3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Super Kodiak  (Read 151 times)

Offline Gene Langston

• Trad Bowhunter
New Super Kodiak
« on: October 30, 2012, 10:14:00 PM »
I have a 1965 Kodiak, but it's getting old and I'm worried about it.  It's 41# and a very good bow, but I wanted a new one at about the same weight.

So I contacted Three Rivers on Friday, for a Grayling Green 40# bow.  I kinda was expecting a laminated bow (didn't read the descriptions in the ad) but on Monday, I received a Super K with a bubinga riser, just like my 65 bow. They're nearly identical. Shout out to 3 Rivers for a speedy delivery.

It shoots like my old bow, very swift for what it is and very stable. The new bow may be a bit smoother than the old one, which is 1 pound heavier. The handle is a bit more narrow in the grip, which I like, and the limbs are a bit narrower in width (considerably so) but the same thickness.  It's a bit (maybe) faster and shoots like my old bow, which is a good thing.

Anyway, I love both my bows and am grateful Bear decided to copy the 65 bow for the new Grayling green SK.  My favorite bow of all time was a 60# Kodiak from around 1985 or so.  Too much weight for me now.

Since my game is the bale in my back yard, I'm not handicapped by 40# at all.  I shoot wood arrows with Mercury nocks, and the nocks are a bit too wide for the FF string on my new bow.

Thanks for Bear and 3 Rivers.  Fine products and a swift response.

Offline bearsfeet

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Super Kodiak
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 10:16:00 PM »
I love my 65' kodiak sweet shooting bow! Glad the new one shoot just as good
Levi Bedortha

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 11:05:00 PM »
I am mostly a LB shooter, but when I was dabbling in recurves I shot ALOT of them. Everything from BW, to Bob Lee, to Blacktail ( i shot a lot of "B"bows apparently) and Hummingbird.  I picked up a Super K and turned around and bought a used 83 Kodiak and they are by far my favorite recurve to shoot and handle. There is nothing like a Kodiak/Super K in my opinion.  
  And the honest reason I shoot LBs........... The lines and no bow stringer. I think I shot the Kodiak better than anyhow i currently own
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 03:17:00 PM »
Dang L I didn't know you still knew what a bow was! Let me know if you need me to send Dougie over to coach you a little. I would but I'm nursing a sore shoulder.
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline Gene Langston

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Sore shoulder?  Always an excuse!  I'm always looking for a coach!

Offline Gene Langston

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 10:59:00 PM »
How about sending me that 40# Hunter!  My limbs are failing!

Offline troy butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2012, 09:54:00 AM »
yea he is a sissy with a sore shoulder that cant shoot anyway.

Offline Gene Langston

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
Getting old is rougher on some folks than others.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©