3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: A 100 Year Old Man  (Read 3069 times)

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
Re: A 100 Year Old Man
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2012, 10:59:00 AM »
Homebru- Sorry for the offense. My comments were in regards to my actual neighbors. Did not mean to generalize. The guys that do the pushing in their 18 man party do not shoot, just push. You are 100% right in regards to respect.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2012, 11:59:00 AM »
Cool Story Barry    :thumbsup:   You gotta wonder some days if that 100yr old deer isn't thinkin same thing you are? Him lookin up at your frosty white mug and sayin that guys been watching me for many a years. The respect you gave him he's giving you - he's keeping an eye out for ya. You have culled a few of his greatest opponents over the years - helped him live longer!  ;)
hunt it

Online Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2012, 12:09:00 PM »
I shot a huge doe on public ground several years ago. At the time they asked those hunting on the public land to bring any deer to a testing station they had set up to test for CWD.  I brought her in and they aged her at 8-9 years old. She was moving along quite well with a buck in hot pursuit when I shot her, so it didn't bother me as much as if she had been showing her age or had been in bad shape.  But, I still felt a bit of remorse knowing I had taken one of the old matriarchs of the woods who probably had survived a lot trials and tribulations in her day.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline gringol

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:00 PM »
That's a great story.  I don't know if it was the right decision or the wrong decision, I think Barry is the only one who can tell, but I think it shows that Barry hunts because he loves the woods and loves the animals in the woods.  Thanks for sharing.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: November 30, 2012, 03:59:00 PM »
Anything for you Berry    :D
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©