3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: looking for a super quiet portable treestand  (Read 438 times)

Offline Justin Falon

• Trad Bowhunter
looking for a super quiet portable treestand
« on: October 31, 2012, 07:51:00 AM »
I am looking for a quiet treestand to pack in and out of the woods each hunt. I currently use a Lone Wolf Assault and don't really care for it. THe aluminum platform is really noisy and the buckle attachment leaves more to be desired.

Thoughts?

justin
Hill

Offline LeverActionman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: looking for a super quiet portable treestand
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 08:00:00 AM »
I have a summit viper now and it is ok. Ordered me a olman stand because of all the reviews. It is going to be here today so maybe I can tell more tomorrow. The summit is noise when the plastic wears off the cables.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 08:24:00 AM »
Problems with a Lone Wolf....doesn't sound right....at least I haven't had any problems. Was it one made in China before he brought them back here to be made?
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 08:32:00 AM »
LocOn Windwalker and some tree gaffs.  Can't go wrong.  If hunting public ground where you can't use gaffs, Ameristep strap on steps work equally as well.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Offline buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
Like bill said, I cant see why there would be noise with the lone wolf. I just bought a hand climber this past summer and it is by far the quietest, lightest climber out there. Plus you have nothing to get in your way when trying to make a shot with a trad bow. However I must admit that it is not the most comfortable stand out there. Its hard to handle an all day sit in the hand climber, im usually good for about 4 or 5 hours max. But in my opinion it was worth every penny becuase of its weight and stealth.

Offline Butchie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 09:26:00 AM »
Lone Wolf platform noisy???  Never seen/heard that before...not even a squeek out of mine...ever.     :dunno:
"Don't worry about the old blind mule, just keep a load in the wagon!"

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 09:27:00 AM »
I have a couple of Lone Wolfs and have had no problems.

I just recently purhased a Millenium hangon and probably will never use anything but it..."all day comfort"

Online Gordon Jabben

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 10:09:00 AM »
Lone Wolf hand climber works very well for me.  A couple times, one of the allen screws became loose on the platform and this caused it to pop when I moved my feet.

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »
Justin:  Check out the Muddy Line of treestands.  The aluminum model would probably be the one you would need.  Great stands, quiet and the seat is 100 times more comfortable than a Lone Wolf. They have adjustments for a leaning tree and are very easy to set up.  I have both Lone Wolf and Muddy's they are both very good. I have had My LW make a popping sound in very cold weather, wasn't a loose screw either.  RW
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Offline Dave Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 10:29:00 AM »
i agree with the lone wolf and that is what i was gonna reccomend but the aluminumn gorillas are really light and vert quiet
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!
60” Widow SAV recurve 54@28
60” Widow KBX recurve 53@27
64” DGA longbow 48@27

Offline Adam S. Daugherty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 10:37:00 AM »
Look at the Chippewa Wedge loc system.  Hands down the best system out there.  I have LW hang ons, LW hand climber, and many other hang ons.  No other compare for ease of hangin, ability to make extra tree brackets, and quietness.  Standard seats are a little smaller than I like so I build a new seat.  I don't know about the queitness part but the Millenium look to have the edge in the market on comfort, but are not what I would consider in the mobility dept as a few others.

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 10:46:00 AM »
Shootme a pm if you are interested in a lone wolf hand climber. I happen to have one I may would part with.RC

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Lone Wolf.

I have 3....and NEVER has one of them ever been noisy.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 10:55:00 AM »
Lonewolf is best hang on made for quietness. It is all we allow guys to use in our archery moose hunt. No chain equals quiet, platform does not creek in cold like most.

It sounds to me like it's your foot wear making the noise not the stand. Now in the comfort dept there are more comfortable stands for sure, but for strength and quietness you will not beat what you have.
hunt it

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
Really like Gorilla stands. Super light and quiet.

http://www.gorillatreestands.com/silverback-scout-hx
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 11:32:00 AM »
I just read something that said there are a bunch of lone wolf stands being sold that did not pass their quality control. These are being sold not in the box and do not come with a harness. Just FYI. I have used lone wolf stands for a long time and never had any issues.

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 11:49:00 AM »
If you would like to sell that assault PM me please!

Online sagebrush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
If it were me I would look at the stand and see what is making the noise. I had a stand (loc-on lem) that would make subtle noises where the canvas went around the bar. I folded up a garbage bag and inserted it between the canvas and the bar and now it is quiet. Also check all attachment points to see if anything is loose. Gary

Offline sloaf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
Lone wolf is top of the line.  If you're not happy with it you may have a defect.  They are rock solid.  I don't think looking elsewhere will make you happier.  Try solving the issue with what you have or see if the manufacturer will help you out.  Sorry but they are the best on the market.  And i've looked at muddy outdoors and sent their stuff back.
If your shooting stinks, work with a Form master.  It'll bring back your A game.

Offline sloaf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Lone wolf is top of the line.  If you're not happy with it you may have a defect.  They are rock solid.  I don't think looking elsewhere will make you happier.  Try solving the issue with what you have or see if the manufacturer will help you out.  Sorry but they are the best on the market.  And i've looked at muddy outdoors and sent their stuff back.
If your shooting stinks, work with a Form master.  It'll bring back your A game.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©