3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: D&M Custom Arrows !!!!!!!  (Read 674 times)

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: D&M Custom Arrows !!!!!!!
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 08:07:00 PM »
Here are a few samples of my work - all of my arrows are made with right wing TrueFlight feathers.  
Not to sound dumb but did you mean to say right or left wing feathers?  As a right handed shooter I've always used left wing feathers.  The right wing ones aren't even all that common from what I've seen.
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2012, 08:24:00 PM »
very clean lines.........
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
At this time my arrows are all made on Right Helical Bitzenburger Jigs I dont have any left helical yet! I want to make arrows for everyone and anyone. As I get bigger I know I will have to do the leftwing thing. As for colors as far as I know Truflight has most in LW and RW I have my 2013 catalog due in anyday. And I will have all colors that are offered.
 It will not matter what you use left wing or right wing feathers. UNLESS you are useing a single bevel broadhead then it will come into play other then that it seems that most people start out with one or the other and never change and thats fine. Thats what I did and how I ended up have all right helical jigs.
And as for the CX Heritage shaft,  I can get them will have some instock next week I hope. I can always order them and most of the arrows out on the market I can get my hands on. I can have most shafts in about 2-3 days as long as my distributer has them in stock.
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway--JOHN WAYNE

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 04:48:00 AM »
Those are some beauties Gary.  Your crests and splices look really clean.  Good luck with the business.
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 11:53:00 AM »
OK sounds great,, I'm pretty much left wing only and I think it came from my selfbow days and something about the way the quill spun away from my hand where I didn't use shelves 15yrs ago,,, I also shoot left bevel centaurs and abowyers and have so many that I have to stay Left wing.

the feather splicing is what is drawing me in though,, not many who do that will make up carbons too as long as you can get heritage and hopefully 100grain brass inserts but I can always send inserts if needed

I'll be talking with ya,, T
"Us vs Them"

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
I will have the new Easton  Trad arrows that is wood grain and or the classics. Heritage shafts for sure and plenty of brass inserts for those arrows.

Offline Shinken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
I prefer RW feathers!

Lookin' forward to a brochure.

PM sent.

Shoot straight, Shinken

:archer2:
"The measure of your life will be the measure of your courage."

TRUTH is TRUTH
even if no one believes it

A LIE is a LIE
even if everyone believes it

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 06:42:00 PM »
Very nice arrows  :thumbsup:
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:00 PM »
I finally have some arrows ready to ship out they will be in the SPONSOR'S CLASSIFIEDS

Take a look I hope you like what you see
THank you
Gary D Hall

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »
My, my, my.  I do not know how I missed this.  For all that work; capped and hand crested along with spliced feathers for only $120?  You have anything ready in a 340 MFX Classic?

I can't do much better than that price wise with some wraps and fletching my own shafts.

The best part of it is I can get a good looking arrow with a precision aluminum or carbon shaft.  Before this, the only way to get a good looking arrow was to sacrifice performance and buy wood ones.

Offline Big_Country80

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 08:13:00 PM »
Just spoke with Gary and ordered a dozen of the ics hunters with the brown yellow and traditional barred. Super nice guy and very helpful.  Can't wait to get my arrows.  I will definitely be dealing with him with all my arrow needs. Thanks Gary
Centaur Triple Carbon 60" 53# @ 28"

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2012, 09:09:00 PM »
THANK YOU GUYS ANS GALS ON TRAD GANG

ORDERS are coming in fast and keeping me on my toes.

THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!

Gary D Hall

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
TTT for awesome looking arrows    :thumbsup:

Anyone have pics of the arrows Gary has made for you?
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 04:14:00 PM »
Nice work Gary, great contrast in your arrows, good luck  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2012, 09:30:00 PM »
OK, I just wanted to tell you guys the great experience I had with Gary on a recent order.  

I saw this thread as I was about ready to leave for a mountain lion hunt.  I was so excited to see someone making great looking   NON WOOD arrows I wanted to see if I could get a dozen in time to take along.  

Gary not only made me a set of Easton Full Metal Jackets in record time, he sent them to one of my stops on my way out west so I would have them.

I asked Gary for something very visible in flight and in the snow.  He delivered!

What I thought would be a quick hunt turned into a 2 week marathon and those arrows and fletching stood up to thousands of miles of pounding in the back of trucks or strapped to snowmobiles, dog boxes, or my backpack.  They stood up to it all perfectly.  And I did not get a cat, so they will be right the again next year.

Great product, great prices, and EXCELLENT customer service from a new sponsor    :thumbsup:

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2012, 11:24:00 PM »
Steve, that was a great testimony, review
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »
Steve

Thank you for the great review. It was my pleasure and the pictures you put up are great.

Thank you so much
Gary D Hall

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 08:59:00 AM »
Gary, Some fine looking arrows. Shame I shoot LW..... You will have LW bitz next week, That should make it easier.

Bob

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »
One thing I forgot to mention; temps were between 4F and 34F with a little rain and lots of snow thrown in for good measure.  Not one hint of a feather falling off    :D

Offline Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
Gary, do you know if all Bemans are constructed the same? The reason I ask is I have found that the Bowhunters dont seem to hold up as well as other carbons I have used but I wasn't sure if the carbon in them was structured and bonded the same as other Beman varieties. By the way, I just love those with the brown,yellow and barred splice.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©