3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 Season of Dreams & A Journey To The Otherside Of The Rainbow *Taxidermy Update*  (Read 13755 times)

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
For those who are interested, the shot was @17-18yards and he was walking & quartering away from right to left. I tried to stop him in my first window with a "mrrp" but nothin doin, he was googly eyed and on a mission... I prepared in advance as he was going behind a screen of small trees then took him on the slow quartering away walk in my last window without trying to stop him again. The shot was absolutely perfect and really hit hard on the exit side. I got full penetration down to the wrap but the fletches never made it through him. He broke the arrow and I only found the back end about 15-20 yards from impact. He sprinted off and stopped at 50 yards, then tipped over in just a few seconds!

For this hunt of course I used my "Dream Bow" which is 53lbs @28, I draw closer to 27.5" along with:

29" 340 Beman Classics with (3)-5" Right Wing Helical Fletches & Black Widow Wraps & footed w/aluminum sleeves

Standard Hidden Inserts, Abowyer 145Grain Right Wing Single Bevel 1-1/4" 2Blade Glue On BoneHeads w/125 grain screw-in adapters

Here's some pics, the arrow entered in the left side and exited out extremely tough lower scapula bone a fuzz from the "T-part of the shoulder bone so "HEAVY". Blood trail was weak, but penetration was impressive.

Entrance

Exit

Here's a Rod placed through the Entrance & Exit Wound Channel to show the quartering angle...

Plenty of trauma on the inside of the cavity during field dressing...

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by South MS Bowhunter:
Great story! And the Lord is worthy of all the praise! Now just how many deer were in this story I lost count along the way?
(4)Does, (1)Button Buck, (1)Large Buck for a total of (6)

We will be sharing the bounty of venison with our Youth Pastor & His Family, along with friends...

Offline Tsalt

• Trad Bowhunter
Well, this story kept me up till 1:30 AM!  What an incredible season.   Great shooting and thanks for such a great example of giving Jesus glory!
Tim Salters

"But his bow remained steady, his strong arms stayed limber, because of the hand of the Mighty One."  Genesis 49:24

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Gheesh listening to your story as if I was sitting there talking to you .The lord has blessed you in many ways , then added icing on the cake as being a great hunter , great story teller and overall great man ! Loved it!

Jack
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Offline tracker1

• Trad Bowhunter
Now that was a Dream season with a Dream Bow.  Congrats thanks so much for taking us along

Offline Follower

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for sharing your season and your live of God!  Great buck!!!
"If any of you wants to be my follower, you must put aside your selfish ambition, shoulder your cross, and follow me...."  Jesus  (Mathew 16:24)

Offline Tony Chinn

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Kaz you should change your name to

Deer Whisperer. Awesome job. God Bless

Offline huntnmuleys

• Trad Bowhunter
Great pics. Great thread. Great season
is it September yet??

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
T.T.T. once more...

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Fantastic thread congrats!
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Bernie B.

• Trad Bowhunter
I don't know how this story passed by me until today.  What an incredible season you've had!  Congratulations not only for your stunning buck, but for sharing your hunts with us!     :clapper:

Bernie Bjorklund

NC Iowa/SW Wisconsin

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
These two threads are a couple of the best ever posted on here.  Great job guys.  You have lived your dreams and you did it by design.  Your faith is also inspiring for many.  I wish both of you the best in all aspects of life including hunting the greatest big game animal on earth...the whitetail deer.

Offline beyondmyken

• Trad Bowhunter
Truly blessed and a blessing to others. Congratulations.

Offline goldflinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Very inspiring story! Well done and congrats!!!
Morrison Shawnee, Longbow Limbs- 47.5# @ 28 1/2", 45.5# @ 28 1/2"
Toelke Whip- 52# @ 28 1/2"
Damon Howatt Hunter- 45# @ 28"

Offline D Harris

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Incredible story and season...Congrats!!

Online LIBowhunter

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Can't say enough!! What a truly inspiring story and season. Congrats!! Dave.
--------------------------------
LIFE IS GOOD!
--------------------------------
NY Bowhunters Member
NRA Member

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story! And the Lord is worthy of all the praise! Now just how many deer were in this story I lost count along the way?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Kaz, what a wonderful season & then to top it off with such a nice trophy!  God blesses us in so many ways & I love that you acknowledge all that HE has done for you.

I loved getting to hunt with you in Maine & hope we can do it again!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks for sharing. The attitude and commitment of traditional bowhunters is refreshing and inspiring.

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
Wow, what a dream season for sure.  Great story and pics too.  Thanks for sharing that with us...    :clapper:    :clapper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©