3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: JD Berry service!!!  (Read 666 times)

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
JD Berry service!!!
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:01:00 AM »
I am kinda rough on my bows when out in the woods and got some scratches on her. I called JD to ask what to use to smooth them out and he said....Oh heck Lance just send it to me and ill fix it right up for you....and he wont even let me pay him for it!

I also asked him about reshaping the grip a little bit and he said that that wasnt a problem at all....also without a charge!

Now that is someone who really cares about keeping you happy with his work! Got to admire that kind of service!!!
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: JD Berry service!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Here is the post from when i first got my bow....  http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=115317;p=1
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 10:19:00 AM »
Has anyone shot this one and also one of his Apollo? I am thinking about ordering one because it looks really good but wanted to hear about how they shoot from yall who have one.

http://www.jdberryarchery.com/Appollo.html
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 02:05:00 PM »
Good to hear Lance!!!  I've considered replacing my Yahweh for awhile now!   I dont know if the brothers are back together or not but they do make one helluva bow!!!  I think you'd be tickeled with it!  I know I was with my Yahweh and the handful of others I've shot over the years.

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 06:27:00 PM »
James is a great guy. And is always willin to helpout. And i have never shot an apollo but have wanted to. I have however shot a bunch of tai pans. Very similar less fancy version of the apollo. And they are amazing. So i can only imagine the apollo is that much sweeter

Offline jwhitetail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2012, 10:35:00 PM »
I accidentally dropped my Argos on the patio and split the tip... JD Berry rebuilt the tip without charge.  Great bowyer and great service.
And by the way, I LOVE my 66" 48@27 Argos (yew and bamboo lams).  She is a shooter.
Glad your experience is similar, Lance.

JW
3 JD Berry Duo-Flex long bows
A pile of JD Berry ASL bows
2 JD Berry "OE" Long Bows

A Coyote ran accross the road, on the move without a home...
T. Petty

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 11:52:00 AM »
I cannot get ahold of him. I'm calling the number from the website but no voicemail either.  I'm interested in the Vixen?? Any other number for him?
JD Berry Taipan (original) 53@28 62”
Cascade mountain Brush Hawk 53@28 56”

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:23:00 PM »
I got ahold of him. And now I have a Vixen on order!!! Why do I call bowers?

Offline Goshawkin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 02:06:00 PM »
Brian,Make sure you post pics of it when you get it.What woods did you go with?I've been thinking about getting one for a while now.
I have a Serpentine that I had made years ago. That bow and an old Shrew are the only non Hill style longbows I have left.
The wood and inlay work are top quality. Limb tips are carved into snake heads and it's backed with rock python.Great shooter and really rips an arrow.James builds a great bow!

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 02:45:00 PM »
Right now I'm at red elm core, brown glass back, clear glass belly to show the elm. Wedges In tips, but am unsure of riser wood.  I want a domestic wood for the riser, darker wood . Maybe a myrtle? 50@26 68"

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 05:48:00 PM »
Thats great Brian! Like Goshawkin said...keep us updated!

Hey ya Shawn      :wavey:    ya know the more i look at the bows on his site i think i would prefer the Taipan...im not much into real fancy bows....not that the Taipan isnt beautiful! I will have to ask JD if there is any actuall difference in performance.

JW my Argos is yew with the bamboo cores too....and it is an awesome bow! I was wondering how the feel of shooting the Apollo or Taipan would be compared to mine.

And hey ya Dan! The Yaweh was his older model wasnt it? Which design was it?

Lance
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Shawn Rackley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 08:23:00 PM »
Brian i have a vixen too. Its a sweet bow. And lance also had an argos. taipan to this day is my fave r/d bow out there.  I had planned on a another vixen but fell on hard times. Love the one i have.

Offline AkDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »
yes Lance....I dont know what form it came off of...  I remember back than they wouldnt build a bow 66'es long though.  I picked this one up from Lamont in Minnesooooota on one of my visits.  A few buddies had the brothers build them bows, its been years since I've seen one other than my yahweh and that's been gone a year or so now.  By far the best looker on his line and it shot great to boot!

Offline MercilessMing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:00 AM »
I have an Appollo.  Taipan should be the same form of Appollo.  They are reverse handle and is a bit more stable to point and shoot comparing it with my other Renaissance.  Very quiet and no handshock.

James' design and workmanship is great.  His service is first class.  I always enjoy talking to him and he gave me a lot of good suggestions to improve my shoot.

Offline Three Arrows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
I just sent James a deposit for a 66" Rennaisance.  He is hard to get a hold of especially when he is working on bows but he is fun to talk to when he does answer!

Offline huntsmanlance

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Thats great Chuc! Love to see pictures of it when you get it!

I talked to him this morning and he is having problems with the wiring of his phone
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Offline Brianlocal3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
I have decided on real grainy myrtle for the riser.

Offline stickgunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 07:00:00 PM »
Brian, I tried to load my pictures of the animals I took in Africa this past June but photobucket has changed and my file is gone.
So, you will need to go to the forum DARK CONTINENT
and click on Africa June 2012. There is a few photos that you might like to see. I had fun and I plan on going back in 2014 for another Cape Buffalo and a leapord and Lion with my longbow.
Of course I will be taking my Vixen. James Berry's craftmanship is second to none and his bows shot very very sweet.
 The photos of the animals I took in South Africa were in the last two issues of African Outfitter Magazine as well as James Berry's Vixen Longbow. You can only find it online.

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
I wanted to talk and couldn't reach him also, how long is the wait time and what did he require down for deposit?
"Us vs Them"

Offline stickgunner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 09:03:00 PM »
Mr Berry is great and easy to work with. Call him early in the morning. 8:30 a.m. Pacific time.  Down payment I think is like twohundred to get the ball rolling.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©