3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My "Provider Buck" >>>>--------------> Hero Pics Added!!!!!  (Read 1721 times)

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
My "Provider Buck" >>>>--------------> Hero Pics Added!!!!!
« on: November 20, 2012, 08:04:00 PM »
This story started last year when I began getting convicted about relying on "luck" to bring me success in the woods.......

Most hunters that I know have things that they do or say to bring them luck while out hunting wether it be wearing an artical of clothing, going through a certain routine, keeping a lucky momento with you, to useing a differant arrow out of your quiver to change things up.

I had my lucky "Purple Power" wind pants that I liked to wear (as a layer under my camo of cores)   :D    and then when I would have a couple of dry sites (we call them "Goose Egges") I would pull out my second arrow instead of the first to bring me good fortune.  Now most would say theres no harm in these things and I would agree.... but for me last year I had something pulling on me that was telling me that I was relying on "luck" way to much to provide meat for my family!!  That tugging was comeing from "My Provider"!!!  Im a Christ Fallower and believe that He is and wants to be involved in every aspect of our lives, even when we are out hunting!

I love bowhunting!!!!  I want to be carfull not to say that I live for it but it is my passion   :thumbsup:    and I love being able to provide good meat for my growing family!!!
Last year was a tough year in when it came to deer sightings for me, often going sit after sit without seeing a deer and i was realy starting to get tested in this "Luck" thing.......
So at the begining of every hunt I would pull out my first arrow and say this simple phrase...

"The Lord is My Provider"

The season ended ok and we had enough meat to get us through the year   :pray:  

So that brings us to this season.......
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline Caleb Andes

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My "Provider Buck" >>>>--------------> Hero Pics Added!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 08:05:00 PM »
Oh boy here we go!!
>>----> Lovin the mystical flight >>---->

Offline Ragin Bull

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 08:09:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:
Graywolfwoolens.com

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Life Member of Comptons

Offline Thadbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »
:campfire:

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 08:21:00 PM »
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Cookus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 08:32:00 PM »
West Virginia Bowhunters Association
PBS Associate Member

Offline Richie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 09:22:00 PM »
:campfire:    :coffee:    :coffee:    :coffee:
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 09:28:00 PM »
I think what Caleb meant to say was "Here we go" ~~~ again!      :knothead:

Offline JAG

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 09:31:00 PM »
:campfire:    :pray:
IBEP - Chairman Alabama
"May The Good Lord Keep Your Bow Arm Strong and Your Heart and Arrows True!"
TGMM Family of the Bow
PBS Regular Member
Compton Member

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2012, 09:44:00 PM »
:campfire:     :coffee:

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
Ben, were heading out to Minnesota on Thur. AM for thankgiving, any chance you might have it done by then. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2012, 10:02:00 PM »
So this year rolls around and Im as excited as ever to get into the woods to test my skills against some Iowa Whitetails.......

Now "Skills" is a big word and although Im no crack shot I can usualy got the job done given those sweet 12 to 17 yard shots...... well this is the part of the story I would love to leave out or better yet not even remember to tell, but its part of My Story and dont feel its fair to suger coat when telling story like this.

I had my worst season ever when it comes to missing, grazing and flat out wounding deer
   :saywhat:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by doug77:
Ben, were heading out to Minnesota on Thur. AM for thankgiving, any chance you might have it done by then. HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doug oll budy.... I promise  :bigsmyl:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 11:25:00 PM »
Sat. morning found me driving down to the folkses farm where I met up with Travis aka "KAZ" to spend my last weekend of the year to fill an archery tag.  I did manage to get a little buck on a management hunt in mid October ( another story for another time) but still had my state tage as well as an antlerless tag to fill.
I realy wanted to get an opportunity to try out some improved form issues and to end the season on a positive note  :saywhat:  Take your time Travis  :goldtooth:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2012, 12:17:00 AM »
Sat. evening came and went with very little movement and so I headed back to the home place with planes to sit the "Killin Tree" Sun. morning before heading to church.

Now the Killin Tree got its name form   :rolleyes:   well lets see.....
Lets just say it has some MoJo  :thumbsup:  
and its about a five min. walk from the farm house.

These are a couple of pics from the tree from two years ago with a couple of coresponding pics from Sun. morning.

I got to my stand and put out some scent bombs in a line running east and west on the fence at the base of my tree then climbed up to enjoy my last morning with a bow in my hand for 2012....
I set this stand back in 1989 when I was 18 and my brothers and I have witnessed some incredable things out of it, one if which are some incredable sunrises.....this morning would be no ecception!!!!!

As I sat there enjoying the sunrise Travis texted me about the new day and that it could happen at any time so stay sharp...
I snaped this pic feeling very light hearted and joyfull at being able to just be out witnessing such a sight and sent it back to him and commented on how there are so many things in this life for us to be thankfull for.....

he text back nowing I had been a bit down in the mouth in general through out the season saying:

"Thats the spirit...Its a new day dawning,10,000 reasons for our hearts to sing!  Bless the Lord oh my soul with all that is within me bless his holy name.  Good Providence my friend!!!! "

We where haveing "Church" right there in the tree stand  :thumbsup:  

That was 6:46 and at 7:01 I texted back with some more good news!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »
So I was enjoying the sunrise, haveing church with a dear friend and trying to keep an eye out for deer when   :scared:    :eek:  
down the fence line from the east comes this buck!!!!!
Hes about 150 yards out on the otherside of this narrow picked bean field but theres not a question in my mind that this thing is a shooter every day of the week!!  I think my exact words where "Oh youv got to be kidding me"........
I couldnt believe my eyes!!
He was far enough out that I sneaked a peak through the binos.......  :readit:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2012, 01:05:00 AM »
Now hes walking across an open bean field and im in a tree with so so cover in it but for the most part we generaly dont get picked out  :help:

He gets to about 17 to 18 and I said a quick prayer asking for help to have good form, to be able to pick a spot, and to have a  leathal shot.  At 15 yards and starts to get down wind of my first scent bomb and sticks hes head up in the air to get a better wiff and looks right up at me  :banghead:  
and its not just a quick look, its a "I dont like what I see and Im getting nurves look"
Im at the ready with one eye closed and the other just barely open to see what hes going to do and he starts to do the slow exit stage left.

Im ready.... and as he goes broadside i come to full draw makeing sure my back elbow is nice and high, I hit my anchor and the arrow was on its way..................

My arrow is gone and the buck spins and runs back the way he came....Im exploding inside because I think I just zipped one through the goodies!!!  He jumps the fence and turns around for a brief second to look back, and through the Binos I can see blood comeing out of his nose  :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2012, 01:18:00 AM »
That's a great beginning...can't wait to see/hear the rest!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »
At this point I lost it.......
I normaly am pretty jacked up when I shoot something but usualy keep it to a dull rore. With the whole build up of the hunting seasone and with all that was weighing on my mind........I whoopd and holered at the top of my lungs.....and he hadnt even fallen over yet  :archer:    :pray:     :jumper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©