3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: black swan bows  (Read 239 times)

Offline Aaron2k5

• Trad Bowhunter
black swan bows
« on: November 19, 2012, 09:07:00 PM »
Saving up money to buy a new bow, saw black swan bows in a magazine.  I like the idea of shooting a shorter bow than can handle my 6'2" frame and 29 1/2 inch draw.

The problem is, you awesome guys on tradgang come a little short when it comes to criticism.  I don't have a lot of spending money to buy several bows until I find one I like.  I'm willing to spend up to 800 dollars, but this is a huge purchase to me, and so far has been a harder decision than when I purchased my home.

Anywho, thoughts on the black swans?

Offline BigBucksnTrucks

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: black swan bows
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 09:19:00 PM »
Lol, just an fyi, a lot of the companies are more than happy to send you a demo to try out first.  best of luck!

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
I had one, they're nice bows but there's a lot of nice bows out there these days. Would I buy another? nope. I'm with BBT, a lot of companies will send you a bow to test drive before you buy. Good luck!

How short a bow u after any way?

Offline Stoutstuff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 10:57:00 PM »
Aaron2k5, I was in your position a year ago. The difference was that I traveled Arizona at the time which alowed me to meet Arvid personaly and shoot his bows. I ordered a 58" Hybrid and he had it ready for pick up in less than a month. It is smooth, fast, sleek and simple. I'm going to buy a 62" Black Swan recurve soon. On the internet the Swans are highly critisized, in person they draw attention. PM me if you want to talk as I would be happy to cover my experience.
Stoutstuff.

Offline Gary Greene

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 04:27:00 AM »
I know two guys that have them and love them. If you could shoot one that would be best. Good luck

Offline Russ Clagett

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 09:33:00 AM »
Call and visit with Arvid. I have an older Impala which is deadly quiet and smooth. I do have to be careful where I shoot it cause the arrows bury into hay bales and I have to tear the bale apart to get them out....

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 09:35:00 AM »
Arvid isn't much for the web. A lot of bowyers out there owe him a lot for the materials they are using right now thanks to Arvid's research and willingness to share rather than just patenting everything.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 01:51:00 PM »
Regardles of who you go with, I suggest getting a warranty in writing, IN ADVANCE.  Some people can be very convincing over the phone, and phone warranties are worthless, as are web site warranties.  Many stand by their word, there are a few that don't.  I have a bow that shattered the first time it was pulled to 28" in my shop, and the phone warranty for it is worthless.

Chad

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 03:57:00 PM »
PM sent.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©