3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heavy hunter arrows  (Read 158 times)

Offline jkcerda

• Trad Bowhunter
Heavy hunter arrows
« on: November 22, 2012, 01:38:00 AM »
The ones Byron ferguson endorses, anyone use them ?

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heavy hunter arrows
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 06:54:00 AM »
I dont buy any endorsed anything, to me they get paid to say there good. there are a lot of great guys who make arrows on here that are excellent. look at the classifieds and see what guys are asking for and what they are getting rid of, that gives you a hint on what is a good arrow or not.
  If you search for "carbon v aluminum v wood arrows" topics you will find a ton of threads that will give you the good, the bad, and the ugly about almost every arrow. it also depends on what you want to do with the arrow(EFOC,FOC), I am a wood guy myself. good luck and do a search for the threads before you buy, endorsements may not always be a good choice for your needs.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Swinestalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 08:29:00 AM »
I aquired 5 in some horse trading and found them to be very heavy, durable and consistant arrows just like they pitch them to be. They made a quiet bow even quieter. I did not buy any more to go with them because of their trajectory difference and cost. I have since lost all but one of them stumpshooting. The one left is lodged firmly 30 feet up in a pecan tree, the victim of my failed attempt to silence an arrogant crow. I think they are great arrows, however, the Beeman classic hunters are still my favorite carbon arrows.
Having done so much, with so little, for so long, I can now do anything with nothing.

Offline jkcerda

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
thanks guys, I was kind of interested in how durable they are supposed to be when hitting hard objects, went to a  3-d range with lost of rocks, lost 2 arrows that way.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©