3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: For Hunting...Tab vs Glove?  (Read 1817 times)

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: For Hunting...Tab vs Glove?
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
I started with a glove, killed game with it, tried many different ones - liked it. I felt clumsy with a tab, but eventually I made myself get used to it. Now, it seems much more natural for hunting. I use the Fred Eichler tab. Many times I've seen game with my tab in my pocket, been able to get it out and be ready to shoot in no time.

I don't care for the tabs with the elastic band, although Bateman told me you can shoot more consistently with one. The ring type tab is very convenient for hunting, and it doesn't take long to get used to shooting it.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2012, 09:45:00 PM »
Tab all the way. I can wear gloves (if they aren't too heavy)with the tab over it. Hand stays warm and camo effect is better.
Sam

Offline TURKEYFOOTGIRL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
I've used a glove for ever and will continue to forever.  It blows me away how many people like tabs.  In 25 years my glove has never seemed cumbersome or in the way?
"Life's too short for ugly bows n arrows" Chris B

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2012, 10:31:00 PM »
I get a better release with a tab.  Tried a glove on and off over many years (all I used with a longbow for 10 years).  Always back to a tab.  Currently I use slightly modified Black Widow tabs (I add a spacer for the nock).
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online TooManyHobbies

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2012, 01:28:00 PM »
Used a tab back in my wheelie days, and started with one when I went all trad. It flew off my finger on every shot. So, I got a Damascus glove and haven't looked back. I cut three fingers off my wool glove and slip it over my shooting glove in cold weather. Never worry about dropping now.
60" Bear Super Kodiak 50@28 (56@31)
68" Kohannah Long Bow 62@30

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2012, 01:45:00 PM »
Glove for me tried tabs some in the beginning never gave them an honest go I reckon. I use a Duraglove from three rivers. Use damascus gloves before that back in the 80's they were nice thick horse hide now too thin and soft. May try a tab again someday if I drop down in bow weight.
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by TooManyHobbies:
Used a tab back in my wheelie days, and started with one when I went all trad. It flew off my finger on every shot. So, I got a Damascus glove and haven't looked back. I cut three fingers off my wool glove and slip it over my shooting glove in cold weather. Never worry about dropping now.
Something seriously, seriously wrong with a tab that EVER comes off without getting your other hand involved.  I can't imagine how that was happening.
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2012, 02:40:00 PM »
I like my Screaming Eagle cordovan tabs the best. They are just a single piece of cordovan. I've tried several different gloves, but none of them work as well for me as that plain little tab. I really wanted to like my Big Shot glove, which cost as much as four tabs, but I just could not get consistent, clean releases with it. I find it MUCH easier to nock an arrow with my tab than with any glove.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 01, 2012, 02:54:00 PM »
Glove.  I use a fingerless fleece glove on my shooting hand when it gets cold and a normal glove on my bow hand.  If need fingertips for anything I can slip the glove tips off quick and back on just as quick while keeping the wrist strap attached.

Offline 58WINTERS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 01, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
I like my Hill glove the best but in all honesty I have to go with the Bateman cordovan tab. More consistant anchor better back tension as result and cleaner release. Everything is confirmed at the target face.
Bateman TCD cordovan.

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
I am a tab kinda guy, but have shot a glove quite a bit.  It seems pretty split down the middle on the poll.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2012, 04:46:00 PM »
Glove here.  I've tried tabs and always go back to the glove.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2012, 10:43:00 PM »
Shoot glove and have a new crossover to try.
Bought a tab Cordova to try. Hate having a glove on when there is dexterity things to do.

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2012, 06:32:00 AM »
I've shot both, but prefer a Saunders Fab Tab with no padding trimmed as small as possible.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©