3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Cut my arrows too short- solutions?  (Read 360 times)

Offline jwbharper

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Cut my arrows too short- solutions?
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 05:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bjorn:
Going up in bow weight has an impact as does making the sidewall as thin as possible; each 1/16 of sidewall is about 5# of spine.
What draw weight do you think would handle 5575's cut to 29.5"?
John Harper

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Order an arrow stretcher from 3Rivers.   :biglaugh:
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by pznuts:
Not trying to be a jerk, because I know you've crossed the bridge already, but why cut your arrows? It has always seemed unnecessary step to me.
Please explain that one to me   :confused:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
John ... PM me, I have more arrows than twenty guys can shoot and if you are near the Seattle area I will be glad to help you get back on track. When shooting trad gear your don't want to go heavy on spine right out of the box ... i.e., 53# bow and 55/75 arrows. Works for POC but not carbon. Contact me, i will help you    :archer2:

Best to ya, Ken
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by elkken:
John ... PM me, I have more arrows than twenty guys can shoot and if you are near the Seattle area I will be glad to help you get back on track. When shooting trad gear your don't want to go heavy on spine right out of the box ... i.e., 53# bow and 55/75 arrows. Works for POC but not carbon. Contact me, i will help you     :clapper:
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Originally posted by elkken:
John ... PM me, I have more arrows than twenty guys can shoot and if you are near the Seattle area I will be glad to help you get back on track. When shooting trad gear your don't want to go heavy on spine right out of the box ... i.e., 53# bow and 55/75 arrows. Works for POC but not carbon. Contact me, i will help you      :archer2:  

Best to ya, Ken
Ken,
I had a much 48# Morrison recurve, cut 3/16 past center...dang thing takes a very stiff arrow --carbon or other...was shooting 80# spine tapered RRA cedars at one time... finally settled on 55/75, heavy points and even had to shim out the side plate some to get the overall weight I wanted.

I found, that center cut makes as much difference, depending on limb design and materials used, as draw weight in my experiments the past 20 yrs or so... fwiw.

One thing for certain, John, Ken will indeed help you and be of strong help.  Just adding another view to that one point there... Center cut of riser has a big influence as does limb design.

My 47# Sasquatch I got this early fall required me to go from 400 spine to 340! Not IBO legal LB with that reflect/deflex design...but it smokes.

Me likey!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©