3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Game Winner Bow Pack with Quiver....any Opinions or Owners?  (Read 132 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Game Winner Bow Pack with Quiver....any Opinions or Owners?
« on: November 21, 2012, 05:31:00 AM »
Hey all.

I was nosing around in the local Academy Sports store yesterday and came upon a pretty interesting piece of gear. I've been on the lookout for the best way to carry some gear and extras along with lots of water due to my diabetes while pig hunting here in Texas. It would be an added bonus if a way to carry arrows with that stuff and still be comfortable could be found too.
Well I may have found it. This is a pack that has ample storage, over 1,000 cu. inches, has a 2 liter bladder and a built in 4 arrow quiver. It feels like its made really well and sturdy. It was priced at $63.
The only negative thing I found in it was that it felt heavy. I imagined what it would feel like when it had the full load of water and the little bit of gear I'd be carrying. I estimate it would weigh around 10 to 13 pounds. Don't know if I want to go that much weight.
The best solution I had up to now was a Camelbak with storage areas and use a homemade Asbel type quiver or get me a Hill style to use. The Camelbak is much more compact but it doesn't feel like it is made to cool around in the undergrowth chasing pigs in Texas. In fairness though I checked out the Camelbak in a store for runners.

Has anyone used or is familiar with this pack?  I'd like to hear your thoughts on it. If you have any other ideas I should look into by all means please share them.
Thanks for your time and help.

Nalajr

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Game Winner Bow Pack with Quiver....any Opinions or Owners?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 08:44:00 AM »
I haven't seen them, but hopefukky somebody givew a good review! Good luck on your quest to find the perfect back pack
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Offline skilonbw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
I have not used the Academy game winner pack but have used a couple of other daypacks with quivers and can comment on those. The only thing I see is based on your size is that quiver able to be placed in other spots or you may have a hard time retrieving arrows from the pack.

I first used form  http://www.keyeshuntinggear.com/  the 3d pack for hunting but it did not meet the requirements I had. they later came out with the fresh tracks which I have bot used so it might fit your bill better. I then continued my quest and came up with finding  https://gohornhunter.com/Products/HornHunter/HornHunterPacks/tabid/1018/Default.aspx
I ended up getting the "G2" MAQ Quiver Pack(HH02MQ) daypack and loved it for elk hunting and will continue to use it for that for a long time to come.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:54:00 AM »
To the top once

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©