3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What's new from Shrew  (Read 544 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
What's new from Shrew
« on: August 14, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What's new from Shrew
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 03:33:00 PM »
Love them arras Ron    :thumbsup:   Congrats on the Silver Arrow shoot

Mike    :campfire:
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 04:33:00 PM »
I can just see those Sitka Supremes with my big wide Magnus heads....awesome! Ship me a dozen!!!!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 05:00:00 PM »
Roger,
Forget the Magnus and do like Ron has and go with the Treeshark..... I am !!! I ordered me three to try last week. I have always shot 3 blades, but cannot quit looking at them pics of Ron with that bad ole Treeshark. Simply Wicked Looking ! We will see what they will do to a TN whitetail this fall !

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
Ron now dag-gone-it......I've got three hawks now and 4 dozen wood shafts waitin' on the bench! You're gonna make my wife mad at me! I ain't sayin' I'm broke or nuthin', but if they was selling steamboats for dime, all I could do is stand on the bank yellin' "ain't that cheap"!!
Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
I ain't sayin' I'm broke or nuthin', but if they was selling steamboats for dime, all I could do is stand on the bank yellin' "ain't that cheap"!!
Mike  
Now that there's funny, I don't care who ya are.   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
I have Ron's Fireflies that are Sitka Spruce...they are excellent arrows!!!!
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
Nice arrows Ron,,Tim has a hatchet I tried throwing at a stump one day at turkey camp,,Lotsa fun right there,,

Drew are you shooting those arrows yet or do you still get a little shy with'em,,LOL,, Kiddin bud.The fire flies are sweet arrows too,,as well as all of Tims arrows ( Shadow wing),, Just real nice and they shoot real nice too..
I laughed sat. as Ron spun one of my wood arrows and it bonced about a 1/4" off of his thumb,,I'm sure he was thinking,," How can this kid hit anything with this arrow" LOL,, Nice meeting you Ron,,God bless and take care,,Jason B.
TGMM

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Nice looking stuff there Ron!!  My wife was sitting next to me talking when I clicked on this thread she looked at the title and said "oh brother how much is this one going to cost you?"  I said "not to much unless you are going to let me order the new Samurai I want to go with it."  She said "not a chance you bought 3 Shrews already this year."  But on the up side there is always next year!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 09:02:00 PM »
Ron,
It's nice to see you are carrying arrows from Paul Jalon. You can't go wrong with Paul's arrows. I have been shooting his tapered cedars for the last couple of years. Paul is the best arrowmaker I have found. No need to look anywhere else.  :thumbsup:  

Bill

Offline MJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Any pics of the Fireflies
A Gobbler yelp Spring or Fall is a long conversation.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 09:46:00 PM »
NoCams - Those Tree Sharks look like an evil head, for sure! No argument there.

I have drifted away from the Magnus I heads a couple of time, but I always come back though. "Flying Cleavers" Ray Lyon called them.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
Roger,
Just got back from Flint, MI biz trip, how far was I from You and Ron ??? Wished I had an extra day to hang out with you guys.

Anyway, when I got in I had a UPS from Simmons and I gotta tell ya, when you hold a Treeshark in your hand...... !!! "Flying Butcher Knives of Death " Again, I never have liked a two blade, but these things are awesome looking. I also bought two of the wheelie sharpeners and right leg is already clean shaven !!! That has got to be the best sharpener ever invented ! And it cost a whole $7 !!!

I am going to hunt with both TreeSharks and Wensel Woodsman and see which head I like the best. My 11 yr old will shoot Phantoms and WW out of his 40lb bow and see what works for him. I like sharpening the WW too. The thing about it is I can get it sooooo sharp. Hair pops and flys across the room when they come off the file / stone/ leather. I have never gotten anything, knives included, as sharp as I can get a WW !

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow

Offline John Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Neat!!!! I'll have to get me some of those sitkas!!

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 11:00:00 PM »
NoCams - you were about an hour away. Man...not much business in Flint anymore, good for you!

I was talking with Tim Fishell Sayurday at the GLLI, and he said the wheelie sharpener is the way to go. I have a hard time sharpening those curved edges, sounds like you got it whipped.

G. Fred Asbell

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »
Roger,
JC showed me how !!!   :bigsmyl:  

nocams
TGMM  Family of the Bow

Offline Tim Fishell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Yup that wheelie sharpener is the best thing since sliced bread.  Great little sharpener right there!!
Dreams can not be bought; they are free to those who have lived. -Mike Mitten

We must go beyond the textbooks, go out into the untrodden depths of the wilderness & travel & explore & tell the world the glories of our journey

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Java Man

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Jimmy,

You were about 30 min from when you were in Flint.  But then, I had to be in Indiana for waor all week, last week.  :mad:
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 09:14:00 AM »
man I really want to try woods again but how do you figure out what spine,,, carbons is easy just keep adding weight up from till it flys good but woods are not so easy..

Ron,  what spine in those sitkas do you think would work for my set-up??

FF (fast flight) widow - 51@27  and I prefer a 28" arrow...for the record this bow shoots 28" CX 250's with 200gr points perfect)

I had this 51# bow out yesterday and shot about 15 bare shaft woods up to 60# and everything was showing very weak spine.
"Us vs Them"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©