3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: RedHead Spike camp frame pack.  (Read 164 times)

Offline tawmio

• Trad Bowhunter
RedHead Spike camp frame pack.
« on: October 23, 2012, 12:18:00 PM »
is anyone familiar with this frame pack, experience?
anything is appreciated.
Tommy
-just add effort.

Offline dlnwohio

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: RedHead Spike camp frame pack.
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Pm sent

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 05:24:00 PM »
One piece of advice.  Look ino the new line of packs for hunting that ALPS Mountainerring has.  They are lised as ALPS Outdoors.  I just bought the traverse and all I can say is WOW!  It is a new model for 2012, so there wasn't much in the review deparment.  I pulled the trigger anyway hoping for the best.  Did I mention all I can say is WOW!?  Lifetime Warranty, no questions asked.  Very well made, designed very well, EXTREMELY Comfortable with the frame adjusment and rock solid to boot.

I just bought one on sale and it delivered for $104.  It is very well consructed and I am tickled.  Took it out the first time last saturday on a five mile walk about hunt in a wilderness area, and it was so comfortable.  I caught myself hunching down behind something multiple times geting serious about hunting instead of taking it off when I got to a spot I wanted to watch a while.  I literally almost for got it was there.  Never been able to say tha about any pack before.  It is so stream lined and designd to be that way unil time to do the work

I go light with the intent of packing out game in it the first trip.  But, this thing basically ensures the first trip is the only trip on de-boned deer.  I will also hunt out of it in Colorado, bringing the first load of meat out instead of walking back to camp to get a pack.  I am certain I can bring out one whole de-boned cow elk side in one trip with all my gear.  Tha's right, 2 trips for a cow, three for a bull.  It is designed and built that well.  Can't say that about many internal frame packs

3300 cubic inches and has pleny of compression straps to secure the load and the clothes you will be carrying out.  I am just really surprised.  Don't let the price fool you.  Do the research.  I have used the Badlands and other high dollar brands, namely nimrod, and couldn't make myself drop the dollars for a pack like this made by these companies because there was always something or another I didn't like about them.  This is the best money I have spent on hunting gear in a long time.  And with the Lifetime Warranty, how can you go wrong?

I haven't packed any meat yet but I hope to change that real soon.  But I expect it to be the cat's meow because it is built really well.  FWIW, I am not knocking any brand, just telling you how I see it.  If you are interested pm me.  I'll get you the web address to the place I bought it because everywhere else is quite a bit higher.  God BLess
Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Offline tawmio

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
thanks for the replies. i will look into it.
Tommy
-just add effort.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©