3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toying with going back to "High Tech"  (Read 2489 times)

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toying with going back to "High Tech"
« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2007, 10:16:00 PM »
Hey Mickey that was my second one

2003 100 th anniversary XLH1200 Sportster  :bigsmyl:

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
Ooooh I hear they are nice. Rubber mounted engine, belt drive..sweet! Potato-potato-potato   :bigsmyl:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »
Dang,
Nighthawk, that's scary.  Hope all is going well.  Ferret, I don't know you, but if you PM me your address, I'll ship my old high tech Jennings to you pronto.  From what I've read, that should scare you back to health.

Of course, can't you just build something lighter until you get better?  Don't think "no" laminations will make it draw easier!  Cheers, and better health to you both.  Steve

Offline Jeff U

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »
Chasing a fiberglass ring?  Can you do that?  Maybe a carbon ring..

Offline redfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »
Some of you guys have been sniffing too much sawdust...or URAC.
El Paisano
Ebi-kuyuutsi

Offline NightHawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2007, 11:29:00 PM »
sorry, didn't mean to take the fun outa the thread. I need to get me a package of hdfh,those things will cauterize your whole insides  :bigsmyl:  

My pastor and my friend got me good the next day in the hospital. He came to see me and of course I had morning breath and was wiping my mouth with the corner of the bed sheet( didn't have a toothbrush or anything yet) well any way he asked me what I was doing and I told him and he started grinning so I asked what was up? He told me that they did 2 scopes on me 1 lower and 1 upper. Not following along I said okay what's that got to do with anything? an of course his reply was that the reason my mouth felt dry and icky was because they must have done the lower scope first   :bigsmyl:  

I'm doing good now and looking forward to deer season and some "Gray Days"
1) Gen. 21:20
And God was with the lad, he grew, and he dwelt in the wilderness, and he became an archer
2)The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by the Ferret:
Oh sure Otto why the heck not..I'm thinking Black Widow with carbon limbs, 6 strand fast flight string, string silencers and muffs and 2 brass nock points and a 6 arrow quiver. Carbon arrows with plastic nocks, chartruese feathers and someof those G5 broadheads that cost $30 apiece, and maybe some of that Bill Jerdan hide-o-flage with scent lock, only first I got to spray it with that stuff so I don't glow neon blue, and a Walkers Game ear so I can hear em coming. Better have a mouth muffler in my pocket in case I have to cough too (been coughing a lot lately). What are my leaving out?   :rolleyes:  

Mickey, I have got all of that stuff except the widow! Get Otto to let you borrow one and you are set.
BTW, If the doc says you just need to eat more crawfish, please let me be there for the first bite.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2007, 02:36:00 AM »
shoot two arrows and post tomorrow!! :archer:

take care
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2007, 05:47:00 AM »
Maybe you just need to SHORTEN your draw! (Now that's cold)
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline Chris R

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
Mickey, do ya think it may have something to do with breathing the air at a lower altitude than the rest of the population??    :biglaugh:  

Hope you're feeling better soon.
DAN!(Defeat Autism Now!)

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2007, 07:49:00 AM »
Chad

Heck yah...I'll loan him a Widow.  However I'm not responsible if he shoots one of his woodies out of it and his arrow gets charred.

I think I got a camo pee bottle he can have too.
Otto

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2007, 10:01:00 AM »
Them poor whitetail will die of shock if they see Mickey geared up that way.
Hmmm camo pee bottle, I gotta get one of them.  :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
ROTFL..you guys are a hoot.

OTTO I can tell you this I hope my woody never get's charred and what in the heck made you think you had to have a camo pee bottle in the first place? Some people with a lot of expendable money will obviously buy ANYTHING

Chad..crawfish? Ain't gonna happen bro. I don't even know how Raccoons can eat them things.Ain't a creafish just a por white trash lobster? LOL

Very funny Chris, and I'm the last one to know when it rains too! har har
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
Well, it used to be a camo water bottle that I carried in my backpack when I was hunting.

But since I caught my son taking a whiz into it about a year ago, it's morphed into a camo pee bottle.

I don't use it but my son thinks it's a hoot.
Otto

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2007, 10:35:00 AM »
Gee Mickey.....Whatta ya been doin' with all them bows you built over the last (how many) years?????

Just cause ya can't build'em don't mean ya can't shoot'em.....

Zwickeys are good broadheads.....(probly even older than YOU)

Pretty plastic nocks and pe-made feathers will just make your arrows look....."pretty"

REMEMBER.....BackQuivers Are COOL!!!!! IMAGE is EVERYTHING!!!!!

STAY AWAY FROM THE BRASS NOCK POINTS!!!!!

Get Well Soon My Friend!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline nonose

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2007, 11:01:00 AM »
next thing ya know you start serving chicken hotdogs at MOJam
Live everyday as it was your last.

Offline RayMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2007, 11:25:00 AM »
Mickey, I have been following along here and thought I would add a brief word of encouragement...hang in there bro!

I have been dealing with a problem for almost two years myself. Doesn't give you alot of confidence in the doc's.

Anyway, I will be saying a prayer for those test results next week and by all means get yourself a good light weight recurve and some carbons  :D  

You have a lot of people here that care about you..

RayMO

Offline MOBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2007, 01:12:00 PM »
You aren't getting out of doing seminars tis easy.  Sorry your feeling poorly but I already got you signed up for two seminars and a bow building class with two boy scout troops.  So quit the whining and get buzy roughing out some staves.  If your not gonna make use of that cool northern climate you might as well move to Missouri.  Wishing you well.  keith

Offline MOBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
You aren't getting out of doing seminars tis easy.  Sorry your feeling poorly but I already got you signed up for two seminars and a bow building class with two boy scout troops.  So quit the whining and get buzy roughing out some staves.  If your not gonna make use of that cool northern climate you might as well move to Missouri.  Wishing you well.  keith

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Keith please no more boy scouts   :knothead:  Why don't we teach 2 scout LEADERS and they can teach 20 boy scouts over a longer period of time than a weekend (now why didn't someone think of THAT earlier? LOL

Cool northern climate? It was 101 here 2 days ago. Was delerious. Thought I was in Marshall and couldn't figure out where everybody went    :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©