3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: thank God for Permethrine!!!!!!  (Read 368 times)

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: thank God for Permethrine!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
I took a walk in the Pine Bush this morning during work and got covered up, even on a sandy trail. They are nasty.

Offline WidowEater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
Even though GA gets a real bad rap for ticks, I only have to deal with them infrequently where I work.  

For awhile I wondered why I did not have many around my house as it buts up to 40 or so acres of woods.  A bit later I had someone come out to do a termite inspection on my house.  The technician said since my house is over 100 years old it is possible the house was treated with DDT in the past.  He took a few samples and about a month later confirmed there were still traces of DDT in the soil around my house and yard.  Not high enough to be alarmed about though.  Apparently it has a half life of around 15 years when in the soil and the soil samples were taken from right where it would have been used to control termites.  It is conceivable the house was treated more than once as well and that can cause the half life to slow down considerably.

Maybe it keeps ticks away too.
Silence over speed.  Heavier arrows never hurt.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2012, 02:38:00 PM »
I met a guy yesterday who just moved to Goergia from Ohio and was asking about the public hunting in Middle Georgia. I was pleased to talk to him about it, but in the course of the conversation I mentioned the need for permethrin. He had never heard of it, so I described the need for it. Sure hope he listened.
Sam

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2012, 02:47:00 PM »
typical day around my area here in pa. been like that for the last 4 years. its terrible. never even seen a tick till then. i have a special hatred toward them. as my dog has lymes disease.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2012, 03:31:00 PM »
was out for awhile today, watched as a million were crawling on my pants and would just fall right off, just sprayed my clothes again.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2012, 05:23:00 PM »
How come I'm not seeing any ticks.....not that I want to. I'm hunting close to Ken....just a few miles apart and have been in the Delmar area 4 times and haven't seen one....thank God!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 07:12:00 AM »
I watched a PBS show about "The Ice Man" and they were able to find out that he had had lime disease. Ain't that sumthin.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Eugene Slagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
I've been lucky for many years with using products that had Deet in it but that is getting hard to find & I need to get some of this Permethrin for my & my kids cloths for when we go out hiking, Geocaching & shooting & definitly when I'm hunting.
Zona Custom Recurve: 60" 49# @ 27.5".
Sky Sky Hawk Recurve: 60" 47# @ 27.5".
Genesis 27:3 Now therefore, please take thy weapons, thy quiver and thy bow, and go out to the field, and hunt game for me.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 09:37:00 PM »
Eugene, I have had very poor succes with Deet protecting me from ticks - they seem to use it as dipping sauce. I'm glad it has worked for you, but I do recommend the permethrin. It kills as opposed to just repelling them.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©