3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: KME Has NO POWER *** Updated Page 2 ***  (Read 345 times)

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
KME Has NO POWER *** Updated Page 2 ***
« on: November 08, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
Been trying to reach Ron at KME for some time...

Finally did some fancy dancin and managed to catch up to him thru an old fashioned rotary phone connection at his house.

KME and Ron's Home have NO POWER

He asked me to apologize to all his customers who have called, left messages, placed phone or internet orders, etc.

All his address books are in his computer. No power and no internet.

UPS made its first delivery to his area this Tuesday since Sandy hit! Mail delivery was local mail only...no sorting or posting capabilities to send outside.

He's hauling water from the creek to flush toilets. Has a gas range and wood stove so staying warm.  Some areas with power he can drive to for food and drinking water...

Power should be restored "maybe" by Sunday at his home, but "indefinite" at the more remote "shop" location.

he asks his customers to 'please bear with us' through this awful time!

I kept getting "mail box is full" when I called his biz #...because the phones are ok, but he had to borrow an old rotary style to get it to work as he had all the hand held portables that need electric to work... he cannot access his 4 work # voice mails or the telephone company provided voice mail from his house phone.  

Please...please bear with him thru this horrible situation... he has no way to even process orders or send out materials if he did know of orders.

Folks with generators cannot get fuel because gas stations have no power to pump gas!

Thank you for your cooperation and consideration.
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: KME Has NO POWER *** Updated Page 2 ***
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Hang in there Ron!

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 12:21:00 PM »
Glad evryone on his end is OK! God speed in getting things back the way they should be.

Bisch

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 12:25:00 PM »
Good to hear they are safe.  I hope things start to get back to normal soon.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
I figured he'd be in the worst of it.  But he's a trooper and will come out fine.  Be patient with the orders.  

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Boomerang

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
I wondered if Ron lost power. I think he needs to move to the USA! LOL

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 12:47:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words, folks. I'm sure when he gets back on, he'll be delighted to see the support.

With how that man will stop, sit on the phone and tutor a product user till they get it right (ask me how I know?) for as long as it takes... this has to be killing him...

Thank God it got slightly cooler to help with food storage...I can't imagine being without power for 2 weeks! I'd loose all my winter's food! Course, back in this crowded mess, someone would have power and I'd haul my freezer to THEIR house and beg for juice!

Boomer,

That is some god awful beautiful country up where he lives in NW NJ... but this is the price of rural living I guess... man would need a big generator and then an underground tank of fuel since the stations can't even pump gas!   :scared:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 12:54:00 PM »
Good news that this is something he will get through.
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »
It is... but the concern I had was that folks would get a bad taste in their mouths not knowing why he went silent...

I didn't realize that it was that hard hit up that far North in NJ...do now!  :(

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 04:10:00 PM »
Ron is the best there is bar none ! Prayers sent for him, his family, and his business going forward from TN.

Doc, given the situation and if the folks know this now due to your generous posting and they still have a problem with Ron, then the problem is not Ron.... but them, nuff said. I cannot imagine going without power and all the other things we take for granted each day for two weeks, Ughhhhhh !

Hang in there Ron, we will see you when you get back up and running. Just imagine all the dull knives and BH's out there waiting for your return.....  :help:
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 04:24:00 PM »
Ron has been very good to me, Jimmy, for more years than I can count and I consider him a good friend and fine man!

For this to happen in hunting season, makes it all the worse... but while he's keeping a stiff upper lip, I know him well enough that it's eating him from the inside out!

Any reasonably new biz taking a hit like this in prime time can be devastating economically.

Sunday will be 2 weeks at the HOUSE without power and that is just a theoretical projection of when they might have juice back....the shop, is more rural and no telling when they'll get around to that!  :(

Gratitude to the Gang leaders for allowing this to be pinned up top for all to read!

Thanks, folks!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline COOCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 07:04:00 PM »
Doc that stinks.We had to go 8 days with out power last Oct during a freak NorEaster.It for sure was interesting don't want to do it again.Catching water from down spouts and hauling from the creek for basic plumbing was a full time job.

2 weeks would be a __tch.I'm glad everybody is OK they will be stronger thru this.

