3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: so frustrated  (Read 344 times)

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
so frustrated
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
have been hunting my farm this year,110 acres 50 of that is soybeans that have been taken out.well between high heat,bad winds,and tresspassers,i havent had the best year,i only have one in the freezer so far.....now this is what happened last night,got in the stand had a east by north east.sat for a few hours and decided to get the rack pack out and did two ten secound bouts..well looked over to the east and seen the biggest bodied deer i have ever seen,then looked to the south and had a 150 class,and west i had a 120 125 8pointer come in at once at 40 yards.big bodied buck comes in and the wind hits my neck nose goes to the air and just walks off and taking the other 2 with him.i have seen 6 shooters this years and i havent taken a buck in three years but have passed on about 50.....i dont know how much longer i can hold out.
i like biscuits

Offline Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: so frustrated
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
My friend after so many years doing this and experiences like yours to me your having the time of your life.Just hang in there and even if it doesn't come together you,ve played the game in the Trad way and made some fantastic memories.Be easy on yourself and keep smelling the roses.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 11:37:00 AM »
You make the choice. Be thankful for the opportunity to pass 50 bucks. Many will never be able to say that.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Birdbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 11:42:00 AM »
I'ld love to have your situation. Here in NH, if you get to release 1 arrow a season at any deer it will have been a good season.
Unadulterated truth is not pablum.

A simplification of means and an elevation of ends is the goal. Antoine de St.-Exupery

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
You're frustrated?!  I haven't SEEN 50 deer total in the last 4 years at least!  Be thankful for your own place to hunt.  Many of us would love that oopportunity who dpon't have it and never will.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Hill Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 11:48:00 AM »
So i am trying to figure out if you are bragging or complaining   :)  
sounds like you are having a great time in the woods, if you choose to pass and wait on a big one you will always eat some tag sandwiches, If you get tired of the taste start letting arrows fly.
Ps 8:3 ¶ When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
 4 What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Nothing to be frustrated about.  I just got back from Kansas had 5 Big bucks around me.  Passed does (even though I had a doe tag) and small bucks all week.  Then shot right over the back of a beauty @ 10 yards broadside  :knothead:   Enjoyed the entire trip though!
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 11:58:00 AM »
I'm in Indiana...wanna trade?   :D  Count your blessing's man! At least you have a place you can see fifty bucks. Just seeing that many deer period would tickle the crap out of me.

Jason

Offline The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 12:01:00 PM »
Originally posted by stevewills:
i have seen 6 shooters this years and i havent taken a buck in three years but have passed on about 50.....i dont know how much longer i can hold out.
I don't see what the problem is.  You're seeing deer, passing on 50, and you've already got meat in the freezer.

Sounds like its time to either fish or cut bait.

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
I haven't seen 50 deer in 10 years much less pass on them. your very lucky!! I usually capitalize on any opportunities .
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 12:06:00 PM »
I hunt in what I think is paridise for a bowhunter.I`ve seen 21 deer from the stand this year.Passed on one doe at 20 yards I thought had a buck behind her. Everywhere I hunt this time of year has gun hunters .If I hunted somewhere I could pass 50 deer I don`t know what I would do. Probably fish a lot too cause I would be tagged out..RC

Offline Jeff Roark

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
I'm lucky to see 15-20 deer in a season. Sounds like you've got it made to me.

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 12:28:00 PM »
im just frustrated that i cant get it done,i feel like a failure.i have passed 7 2 year olds this year and have seen some whoppers this year,ask magnus i text him a play by play daily.ive told my self that i would only take  mature does and a buck.and for one minute dont think im not grateful that i see these deer,but i have worked my tail off this farm sucked till i got to work,crops,mineral,food plots clearing old wood so underbrush would grow for bedding areas.i just cant get a break...lol
i like biscuits

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
oh and i am having the time of my life in the stand this year,seeing my hard work paying off is nice,now to set in the stand and catch tresspassers this weekend........
i like biscuits

Offline Knawbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 12:55:00 PM »
I wish I had bucks on my 75 acres that could be called shooters. I'm lucky to see a buck with more than 90 in. of horn. I have been fortunate enough to bag a couple of 16 in wide bucks the last couple of years. Keep at it and you will be able to figure out how to put a tag on one of those woods goats.It took me a few years to figure out the most productive way to hunt my woods.Theres usually one or two key spots were everything is just right for an ambush, and it sometimes takes time to figure out where they are. It's all part of the fun and learning process.Tag those trespassers, that will help.
HHA 5 lam Cheetah 65" 48@26
HHA W Special 66" 52@26
HHA W Special 68" 56@28
GN Bushbow 64" 56@29
21st Street Chinook 64" 58@28
Kota Prarie Nomad 60" 47@24
You can do a lot of things when you have too W S Butler My Grandfather

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 01:08:00 PM »
I have seen maybe seven antlered bucks in bow range in the last three years.  But then I sit where if I do see one he's close and usually moving slow.  The buck I arrowed this year was the second one I had seen in over a month of weekend hunts and one day off.  That's one buck seen for every 20 hours of sitting or hunting.

Pretty slim.  See quite a few doe and antlerless, however.  Keeps the days interesting.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline stevewills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »
maybe i did come off a little like a cry baby,for that i am sorry...i just hope it all comes together.....lol
i like biscuits

Offline DVSHUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »
Yeah  I was frustrated when I won the lottery... only a crappy ten mil. Just think of all the other cash I could have had. Lol

I used to live on 2100 ac. of some of the best hunting ground in the country. I like you took it for granted. Be happy you have a place to hunt that's all your own. Try and loosen up a bot and realize it isn't about the rack, it's about the hunt.  I've had my share of trophies over the years and now I like to hunt with my selfbows because taking game with them is more of a prize than any buck I have killed in the past. Just relax and have fun.    :archer:    

If I was you, I'd shoot a deer. You'll feel better. I always do. I always tell myself if I ever shoot a deer and don't have THAT feeling I'd quit hunting.
"There is a natural mystic flowing through the air; if you listen carefully now you will hear." Bob Marley

Offline SheltonCreeker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 10:12:00 PM »
Steve,
I understand your feelings completely. I've got a small peice of ground I've been pouring my heart and soul into. I too have vowed to shoot mature bucks problem is I haven't been seeing any. I understand your frustration I have had all kinds of tresspassers and now with gun season close I've found where I've got several gun barrels pointed my direction. It was eating me up and I decided to quit worring about what I can't control. Stay at it and like most of said just enjoy the fact you have a place of your own and enjoy your time outside! Good luck and best wishes.
"Other things being equal, it is the man who shoots with his heart in his bow that hits the mark." Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 12:47:00 AM »
frustrated my $%#.  this year I hunted 21 days and saw one elk.  
ten days in the whitetail woods and shot the only deer that I got close to (or is it TOO?)
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©