3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 Season of Dreams & A Journey To The Otherside Of The Rainbow *Taxidermy Update*  (Read 13760 times)

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
2012 has truly been an incredible season filled with dreams & blessings from above... After 20 years of employment with one Engineering Firm, and much prayer over the years regarding what God desired of me, He opened a door so wide that even I couldn't miss it!!! A new job was in order that reduced my travel and brought me into an environment that was thriving with enthusiasm, joy, and a drive to live life to the fullest @work AND @home... So, I began the year with a new job and a renewed spirit to LIVE! My wife and I immediately engaged in a "Better Health / Biggest Loser" contest at work and we took Second Place! I'll spare you all the details as I transition into the "Traditional Bowhunting" aspect of all this that is our united passion on this Forum... Exercise, eating right, 1st 10K run, 1st 5K trail run, 1st Sprint Triathlon all have led to me dropping 50lbs since the beginning of the year & "maintaining"...   :)   This new foundation has revitalized the "pursuit"   :campfire:      :coffee:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Good start   :thumbsup:  

:campfire:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
The year began with anticipation & preparation for a long planned Fall Black Widow Maine Bear Hunt @Squapan Mountain Outfitters with my 14 year old boy Jeremiah. Plans were to take my trusty 1987 Black Widow HS60 52lb @28" takedown. Now she's a sweety, Blonde Maple Limbs backed with Diamondback Rattle Snake Skins, black & white phenolic tips, all black aluminum riser, and sealskin rest for shooting off the shelf... She and I go way back and it's the only traditional bow I've ever owned. Let's just say she & I were quite comfortable with one another   :saywhat:

Offline DEATHMASTER

• Trad Bowhunter
Keep it coming

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Just to give you a little peek at the bow, I resurrected a photo from some old photobucket pics and to get the hang of this picture posting deal...

2009 Doe Harvest

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Well, even though she & I were pretty much attached at the hip, I'd always had the dream of ordering my very own special WOOD Black Widow of newer vintage that could up the performance a bit... With my 5'10", short arm stature, and larger chest I'd always struggled with the 60" bow out of the treestand @close range! At about 15 yards and under the string & lower limb would interfere with my leg and I'd have to do gyrations up in the stand to get the shot off   :knothead:     :bigsmyl:  Well, with the big Bear Hunt planned and the expense it was taking to drive there I really put it on the back burner and focused on the hunt! I wanted harmony at home & contentment is a good thing!

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Practice & preparation were going well for the upcoming Bear Hunt! Do you remember me mentioning the "Better Health / Biggest" loser competition @work? 2nd Place? Well, we won $600!!!  :pray:  , God gave me the green light & it was confirmed through a very understanding Blessing of a wife. My good friend Ben "23FeetUpandHappy" was also instrumental in this blessing... It was settled, with only 7-8 weeks before my bear hunt I placed my dream order!!!  :goldtooth:  The Black Widow folks assured me they'd do everything they could to get me the bow in time for the hunt...

Dream Bow Specs:

Black Widow 54" KB, 53lbs @28", Standard Grip
Dark Autumn Oak w/Black & White Glass and tips, NO RED...
Side Mount Quiver & Stabilizer Inserts

Of course a bow would be naked without a top of the line quiver on it... So I ordered a Custom Colored Kanati Pro Dual Arc screw on / side mount 5 Arrow Model

Well both manufacturers pulled through with flying colors and I had my Dream Bow in time for the Bear Hunt!!!  :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
The day I received my dream bow!

Close Ups

Full View

Quiver Arrival

Adjusted & Ready...

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
In the woods...

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice!!!!   :coffee:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
With only a short time to build a relationship with my new dream bow, I had to work up some "special medicine"... Arrows! I was interested in a heavy weight, high FOC, skinny carbon solution. I was very fortunate to have a gracious friend (Andy) who offered up some 340 & 400 Beman Classics that were too short for him. What a blessing to minimize expense! Thanks Andy!!!

My 340 Solution was 29" Standard Hidden Inserts w/either 260Grain Abowyer Single Bevel 2-Blade Brown Bears OR 250Grain VPA Terminator 1-1/4" 3-Blade w/2 5grain brass washers, footed with aluminum sleeves...

My 400 Solution was 29" 50Grain brass Inserts with 175Grain VPA Terminator 3-Bladers, footed with aluminum sleeves...

Once assembled it was practice, practice, practice...

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
That brings us to the end of August with Dream Bow in hand, and a Dream Hunt with my boy Jeremiah finally apon us!  :saywhat:  

With much prayer   :pray:  and anticipation, we hit the road for a very long trip to Chapman Maine from Cedar Rapids Iowa. I cherished each mile and minute with my boy!!!  :goldtooth:  

Jeremiah catching a few winks...

Jeremiah at a special "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" Supper Stop

View from the restaurant porch

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Jeremiah & I on opening night headed back to the stand

My widow in the stand

Jeremiah and I had a great time with the Black Widow Folks, Squapan Mountain Outfitter Folks, and new friends from the Widow Wall!!! It was truly a Dream Hunt and we enjoyed ourselves while making some incredible memories together as Father & Son... Although I did not see a bear in my stands Jeremiah & I had an incredible opening night together in his. We praise God for it ALL!

We decided to drive straight through on the way home. This was a welcome sight for road/travel weary men... :-)

Waffle House

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm looking forward to pursuing Black Bears again in the future, but now let's turn our focus to Iowa Whitetails!!!! But first it's time for a little shut-eye... I'll be back to the   :thumbsup:  

This new dream bow is just itching to let loose...  :archer2:

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter

Offline Thumper Dunker

• Trad Bowhunter
You can hop but you can't hide.
If it was not for rabbits I would never get a buck.
Yip yipahooooo yipyipyip.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Good morning Tradgangers! I see we at least have some embers to stoke...   :campfire:  I'll be back at it soon, time to pour some   :coffee:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
So, with a "Dream Bow" that's just itching to let loose!!! I started to intensify the scouting & season plans... An annual management hunt schedule was falling in to place, a small urban county place was looking good, and expectations were high for my traditional buck hunting oasis! Exercise & focus on fitness had me tuned and ready to give it all I got this season with the energy of a machine....   :thumbsup:  The fire was lit, Iowa Whitetails beware   :archer2:

Offline oldskool

• Trad Bowhunter
:campfire:     :coffee:
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©