3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: McAlester AAP  (Read 650 times)

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: McAlester AAP
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2012, 10:20:00 PM »
Didn't see a deer today.  Another day where 3 of the 5 in the group didn't see anything.  As Jim said, supposed to rain in the morning.  I packed it up and I am back at home.  Told my wife I would go to Dallas with her early in the morning.  Maybe I will make it back home in time to hunt the afternoon.

Here is the buck shot yesterday that I referred to in a previous post.  Maybe if I get another chance to hunt here I will run into something like this.

Offline Tsalt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2012, 11:31:00 PM »
That is a monster buck.  It's the possibility of a stud like that walking under you that makes Big Mac such a special place.
Tim Salters

"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One."  Genesis 49:24

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »
That pic is one *nice* buck!

Sounds like you had some good activity today Razor!

Stay mentally tough and get 'r done!

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Kc kreger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2012, 11:00:00 AM »
WOW, that is a bruiser PDK.  Did someone in your group get that one?

I'm hoping and praying that I'll finally get drawn for a hunt there next year!

K.C.
Oklahoma Selfbow Society member
Oklahoma Bowhunting Council member
Comptons Traditional Bowhunting member

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
My hunting buddy and I carpooled to the hunting area in a truck with 3 other guys. One of them shot at this deer, and the deer whirled at the shot. He said he wounded it, but didn't specify where.  The deer was killed a few hundred yards from him by another hunter.

Offline Tsalt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Originally posted by pdk25:
My hunting buddy and I carpooled to the hunting area in a truck with 3 other guys. One of them shot at this deer, and the deer whirled at the shot. He said he wounded it, but didn't specify where.  The deer was killed a few hundred yards from him by another hunter.
Oh man, I bet that guy who wounded it is sick!     :knothead:
Tim Salters

"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One."  Genesis 49:24

Offline Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2012, 02:56:00 PM »
Too bad the weather we have today didn't roll in last Friday. I bet the warm, gail force winds were a challenge there. It sure has been in my neck of the woods.

Offline horseapple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
same here in sasakwa Preston, I plan on hunting tomm and maybe one more day before the big gun season blows in.

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2012, 05:31:00 PM »
It pored on us before we got out of the woods. I saw two bucks at a distance this morning using the same trail I saw the others use. Should have moved.

There are a lot of rocks around the fire ring, each one representing a P&Y buck. It should be called "Bonehenge".
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline Tsalt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2012, 10:06:00 PM »
Sorry you didn't add a rock yourself Jim!  I've been twice with no luck, but the potential keeps me putting in every year.  One of these days...
Tim Salters

Offline razorsharptokill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2012, 09:10:00 AM »
My hunts there have progressively gotten better... so it's just a matter of time right? LOL:)
Jim Richards
Veteran

USMC 84-88
Oklahoma Army National Guard 88-89
USMCR 89-96 Desert Storm
Oklahoma Air National Guard 2002- present. Operation Iraqi Freedom 2005(Qatar) and 2007(Iraq),
Operation New Dawn Iraq 2011,
Operation Enduring Freedom 2018 Afghanistan.
NRA Life Member.

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
Just knowing that there are huge deer there keeps us all going back! Some people think it's an easy hunt, but it's not!  Those bucks see 200-300 hunters/weekend for 6 straight weekends.  They don't get that big because they are stupid!  

Glad you at least got to see a couple of big ones Jim!  Good luck with the rest of your season!
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline BRIARS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2012, 09:36:00 PM »
The last morning there was a very nice young man that killed a brute of a 12 pt. Dark rack with great mass. Beautiful, especially when it was wet from the mornings rain.

I was one of the lucky ones that planted a rock and have the blister to prove it. If you go, I recommend you take a pic to get through the roots.

I was a bit surprised to see my buck pictured earlier in the thread. I feel blessed to have even seen such a fine animal. Lightning does indeed strike the unsuspecting. I may post some more pics later.

The deer had indeed sustained a non-lethal wound in a hindquarter prior to my kill shot. A doe and fawn had just ran by me, the doe I missed. I then started looking for what was pursuing her. When I saw him he was showing no sign of being hurt. He had temporarily lost the trail and was working it out. If you have ever watched a high powered pointer bird dog hunt you know how he was acting. Once he got back on the trail things happened real quick. He came in on the run and a soft mouth bleat by me brought him to a screeching stop at 5-6 steps. I was at full draw and dropped the string on him.

Prior to the shot as I watched him I never even noticed a limp. I only saw blood on his hindquarter either at the shot or just after.

The gentleman that had wounded the deer handled it in a manner that is commendable. He congratulated me and I in return sincerely hoped he would get another opportunity.

Many nice deer were taken and a big thanks goes out to Mr. Starry, his crew and all the white hats that make it happen.

Offline BRIARS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2012, 09:51:00 PM »
Got one picture resized.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2012, 10:08:00 PM »
Briars thats an excellant buck,you have to be proud of him.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline 2madjacks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2012, 10:49:00 PM »
Briars,

Did they say if he is Sasquatch? He sure looks like him on the 10 most wanted list. Congrats on a great buck!

Offline 2madjacks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2012, 10:50:00 PM »
Briars,

Did they say if he is Sasquatch? He sure looks like him on the 10 most wanted list. Congrats on a great buck!

Offline BRIARS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
No not Sasquatch, they said they were aware of him but did not have a picture of him so they had not named him.

Bills son did say he was glad I got him as he had been spotted many times crossing a highway outside the base. He was afraid he would end up getting hit.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2012, 08:30:00 AM »
Great job on a great buck.  Sorry if you thought I was trying to steal your thunder by posting that picture.  I didn't know if the person who scored was a tradgang member.  Buck of a lifetime,there.

Offline Horn Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2012, 09:18:00 AM »
Congrats Briars on an awesome buck. I love hunting that place and the potential of finding a great buck like that.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©