3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: STALKER RECURVES "Original Riser" w/ Prototype Static Limbs (1st hunt, pics) pg5  (Read 1123 times)

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
So in terms of speed, they were all very similar, with just a slight edge given to the hybrid handle.

Given my shooting ability, the differences in speed is negligible for myself.  

Now it was time to take them to the range...

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
SOUND:

I didn't have anything "formal" for the noise, but I did do an informal test.   I turned my back and closed my eyes while Craig shot the different bows.  In terms of noise to the human ear, I kept picking the hybrid and the prototype as the quietest, but I couldn't identify which one was quieter between the two.

Craig at full draw with the dynamic.

Craig at full draw with the prototype.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
THE SHOT:

Next was the feel of the shot.  Once again I narrowed my choices to the hybrid and the prototype.  Personally I feel, if built correctly, the statics shine in terms of limb vibration.  I don't have scientific proof, but it does feel as if it recovers faster after the shot.

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
THE DRAW:

I ran out of time and didn't get to do a draw force curve up to 28". But for my shooting style, I really couldn't feel much differences between the draw cycles of all the bows.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thank you!
Ryan

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great pics and review!Congrats.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Dogboy900

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool review. Thanks Ryan

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Felix!

Anytime William!

Aloha!
Ryan

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Keith,
  I've looked at doing an overlay to cover the back of the limb stem on the belly of the bow as you inquired about. In order to do that, I'd have to change the lines of the bow in order to do that and I'm a little reluctant to do that. I'm really happy with the look and feel of the riser. One of these days I may do some more tinkering to see if I can come up with something appealing, but it isn't at the top of my list yet. I still have a couple of new bow ideas to spend my time on first....

Ryan,
Your bench disgusts me! It looks like you could perform surgery on it. I'm going to buy you a Swiffer for Xmas, looks like you must go through them daily! You're making the rest of us look bad!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Now if I could keep the rest of the house that clean, I'd be set!  I guess you can see where my priorities are!   :knothead:

Offline anw0625

• Trad Bowhunter
I just can't seem to find anything when my bench is that clean:)
Stalker Coyote LongBow
Habu DeathAdder
German Kinetics "German Made"
Black Eagle Rampage

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
LOL Andrew!  Yeah don't clean,  I wouldn't want you to loose my bowhunting orders!!!   :D

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for the reply South.  I too like the looks and feel of the riser.  Just was wondering is all.

Offline 16 gauge

• Trad Bowhunter
South,
   Once you start offering a 1pc. recurve ???, covering limb bolt systems will no longer be an issue.  
   I'm sure enjoying the 1pc. L/B you built for me last year....Thanks much, Dana

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ryan..awesome review...really good pics as they were telling the story..Im torn between the prototype and the hybrid..gonna have to decide  :)
Now your gonna have to get out there and kill some animals to break her in..South..your gonna be hearing from me real soon...great job on design and thank you for making a great bow!!!!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
You're very welcome Art!  Thanks for following along.  In my opinion, the hybrid has a very slight edge in terms of speed and limb vibration.  The hybrid is also lighter in physical weight and slimmer in design.  Although the hybrid has a slight performance edge, I still prefer the prototype.  I just love the "lines" of the original riser with the prototype limbs and I personally prefer a heavier riser.  Let me know if you need any other comparison photos or information.

Thank you!
Ryan

Offline 187BOWHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Ryan, so you like the Striker better than the Tracker?, never shot the Striker

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I like the looks and physical weight of the Striker with the Static limbs.  I shoot both bows well and with only a slight performance edge on the Tracker, I've decided to go with "looks" for now...   :D

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Just placed my order,I was waiting since few months for the Striker with the static limbs.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Aloha Felix,
Hope all is well!  Yeah, I love the Striker handle, it's definitely my favorite.  I shot some bare shafts out to 30 this morning and was pretty happy with the results.

Take care,
Ryan

Online Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
loving this thread..cant decide what I like  :)   many choices and options out there..was planning longbow limbs but now it looks like Im gonna go for new static but what handle design..thats where the problem is..LOL  Ryan..any ideas?   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©