3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow speed  (Read 1026 times)

Offline UrbanDeerSlayer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow speed
« Reply #80 on: December 06, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
Omega Longbow 60#@28", 8.33 gpp arrow,GT 5575, 195 fps.

Throws 'em hard and fast!
Shoot Straight, Feel Great!

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: December 07, 2012, 12:56:00 AM »
OK, I would like to ask a stupid question: Are all chronos (other than price) operate by the same principle? Being a former sniper, I can tell you that in firearms, they were have very accurate. I assume the wild variant in traditional bows is the release? I have chronoed all of my bows, but, that was renting space at a wheelie shop. For the professional bowyers on this forum, do you use a model that is made just for archery or they all the same? Thanks.
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline Fastltz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: December 07, 2012, 10:01:00 PM »
I would be interested in the difference between the shoot through chrono and the one that is the tip of the arrow...i think bob lee bows use that one..i went on line and the screw on tip chrono is super expensive.
1 Peter 3:15 ...always be ready to give a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: December 08, 2012, 12:42:00 AM »
TTT
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline Wheels2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: February 06, 2013, 11:51:00 PM »
A chrongraph is a dangerous thing.  I have one for rifle load development and have played with it for archery.  I have found it only useful in comparing arrow speeds of different weights form the same bow on that day. i.e. 500 grain arrow vs 600 grain arrow.
In the past I played around with different bows and arrows and found that I got hunting bows to shoot from 160 fps for a longbow to 185 for a Fedora recurve.  Honestly, I would not buy a bow based soley on arrow speed and encourage folks not to even worry about it.  At a local archery shop the manager told me that the chronograph sells more new compound bows than anything else.
I equate it to asking about your wife's ex-boyfriends-- you might want to know at the time you asked but now, you wished you had not.  :)
Super Curves.....
Covert Hunter Hex9h
Morrison Max 6 ILF
Mountain Muffler strings to keep them quiet
Shoot as much weight as you can with accuracy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©