3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Let's see some broken or gnarly antlered bucks!  (Read 394 times)

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
Let's see some broken or gnarly antlered bucks!
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:43:00 PM »
TJ'spost got me thinking, I love to see deer that have been fighting and broke an antler or just have crazy gnarly racks. Lets see some....doesn't matter how big or small!

Look at the broken beam on this guy, that must have taken some force!

Here he is mounted:

David M. Conroy

Offline RUSTY1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Let's see some broken or gnarly antlered bucks!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:57:00 PM »
R.J. Fens Jr.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 08:12:00 PM »
I don't think I should even come play in your sandbox, David, not with those big honkin racks, but you said "or gnarly".

Here's a "gnarly" PA buck... Tall, but very narrow 7 pointer, but he sure went about it in an odd way...4x3. The bases were so palmated, he couldn't get the velvet off the insides...big body...goofy rack.

The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 08:35:00 PM »
Knarly

Broken

"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 08:41:00 PM »
I found this guy while working a bird dog on the family farm.  Too awesome to not have mounted!   [/url] [/IMG]

Offline SKITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:51:00 PM »

There ya go BDan!     ;)
"A nation with little regard for it's past will do nothing in the future to be remembered" 
   Lincoln

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 09:08:00 PM »
I must say that I have overcome my inability to post pictures, finally.  Perhaps this will also be the year for my first trad harvest.  This photo posting has been a monumental undertaking.  Thanks for the help Skitch!    :biglaugh:

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
Originally posted by Doc Nock:
I don't think I should even come play in your sandbox, David, not with those big honkin racks, but you said "or gnarly".

Here's a "gnarly" PA buck... Tall, but very narrow 7 pointer, but he sure went about it in an odd way...4x3. The bases were so palmated, he couldn't get the velvet off the insides...big body...goofy rack.

That is not a "normal" deer for  me Dave. Trust me, I've seen a couple over here in Mass in my life that were big, but most are not!
I'd have to travel to go after another big one.
David M. Conroy

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 11:12:00 AM »
I don't know if this one is "gnarly" but he is a pretty cool deer and only died because of his neatness! We normally would never shoot a buck this young. I got him on video and after a bit of discussion with my hnting bud, we decided if we did not take him, he would never make it through the rifle season around our area. He is a double main beam with 4 points on each beam and one of his 3 brow tines is a tad bit over 10" long. He now resides just to the right of my fireplace!

Bisch

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Nothing like the earlier monsters, but this guy must have heard bells when he snapped off something.

Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
Awesome stuff! My buddy has a spikehorn doe in velvet that he shot in December mounted. He only had a doe tag, so he was just watching the young "buck" that strangely hadn't shed yet, when she squatted to pee in front of him. No cahones hanging there, and he filled his doe tag.

Bisch, that is one of the coolest racks I've ever seen!
David M. Conroy

Offline USMC0311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »

My brothers buck this year 13 yards spot and stalk PSE Recurve 500 beman ics hunters 175 grain zwickey

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
Holy crap! That picture should be up top!
David M. Conroy

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
Here is a buck I killed several years ago with a longbow , he has 5 points broke off and the main beam , and the buck I shot last year........
,,,,Sam,,,,

HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline USMC0311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 04:23:00 PM »
I videoed the hunt but i dont know how to put it on here its pretty big file. I hope the pic is not to big if it is let me know and i will attempt to resize it.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 06:01:00 PM »
Yeah, that pic is a tad on the wide side...

To ensure we all get to enjoy, I took a liberty to save it and resize it...hope you don't mind!

The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline USMC0311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2012, 06:25:00 PM »
Thanks for resizing the pic if you know anything about videos let me know i would like to post it on here. Its not out door channel quality i got alil excited after the shot lol

Offline Matty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2012, 06:32:00 PM »
Sweet buck Brock!,  and where have you been. Texted you a couple times. I have your shooting glove still. Would like to get it to you...hit me up. Matty

Offline USMC0311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
Hey matt yea sorry i forgot about it. I went out to kansas to work for my buddy since i got laied off from the railroad. I am back in colorado for alil while. Will try to stop by and get the glove. How have you been

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 08:01:00 AM »
Sorry, Brock. I don't know much about puters...and PhotoBucket has given me fits till I switched Internet browsers... and have had very limited success or experience with very short clips.

Hopefully, someone will step up with more experience and luck than I.  Sounds like it would be fun to view... if you don't get excited after the shot, you should take up golf...even when it's your brother's shot!  :)

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©