3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Sad to Send Away  (Read 150 times)

Offline flungonin

• Trad Bowhunter
Sad to Send Away
« on: October 23, 2012, 11:13:00 PM »
Had to send the Journeyman Bow back. Thoroughly enjoyed shooting the bow. Received it in a wood box that kept everything snug inside a bow sock. Since I live in a townhouse and it was raining I headed to my storage unit with my friend Ray. Ray has a 3 piece bow thats the same weight as the Journeyman bow (#53). Well at the storage unit there is a 54 ft hallway. With 5, 4inch thick 2 1/2 X 3 ft foam sheets for a backstop we started sending arrows down range. I used 2215 with 125gr field points. Also used POC shafts tip with the same 125 gr field points. Ray was first to shoot and we started up close just to see and make sure I had the right thickness for backstop. We used a plastic water bottle for our target. Ray's first shot was taking the cap off the bottle. Mind you now we didn't adjust the nock any more than just eye balling it, "yep looks good". The second shot then went dead center. I retreived the arrows and then it was my turn. Walking back I ask Ray, what he thought, how did it shoot? He commented that no hand shock was felt and the draw was smooth all the way through. Also absolutely no noise. Well my turn and I stacked the two arrows next to and touching the bottle. We alternated turns til we reached the end of the hall.
  Now, we didn't start at the end of the hall way but, the middle and then moved 3 yds back after both of us ahd shot our 2 arrows. I was amazed at the smooth draw this bow had, and how fast it was. I was also pleasantly surprized that I shot it just as quite as Ray had. I know string release is the archer but for what ever reason this was quite when I shot it. It wasn't chronograghed but it easily is faster than my bow of the same # and Ray said it was faster than his bow. We both enjoyed the grip the bow had. It wasn't a hand full, but just seemed right. Ray kept the rest of his shots, 1 for 2 in the bottle all the way to the back of the hall. I finished up with both of my arrows in the bottle and nocking off one half of my 1st arrows nock.  Well it was time to leave and get it shipped out.
  The craftsmanship and wood selection was flawless and beautiful. I would love to have one of these and as luck would have it, my order is in.

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Sad to Send Away
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2012, 10:58:00 AM »
Sounds like your now waiting on a winner. Hap

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©