another quiver from them in a heartbeat.

Offline Cherokee Scout

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2012, 08:50:00 AM »
I made this one for my Hoyt Excel. I used two of the Black Widow "Ace in the Hole" leather broadhead cover and clips. The brackets are made of very thin light weight aluminum.

John

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2012, 09:06:00 AM »
TxAg, that's interesting about the weight of the EFA mini quiver. They usually weigh between about 3.2 and 3.7 oz. I'll make it a point to weigh some soon to see if something has changed and come back on with that info later. The brown color that you mentioned was selected because it is a neutral brown that goes well with most bows.

Good luck on that hunting trip.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Always good to get info from the manufacturer. I'm interested in what you find, but I also want to let you know I'm happy with the  product. Thanks again.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
TsAg,

I weighed two of the 3 arrow minis this afternoon and they were about 4.4 oz. each, which surprised me. We have made a few upgrades but I was not aware of anything that would add an ounce to it.

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 11:07:00 PM »
I am looking for a quiver too. I think I am sold on the EFA quiver. But, I have a few question for those with EFA quivers. On the reviews on 3 Rivers, there were complaints of the quiver slipping and the leather being poor quality. What are current owners thoughts on this?

Jon

Offline gokartjon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
I am looking for a quiver too. I think I am sold on the EFA quiver. But, I have a few question for those with EFA quivers. On the reviews on 3 Rivers, there were complaints of the quiver slipping and the leather being poor quality. What are current owners thoughts on this?

Jon

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
I've been using my brand new one all weeknd and it hasn't slipped. Dn't see how it would if it is installed snuggly.

As for the leather, seems fine to me.

Offline khall1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 11:55:00 PM »
I just purchased a  whip and now I am in the market for a quiver as well.  Does anybody have the 4 arrow maxi or do you all recommend the 3 arrow mini for the whips.  Just thought an extra arrow would be nice.
58" Great Plains-Red River 57#@28
60" Bob Lee-Hunter 60#@28
62" Toelke Whip 57#@28

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2012, 09:43:00 AM »
Well you guys talked me into one too!  I oredered the 3 arrow mini limb bolt design to experiment with on one of my recurves.  My wife may start to not like you guys as this isn't the first time someone else made a post and I made a purchase.  :)
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »
Big Jim's bow quiver.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by khall1:
I just purchased a  whip and now I am in the market for a quiver as well.  Does anybody have the 4 arrow maxi or do you all recommend the 3 arrow mini for the whips.  Just thought an extra arrow would be nice.
If you get the 4, let me know how you like it.  I don't "need" an extra arrow, but it couldn't hurt....maybe a blunt or something.

Offline Don Lampkins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 05:30:00 PM »
Does the EFA quiver leave any black marks on your light colored limbs? I have a great northern quiver but it leaves black marks on my limbs.
Hill Crocodile 64" 54@26

Offline Brad Arnett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 05:37:00 PM »
Originally posted by TxAg:

Originally posted by khall1:
If you get the 4, let me know how you like it.  I don't "need" an extra arrow, but it couldn't hurt....maybe a blunt or something. [/b]
Here you go guys, I have 2 of the 3 arrow model and 1 of the 4 arrow models.

This is the 3 arrow with Magnus and Zwickeys in it. I didn't even try putting my Centaurs in the 3 arrow model.

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 05:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Don Lampkins:
Does the EFA quiver leave any black marks on your light colored limbs? I have a great northern quiver but it leaves black marks on my limbs.
Nope. I have light colored myrtle limbs and had the quiver strapped on tight all weekend. Took the quiver off today and you couldn't tell it had ever been there.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©