3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toying with going back to "High Tech"  (Read 2488 times)

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Toying with going back to "High Tech"
« on: August 16, 2007, 08:04:00 AM »
It's been a poor season for me health wise. Doctors are having trouble figuring out what is wrong. In my weakend state I have been toying with the idea of going back to "high tech" equipment.

Thought about just ordering a glass backed recurve (maybe one of those Sheepeaters), getting some matched tapered POC shafts, some (gad, can't believe I'm about to say this) plastic nocks, some pre ground feathers actually in pretty colors, and some glue on Zwickey Broadheads, and maybe one of those quivers that bolts on the bow and holds 5 or 6 arrows.

I feel like such a traitor. Maybe it's just the medicine talking. Please, you guys are supposed to be my friends, talk some sense into me.    :knothead:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toying with going back to "High Tech"
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 08:07:00 AM »
Mickey.....no body care's what kinda bow ya shoot....just get to feeling better ya hear.

Plastic nocks won't kill ya either.   :wavey:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:09:00 AM »
"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do".  Do what seems to be the right thing. Go hunting and just be sure that you have confidence in the  weapons you bring with you. Hope your health concerns are soon history.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:11:00 AM »
It's not like anyone's gonna rub it in or anything.  :readit:  (like I'm gonna leave that one alone  ;)  )

Give me your mailing address and I'll get these brass nocking points in the mail to ya.  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 08:14:00 AM »
Brass nocks ...OH NO   :scared:   that may be going TOO far   :biglaugh:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Shad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2007, 08:32:00 AM »
Just be thankfull that you can still shoot a bow....regardless of what kind it is. my grandfather taught me how to shoot....and now because of a 8 year struggle with bone cancer...he cant even lift his left arm to draw a childs bow back. The closest he gets to shooting anymore is when I bring my children (his great grandkids) over so he can watch them shoot in the yard. The joy in his eye seeing them shoot their recurves makes me almost tear up at times. He sat me down the other day (he's going thru his 3rd stem cell and chemo treatment in 2 weeks) and said "everyday you get to go shoot or spend time with your kids, embrace it, cause you never know when your gonna be on the sidelines as a spectator instead of a participant."

Shoot what you can.....what others think doesn't mean a thing. I know it wont be the same as shooting a bow that was crafted from your own hands.....but as long as you can still draw a bow....I say draw away...regardless of what kind of bow it is.
~Shad~
PBS Associate Member

Robert "Boo Boo" Benson
10-12-36 to 02-06-11
My Gramps, my mentor, my best friend

"The measure of a bowhunter is not how many animals he takes each year, but how he does it. " - Jay Massey

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2007, 08:33:00 AM »
Hope you get to feelin better. I'll hunt with my woodbows and cane arrers this season just to keep things in balance.  ;)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »
Is it just the shooting equipment you're going to "high tech" or are you giving up the plaid loin cloth also???  Come on Mick...tell me is isn't so.   :scared:

Offline BamBooBender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »
On second thought you could get one of those sweet  BBO's like wingnut makes.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Goodbye Shiner you were always a good dog.

Offline xia_emperor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 08:39:00 AM »
what ever keeps you shooting sound good to me. get well soon.
“instinctive archery” is more like playing the violin. Without practice you may remember the mechanics, but you will not be a virtuoso.

62" titan riser and samick master limbs 50@28

Offline Mike Orton

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
And when we are too old to hunt, when the frail body can no longer draw the bow to cast the arrow, I will relive past hunts in my mind because, I am ...... a predator who fits into the realm of nature.

Get better, shoot whatever you can draw, and don't worry about what the little people have to say.  :coffee:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline geno

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
fist off try a different doctor. Then we can talk...  :readit:    :campfire:
"Learning how to shoot a bow is easy if you learn the right way"..Howard Hill

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 08:44:00 AM »
Thanks Bamboo Bender

Golly I thought you guys were my friends. I come here looking for support and what do I get? "Oh..it'll be alright." "Glass bows aren't that bad" etc etc

Where's the "tuff it out Ferret". Where's the "c'mon you don't really mean it" where's the "you'll feel like a sleazy tramp if you do that"? Where's the "You got to be kidding me?"

Geesh  :rolleyes:

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Mickey - hope you get feeling like your old self.   You shoot a bow with fiberglass in it???  Must be the medications talking.

Shoot whatever you want, including one of those ugly old Widows, but don't let Charlie talk you into brass nocks.

Good luck and hope you are back to good health by whitetail season.
Mel Riley

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2007, 08:45:00 AM »
Ahh Rabbitman, I knew I could count on you.

yea geno, now were talking

Irish, you're a good friend!

That's it guys! I'm feeling better already    :bigsmyl:

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 08:48:00 AM »
Charlie: you might hold off on the brass nocking points until you see if Mickey is going to put a serving on the string.

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »
Tuff it out Ferret!!  You got to be kidding me. You'll feel like a sleazy tramp if you do that.

Well someone had to say it. Feel better?     :bigsmyl:

We all have to do what we have to do. I'd go back to shooting a .... well lets just say I'd shoot anything rather then not shoot at all if it came down to it.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
In my opinion you are a no good, sleezy so and so if you hunt with anything but "all natural" equipment.  That being said; What weight BushWacker can we make for you?

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline rawshaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2007, 08:58:00 AM »
If someone nocks you for what you are shooting they are not true hunters or friends. Shoot whatever you can and be happy shooting it. That's what it is all about. Enjoying the sport of archery, No matter what it is you shoot...

Just my opinion....Jamie
Jamie Johnson

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Of all the dirty, rotten, back handed things to do you gonna go and get all high tech on us?!  A glass backed recurve!!!  Come on man what's the matter with you!  Get with the program and find a different doctor.  If he says the same thing go find another, then another.  Eventually you'll find one that says what you want to hear.  After all they are in practice which means they are still practicing and may not have it right yet.  

No really I hope your health issues are resolved in short order and your back to man handling those self bows in no time!!
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©