3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Shooting Glove question  (Read 339 times)

Offline graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Shooting Glove question
« on: October 29, 2012, 12:38:00 PM »
My Damascus glove is on its last leg and was looking in a magazine at the American Leathers Big Shot glove. does anybody have any reviews of it or any other suggestions on which glove to use? my damascus is a little thinner compared to my brother's Dura-Glove (which I liked) , but I liked my finger pads a little thicker than on the damascus. anyways, I just wanted some professional opinions before I made the purchase. thanks a lot , GBH

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Shooting Glove question
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 12:48:00 PM »
Great gloves , I have several customers that have come back in and purchased a second just to have a back up glove of the same , that says allot.
I have also shot one for about two years , wont use anything else.

Offline MOFISH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 12:51:00 PM »
The Big Shot is one of the best in my opinion. It may take a little shooting to get used to the thicker finger stalls but buy one and don't look back.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
Do a search and you will find a ton of info about them.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 12:57:00 PM »
I have one. I am sure I didn't give it long enough to break in but I really like this one.

http://www.kustomkingarchery.com/Speed-Glove/productinfo/4732/
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 01:01:00 PM »
I shoot the "bigshot" and doubt I will ever use a different glove. Got my spare backup "bigshot" ready, but my first one is in great shape after 3 years and many hours in the weather in the stand, plus thousands of back yard arrows.
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
I love my Big Shot glove!
James Kerr

Offline Rock 'N Bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 01:10:00 PM »
There is no better glove than the Big Shot. Had mine for over 4 years and still like new.
Todd Henck Longbow 68" 58#@28"
Dave Johnson Longbow 66" 60#@27"
Northern Mist Ramer 64" 50#@27"
Northern Mist Classic 68" 52#@28"
Shrew Hill #1 "Alpha" 67" 48#@28"

Offline bulldog18

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 03:37:00 PM »
I didn't think there was a better glove than the big shot. Until I got the big shot crossover. Like it so much better.
Howard Hill Red Hawk 68" 46@28
Howard Hill Big 5, 68" 50@28
Bamabows Tribute 68" 60@28
St. Patricks Lake Mushin Styk 45@28
Black Widow PSA 60" 46@28
Black Widow PL 47@28
St. Patrick’s Lake Northern Styk 68” 44@28

Offline cahaba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 03:41:00 PM »
I shot the Big Shot for two years. When they came out with the Crossover I purchased one and it is my favorite glove of all time. I may get double finger inserts on my next one for heavier bows that I hope to shoot one day.
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Offline beetlebailey1977

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 06:36:00 PM »
Excellent glove.  I have one and love it.
Bowhunters of South Carolina Executive Council Member.

James V. Bailey II

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 07:16:00 PM »
I had one and maybe I didn't give it a fair shake, but the Duraglove works so much better for me.

Offline Nate Steen .

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 07:20:00 PM »
I think the Crossover is the best glove ever made. Period.  But that's just my opinion....

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 10:15:00 PM »
GBH, I shot the Dura-Glove for about 2 years liked it real well. Got Big Shot this winter and love it. Took a little getting used to because the finger pads are thicker, gonna get another BigShot for a spare.

Eric

Offline slowbowjoe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 10:18:00 PM »
No professional here, but: I've been shooting a Damascus since early summer, and really liked how well I could feel the string.
Tried a couple of tabs during the same time, and realized my release was cleaner. Still preferred the coverage and feel of the glove; noticed the last few weeks my middle finger, string hand, was partially numb almost constantly.
After reading loads of threads here, I called American Leathers and talked with John about the Full Shot; he was totally helpful, and patient, and suggested I send a tracing of my hand to figure the size. Talked it over with him once he received it, and he sent me both a large and a medium, so I could try both and keep the better fit.
I was very skeptical at first, because the glove felt so stiff compared to the Damascus. Felt like I could hardly bend my fingers. The quality and workmanship were remarkable.
Then I actually shot with the glove. Yeah, fingers felt a little tight.
String feel is different, for sure, but I still know what my fingers are doing. And the release was incredibly clean and fast.
Forward a week or two... I still only have 5 or 6 stumping sessions and a quick visit or two to the target, but I'm appreciating the glove more and more every time I shoot. Still breaking it in a bit, but the quality of the release, along with the comfort and, well beauty of the glove, have won me over.
Still adjusting to it a little, but I just plain enjoy shooting this glove, and plan on staying with it... even considering a backup of the same.

Offline Stump73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 10:23:00 PM »
The other gloves that I've had would wear out in about 2 or 3 months. I've had my Big Shot almost a year now and still hardly any wear. Shoots like I just got it and I shoot a lot.
BigJim Thunderchild 54" 52# @ 28"
BigJim Thunderchild 56" 42# @ 28"

Offline graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2012, 09:56:00 AM »
Thanks guys for all the input!

Offline Tom Leemans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 10:36:00 AM »
I like my goatskin glove I purchased From KK. So does the chipmonk who got into the garage and chewed a hole in the ring finger tip! I still use it though!
Got wood? - Tom

Offline SARarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
I shoot with a Dura Glove.  I bought an American Leathers Crossover glove to try.  Nice quality.  I don't think I gave it enough break in time but I switched back to my Dura Glove.  The Crossover finger stalls "rolled/rotated" to much on fingers for my taste.  I was constantly adjusting the glove after each shot.  Maybe I ordered to large a size but I followed their sizing chart.  It does have good, solid finger protection.  The Dura glove just fits me literally like a second skin and I have great "string feel" vs the crossover.  The crossover felt more like a tab. If that's the feel your after, it's a great glove.
Black Widow PSAX 56#@28"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©