3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just Cant Sell My Trad Bows  (Read 329 times)

Offline Thare1774

• Trad Bowhunter
Just Cant Sell My Trad Bows
« on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:00 AM »
I buy and sell my techy bow stuff all the time. But I cannot bring myself to sell any of my Trad bows, even the ones I havent shot for months! I see in the classifieds all the time, "dont shoot this bow enough, want it to get used". Even the ones I dont shoot often I enjoy just having them. Maybe im a trad bow hoarder? Anyone else the same way? I cant be the only one.   :biglaugh:

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just Cant Sell My Trad Bows
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:54:00 AM »
Steve Abbot makes a fine bow. You will find with time and accumulation that it becomes easy to let a few go every now and then. Beside's it makes room for more. Many good bowyers out there and variety is the spice of life!!!!!!

Offline wapitirod

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:11:00 AM »
yeah, I go through guns like underwear and I've sold alot of compounds and equipment but I've had my Brack since I bought it new in 89/90 and although I went for about 15yrs without shooting it because I was shooting compounds and rifles on and off and then I got heavy into handgun hunting.  I thought many times of selling it and I even had a guy offer me a very good price for it because it would have been towards the end of Jims life, but I just couldn't part with it.  I also had problems with my shoulder for a while and couldn't handle the heavy draw so this guy being a dealer offered to set me up with a lighter commercially made recurve, arrows and all the accesories but I still couldn't let it go and although now it's my back up bow it's still on my rack.  In fact I just treated it to a new EFA quiver and a new rest, plate and bowstring as well as going into Wes for a checkup.  Amazing how we get attached to things but I think part of it is the traditional equipment is more personal and more a work of art than a machine or mechanical device.  Sorry that was so long winded  ;)
89' Brackenbury Drifter 72# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 66# @28
Wes Wallace Stealth 72# @27

I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.- John Wayne

Offline Thare1774

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 04:38:00 AM »
I completely agree with you, your wind was unwasted!

Offline Fanto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 04:47:00 AM »
I can't part with them, also can't stop buying them!

Offline Panzer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
I have parted with at least 7 or 8, over the years. Out of all of those there is only one that I wish that I had back(21st Century Longbow), but it went to a good cause (St. Jude Auction).

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:00 AM »
Even if they don't get shot much, trad bows are easy to look at with their pleasing lines and beautiful woods. I don't think you can say that about those hunks of metal with wheels and cables.
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline Thare1774

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 10:06:00 AM »
@centaur- Hit the nail on the head, especially if you got a pretty rack to hang em on.

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 12:12:00 PM »
I have seen my bow numbers go way and now, down to the final seven that I thought I would never part with.  Now, I am selling everything except one 51 pound left hand bow and one 51 pound right hand bow.

Offline ddauler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 12:43:00 PM »
I sure am I have to many bows and need to sell some may actually have to shoulders are getting tired. Probably time to drop down a few pounds.
Mohawk Sparrowhawk 47# 64"
Ton of selfbows
Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
PBS Regular Member

"I have been their friend and mortal enemy. I have so loved them that I longed to kill them. But I gave them far more than a fair chance." Will Thompson

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 01:14:00 PM »
Who me? Buy another bow I don't need? Hang on to one I'm no longer shooting much?

Never!

Well, maybe once in a while   :)
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Longbow917

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 05:53:00 PM »
Thare.....Your wind was unwasted... that was funny!!  :clapper:    :biglaugh:

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 09:04:00 PM »
I keep them, even some that have not been shot over five or six times in the last 10 years. I traded one away, and I have regretted it ever since. In my mind, there is no such thing as too many bows...or arrows... or quivers...
Sam

Offline TxAg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 09:32:00 PM »
I'm the opposite. I can't stand to own more than two. I do like to buy and trade, though. I keep a go-to bow and another for trading that allows me to try out different bowyers.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 09:38:00 PM »
Haha, I totally Identify with this post...that's why in two months of being back into trad after a 15+ year hiatus I now own 9 bows!!!  I am seriously trying to sell maybe at least 3 and get it down to 6, and then well see.  I don't envision always having so many, I'd like maybe 3-4 "keepers", but like so many have said its an addiction, they really are works of art in a way, plus you can always buy/sell/trade and try new things.  I must say after sampling various recurves and longbows, they all have unique personalities and not all of them are good personalities, not all of them are exciting, so don't feel "married" to any of your bows, you can let some go and get new ones that are more fulfilling of your needs and desires in a bow, haha.  Good luck!
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2012, 10:33:00 PM »
I usually only have 4-6 at a time. It was easy to sell them off as I worked up in draw wt and then back down again as I "matured". Currently all my bows are in the comfortable 45# range and I don't see me thinning the herd any time soon.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 03:00:00 AM »
I am really in love with my bows and also if I don't use most of them I don't find any reason to sell any.I am around to 100 right now with 3 o4 for on order,but to look at them just give me pleasure.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2012, 09:28:00 AM »
I'm somewhat of a bow hoarder too but sold several in the last two years and gave one away to my son. Fortunately two of the bows I sold were to a young man who lives near me and we have become friends. I make arrows for him and procure archery equipment for his sister, future sister in law and him and he has been delivering me firewood and cleaning up my wood pad from junk wood and grinding a couple of tree stumps free (he is an owner of a tree service). I taught them all to shoot and we shoot almost every Sunday we can. Best deal I ever made.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2012, 12:15:00 PM »
I guess I am no longer a horder, I have given four of my hill style bows to family and friends and only have three of them left to get rid of, a left hand Robertson takedown, my pet halfbreed and even my Schulz Legend.  Of course after that, what to do with all of those heavy shafts?

Offline wixwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2012, 12:37:00 PM »
About 15 years ago when I got bit once and for all by the trad bug I gave away both of the wheel bows I had and have not looked back.
Fort Collins Archery Association
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
NRA Life Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©