3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Finally get to deer hunt... busted trespasser  (Read 492 times)

Offline Montanawidower

• Trad Bowhunter
Finally get to deer hunt... busted trespasser
« on: November 04, 2012, 01:06:00 PM »
You guys who hunt coveted private ground all know this routine.   It seems every year I spend at least one hunt "educating" someone about trespassing.  

I am lucky enough to be one of three people to hunt a great river bottom spot not far from my house and basically in town.    Its 320 acres of river bottom funnels and great bedding cover.

For years the landowner didn't allow anyone to hunt, but he was sick of the trespassers.  He lets us hunt if we "patrol" to the place.    It doesn't matter how many signs you post, people still sneak in.  

Yesterday the guys were brazen enough to argue with me, and say "nobody hunts down here"  who gave YOU permission.   I promptly called the authorities.    The worst part was it still bothers me and ruins the feel of the hunt.   I saw 7 bucks after the confrontation and it hardly got me going.   I was still shaken/p##sed by the ordeal.  

Thanks for listening to the vent.

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Finally get to deer hunt... busted trespasser
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 01:17:00 PM »
That's always a bummer!  I like how they always want to know  " who gave you permission" so they can go ask. My guess is they 'll be back.
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 01:43:00 PM »
I can't get over when someone is breaking the law how they can have the audacity to ask what you're doing there. Some people just don't have any morals. I'm lucky that i've never run into one of these situations on my leases.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 01:48:00 PM »
A proper response, "I have written permission to be here and will show it to the Warden when he gets here, since I called him about 15 minutes ago." That should get their attention.

Sounds like you handled it well anyway.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 02:04:00 PM »
Let's hope that Game and Fish gives the guy a nice autographed citation and a heavy fine. Some people's kids! Sheesh!
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
At least you are making it known that trespassers will not be tolerated there. Once word gets out that the authorities got involved, less people will try to get in.
   :thumbsup:
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline shankspony

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 04:11:00 PM »
Its a worldwide problem. I have a 2400 acre farm in New Zealand and I am fairly generous with whom I allow to come hunt on it. Despite that every year there are individuals who think they can disregard the rules and just enter and kill stuff. Good on you for confronting them. It is never pleasant and you can never be sure what their reaction will be. It certainly ruins your day.

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 04:29:00 PM »
Just more symptons of our " intitelment" culture that is developing.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, 05:06:00 PM »
:rolleyes:    "[dntthnk]"
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline AWPForester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 05:45:00 PM »
I worked for a company that owned lots of land.  The company allowed some of the employees to lease it to hunt on.  We had a terrible problem with littering at the gate and treepassing.  Had people come in and steal things.  You know, the typical thngs you get when you don't allow people to abuse your things.

Anyways, one of our members was out camping with his family a couple years ago and here comes a whole possey of 4 wheelers.  They had ignored the signs, the locked gate and all.  When confronted they knew they had Brian out numbered and acted appropiately for the trash they were.  Asking him who had given him permission and what right he had to tell them to leave.  Real winners.

I hope you have no further problems but after being involved with large landowners firsthand, it is a on going battle.  God Bless
Psalm 25:3 Yea, let none that wait on thee be ashamed: Let them be ashamed which transgress without cause.

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 05:56:00 PM »
That sucks Jeff.  I bet they were packin guns too.  Not good for the blood pressure or fun factor. Let me know if you need more patrollers mid-week...I'd love a doe hunt'n spot.

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 06:19:00 PM »
I hope those guys lose their hunting privilege. I would sure let the authorities know how belligerent they were to you. That may convince them to request the court take more than just the minimal action against these clowns.
Sam

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 06:24:00 PM »
Sure hope they got a ticket at least. I think so many do it because they get away with it.
is it September yet??

Offline Mike Gerardi

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 06:53:00 PM »
Seems to be alot of these kinds of people walking around these days. This is the second issue I have heard about in Montana this year. Criminal prosecution is the only means to deal with these types. Sometimes more than twice.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
Repeat after me, you can't fix stupid. People do what they do because there is no respect for others, or what you have.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 09:18:00 PM »
I'm just shy of 67 and can assure you that trespassers, poachers and other slobs have been around for a long time. I might add that today's slobs like those before them come from a portion of the population that hardly consider themselves part of any "entitlement culture".

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Jeff,
Sorry to hear you are having to deal with trespassers too, we have been dealing with them on three of my four whitetail spots.  The spotlighting poachers on one property have been even worse.  Make sure the land owner is willing to prosecute then get the game wardens involved.

Don't let them get you down.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline The Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Sorry to hear about that, I have had people try and throw me off my own property. I'm a little quicker to call the authorities.

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
I feel your pain sir!  Just be thankful you're not in East Texas.  I'm a transplant here and some of these "Good O'le Boys" think any land is ok to hunt.  Over the years I have purchased almost 100 acres just to hunt on adjacent to my home and I've got one neighbor that totally disregards the law.  This guy has five ongoing  violations on the Nat'l Forest and the Feds are now investigating him.  I sure  hope they fine him big time.

Sorry.  Didn't mean to rant.  I just sympathize wtih your dilemma.  Best of luck to ya.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 01:15:00 PM »
It happens all the time here in Ga.
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©