Is there anything they need heck I,m just down the road a bit I could load up the truck and go.Lord knows the man has helped 1000's including me.Let me know I'll do what I can do. Ron's a great guy.
Jeff Couture

Offline Paul WA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 07:44:00 PM »
He should have plenty of firewood to stay warm.
"I'm a trophy hunter till something else comes along"

Offline Sixgun

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
Good to hear he is safe.

Ray
A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be . . . time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and fish that live there.

Fred Bear

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
Cooch,

That is a sterling offer.  With them keeping the one line open for emergencies, I can't know of anything they could use... other'n electric to get the business back up and running!

There are stores some distance away that they can get basic staples like drinking water, milk and such.  Gas is "ODD-EVEN" like in the 70's where they have electric... must be a mess...  :(

Keep them in prayer. I'm headed out to finish our PA season so will be off line till middle of next week myself.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 11:17:00 PM »
Sorry to hear that. Ron's one of the good guys.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline JMSmithy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
Where in NJ is he?  

I was planning on ordering KME knife unit for my Ashby heads before Sandy struck...I'm in No Central Jersey and let me tell u guys, this is like nothing I've ever seen....

My area, Morris Cty, much just coming back on line yesterday and today.  Yesterday I toured part of the shore visiting friends and clients (I'm an insurance agent in real life). Had tears in my eyes all day.  The devastation in indescribable. My friend I s a charter boat capt who's 32' Grady now partly on his deck....first floor of home is gone and you can actually push your finger through the exterior wall.  Heartbreaking, house will probably be condemned for demolition this week....one is thousands of stories from this area....

I stopped helping him with demolition to eat, walked into an Atlanta Bread Co restaurant, got my soup and sat down.  I noticed the crowd then realized there were signs posted and the place was giving people food, wifi etc....table after table loaded with families, young and old, just crying and holding each other...or simply sitting quietly staring....

My family and I were blessed, lost power for a little bit ... I'm typing this sitting in my bed in my warm, intact home....1000's cannot make that statement anymore....

God Bless them all and all of our Bros of the Bow for kind prayers and help....

:campfire:
" If you don't stand for something, you stand for nothing " - Me
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life Member UBNJ, NRA, SCI, TU, NAHC, SCI Chapter No American Handgun  Hunter Chapter, RGS

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
What a sobering story of the tragedy that has stricken so many of our fellow Americans! Here in Oklahoma we experience many of nature's devastating blows, but never the full force of a hurricane. Tornadoes are even more powerful and will take everything off that is above ground level -- even the grass. But the damage is limited to a relatively narrow swath, not the hundreds of miles width of a hurricane's immense path of damage. Our sympathy and prayers go to all those who have experienced this devastation and are doing their best to recover. Thankfully, we live in a country that pulls together to help those in need and has a government of the people that (while not perfect) provides resources to victims of natural disasters such as Sandy and Katrina. God bless all of you who are suffering, along with friends, family, neighbors or even strangers who are bearing a similar fate.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
Just wanted to let everyone know that we’re all fine and say a huge thank you to everyone for your payers and concerns. I’d like to give special thanks to Dock Nock for letting you all know about our situation and, another sincere thank you to Rob Di Stefano for putting the sticky thread up. We fared far better than many, many others did with this storm. Lots of trees down both here and at the shop but both structures are intact. Finally got power back here at the house Thursday night after 11 days of indoor camping (which was not nearly as bad as my buddy Dave made it sound). We have a full size propane range/oven to cook on and a woodstove for heat. No running water but we had stocked up on bottled water beforehand. We had plenty to eat and we stayed warm too. The biggest issue was having no connection to the outside world other than a battery operated radio. No TV, internet, or phone which, if it weren’t for the business aspect, would not have been a big deal. Running down to the local trout steam for washing/toilet flushing water was not fun though. Water is heavy!!!  

The power is back on at the shop now too (got it back there on Friday night) so we’ll be playing some serious catch up this week. If you have an order in, I apologize for the lack of communication but I’ll contact you and we hope to be caught up on order processing and shipping in the next couple of days. Thanks very much again to all for your thoughts, prayers, and concerns for our safety.

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 08:31:00 AM »
Glad to see you back Ron ! If I was closer than TN I would fire up my Huskys and take care of those trees for you quick, fast, and in a hurry. God Speed bud !
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©