3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Your Favorite thing about traditional Bowhunting  (Read 1000 times)

Online Sant-Ravenhill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Your Favorite thing about traditional Bowhunting
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
The bows...the beauty, grace and power. The stunning woods,(I'm a wood addict!) the arc of the arrow, the bent limbs and some great people.

O.K., O.K., so I just reiterated what everyone else has already said, but it's the TRUTH!!

Offline Ian johnson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 06:28:00 PM »
when the sun comes up at dawn during the hunt
ARTAC member
53@29 sheepeater shaman recurve
52@29 66 bear grizzly
51@29 dryad orion td longbow

Offline sidebuster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 06:29:00 PM »
The Challenge.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 06:33:00 PM »
gettin' called Sweet Cheeks by Barry
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
Dang Ray! And I thought it was ME! HEHEHE  SWEET CHEEKS!!! I'll have to remember that.
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline bowmac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
For me I would have to say going to the Woods to hunt is almost Primal. We live in such a fast paced life style anymore it is so rewarding to get back to nature and the basics. I love making my own equipment, gear, clothes etc. to use. There's nothing like listening to all the living things around you in the Woods. I even like listening to the wind blow across the trees, grass, leaves and such. Seeing fresh tracks and wondering why they took this trail and route. Playing the wind in my favor to try and out smart my game. Finally if lucky enough to take the Game field dressing and food for the Family. Once home there is the work of cutting up the Game, scraping a hide, tanning etc. The bones I use for various things and tools. When setting at the table eating a well cooked meal of Venison or whatever theres that little hint of Primal Instinct to do what we do and give Thanks!
Wool the Natural Fiber

Offline pointy sticks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
It's all the fun you can have     :goldtooth:  

feel of your favorite bow in your hands  $30.00

cost of a hunting trip with your closest friends $150.00

cost of finding the prefect camo gift for your hunting buddy ......priceless    :biglaugh:

make em pretty and shoot em straight.

Secretary and Membership Chair
Bowhunters Association of Nova Scotia

Traditional Archers Association of Nova Scotia (member)

Archers Association of Nova Scotia (Member)

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Ive been sitting here trying to put into words why, its every thing that has been writen above. Plus walking through the tall pines of California and at about 11:00 sitting down with your back on a tree close your eyes and listin to the wind blow through the tree tops

Originally posted by ChuckC:
It is a feeling...the kind that generates the response to outsiders..."if I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand"
ChuckC
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline houseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
Cause it's just so much darn fun
Semper Fi

Offline Blkbird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
A frosty morning,the shivers,waiting for the sun to pop up, butt on the ground, back against a tree seeing something moving around ambling closer thinking Lord don't let this be a skunk!

Offline Bonebuster

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
I like the way it FEELS to hunt with a traditional bow. The spirit of the hunt.

Satisfaction.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
The simplicity of it. And all the great people I have met the last couple of years. :clapper:

Bill

Offline Tim Nuss

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 09:15:00 PM »
My favorite thing about Traditional Bowhunting, is the freedom I feel when I go afeild with my Traditional equipment. That has become a beloved part of my life. The memories and the friendships it has given me are something I will alway hang on to.

Tim
TGMM Family of the Bow
United Bowhunters of Illinois
Compton Member

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
I have bowhunted since I was legally able to do so. I used a wheelie until this coming year, and got to where i could pretty much do whatever was needed with it. Very few years went by where I didnt fill my tag.
Trad is a whole new dimension. Its more personal if you will. If I miss, its because I miss, not because a screw loosened, or a release trigger broke....
As a newbie to this sport, one thing in my mind stands out the most. The people that participate are, as a group, the nicest and most sincere group I have come across. Most will do what they can to help you with form, equipment, etc. All I have met show a kindred deep...hard to put into words. Like we all share a secret. It is hunting in its  purest form. And people at their best. I just wish I would have stuck with that old Shakespeare my dad put in my hands way back when...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline cedar swampman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2007, 11:13:00 PM »
To watch the flight of the arrow and to be outside and enjoy God's creation. You just never know what you might see.

Offline mike p

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
When i shoot at the range and show of my buitiful equipment people look at it and say i started with a recurve! I then say why did you switch? most of the time really dont get a responce. and if someone asks me why traditional I ask why not???
ARCHERY is a way of life!!! If you hate someone give them a traditional bow and they will spend money for years !!!!!!

Offline Slasher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
Many have touched on many of the aspects that I enjoy about it... yet I believe there is one more aspect...

Yes, theres the feel of a bow in my hands- crafted by a bowyers' own two hands and worked just so... part science, mostly a mystical art.

By stripping away of mecanical tools machined out of aluminum and various other materials- that take the focus away from the animal being hunted until it becomes jus a fuzzy backdrop of a target to fire our weapon into... thats a part too!

Then its more than the bare essentials of me, the game, a simple bow and arrow (okay, I shoot a laminated glass backed bow and carbons...) creates a challenge that demands my all just to have the opportunity... while the bow and arrow in its simplest form do not detract or hinder from the spiritual aspect of the hunt as any other weapon does...

Its about soul... and the fulfillment that can only come from an encounter at stickbow range, without detracting from it, yet somehow intensifying the experience at a subconcious level that one can't quantify or rationalize in terms that one can adequately convey... We try by using terms that are deeply personal, yet subjective- blessing, spiritual, and these words can only be felt in a place that science says can't exist... our souls... But we know better....   :pray:

Going Trad, is gratifying to our souls...
Expect the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes.
                                        ~Zig Ziglar~

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2007, 11:47:00 PM »
I have to slow down and really observe stuff-and because of that I enjoy HUNTING much more-catching is an just an added bonus now.  Not necessary like I used to think it was.
Ron

Offline benderofwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 12:00:00 AM »
It's really hard to come up with the correct words but the bible says it best for me;

" Walk in the old paths and you SHALL find rest for your soul"

Jeremiah 6:16.....  :campfire:
Hunt hard waste no meat

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 12:20:00 AM »
I have fallen in love with traditional bowhunting and i haven't yet hunted with a traditional bow. Like Ishiwannabe, i too am no stranger to archery hunting. i have harvested many elk, deer, and assorted animals over the years. I think the thing i liked the best about going traditional, was putting fun and challenge back into my hunting again. Little did i realize at the time i sold all my gizmo's, was the wonderful group of people associated with this stick and string i would meet.....I have built my own bow, and made my arrows from scratch, shafts and all. i learned to build my own strings, tiller a bow, build a spine tester, and many, many other things. With the help of all you fine folks, and a few books i was referred too, i am having the time of my life i desperately need right now. it IS a way of life...

And it HAS been a challenge so far, and will continue to be one for many years to come i can see.....

My all time favorite thing trhough....is watching my arrows fly ..I'm putting the arch back into archery again, and loving every minute!... Hopefully i'll have great hunting adventures to share this fall. i haven't been this excited about opening day in many years....

Kirk

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©