3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 Season of Dreams & A Journey To The Otherside Of The Rainbow *Taxidermy Update*  (Read 13767 times)

Offline Bel007

• Trad Bowhunter
:campfire:    :coffee:
Brian - aka "Big Sexy"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters - Lifetime Member

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
I decided I'd stop off at one of our local archery shops for a few items and the manager there knows where I hunt and on occasion hunts the same property I do... I walk in the door and he says "Hey, your ears been burning...?" Nope, I say. He proceeds to lay down a loose connection of communication dots that leads to some mental churn about my traditional buck hunting oasis.  :confused:    :(  I choose not to engage at this point, and planned to immediately go visit the landowner for a one-on-one...  :knothead:  I'm kind of like 3rd in line out there and I believe some pressure has been applied that somehow the other's lack of success is a result of my success on the far perimeter of the property... The others have always picked there spots and I stay clear in more remote areas so I don't buy it, but it's not my call. No privileges for this season, subject to change in the future... In grace & humility I thanked the landowner for everything extended to me past & future along with the assurance that I understand it's a blessing/privilege to have permission not a right! Our relationship was more important than the deer... I kept my head up high, but left a little dejected... Time to let my buddy Ben know...

God Is Good ALL The Time   :goldtooth:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Just to be clear, my buddy Ben is "23FeetUpandHappy" even though I don't see him up that high anymore with Trad Gear  :smileystooges:  

From here on out it'll just be Ben  ;)

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Rob & Brian - Thanks for joining the fire, this one's way too hot to keep to myself....  :bigsmyl:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
I let Ben know the bad news... He doesn't skip a beat! "You need to grab your stands, and move on! Too much drama out there..." That may be a paraphrase  ;)  Message received, I'm moving on and not gonna dwell on this speed bump, My God is in control and He Is MIGHTY, NO DOUBT ABOUT IT  :thumbsup:  

Self Talk - "Yeah, but you looked for one of your stands and it's totally missing. A sweet set of Rapid Rails and a Summit Head Hunter Lite in the tree where you've had Big Buck action in the past and shot last year's 9 pt over the doe decoy...!" "Missing?, a likely story...!  :rolleyes:    :mad:  " Gone for now, none the less...

More Self Talk - "What about the other sweet homemade stand you & Ben made together and the Summit Swift Tree Ladder that's in the "Killin Tree" where you've had big buck encounters and harvested that large bodied buck two years ago?"   :thumbsup:

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great story KAZ and great attitude.
God is Good!    :thumbsup:

:campfire:
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline Butts2

• Trad Bowhunter
Way to stay positive "Slim"   :thumbsup:   There is a reason for everything which you will soon tell us   :campfire:
Schafer Silvertip 58" 61@28
Hunter Safety Certificate
Bowhunter Safety Certificate
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Associatio
Pope & Young Club

Offline azhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey Kaz, congratulations on the weight loss and new "lifestyle". Sounds like you have really worked hard at it. Love your attitude.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Butts2:
Way to stay positive "Slim"    :thumbsup:    There is a reason for everything which you will soon tell us    :campfire:  
Ahhh yesss - "Reasons" for everything...

Masterful & Purposeful describe my God in addition to so many wonderful attributes. You see despite being a Fully Devoted Follower of Christ, I've Indeed faced many trials in this life and I'm no stranger to pain or "the rain" if you like country music...ha I could tell of mighty struggles and loss, but I choose to shine a light on how God allows me to "LIVE" and be forged by fire, sharpened for the challenges ahead... God Is Good ALL The Time!

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
This is absolutely awesome!

Offline Joeabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Loving this thread!!!  :campfire:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Nows as good a time as any to share some songs that have really been on my heart for the past several months. Out of respect for the site I won't put all the lyrics here but I would encourage you to google them and even listen. There's some great truth in these songs!

"Lead Me" by Sanctus Real

"Blessings" by Laura Story

"10,000 Reasons" by Matt Redman

One more post and we're going hunting! I promise...  :readit:

Originally posted by Manitoba Stickflinger:
This is absolutely awesome!
X2 - I'm tuned in too!

Bisch

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Folks, I am at the  :campfire:  I can visualize my Brothers & Sisters of the Bow right here and now... May the words be worthy of your time... I'm preparing to lay down the season before you   :coffee:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story so far!    :campfire:

I will be tuned in to this one too.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
That brings us to the 2012 Iowa Whitetail Season!!!! Private Land Buck hunting or not, I'm gettin after it! This "Dream Bow" has something to say....   :goldtooth:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
This fire is nice and warm on this blustery morning   :thumbsup:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Ben and I both hunt together during a specific time-slot & zone at the Public County Park management hunt... So we scouted and hung our stands with great anticipation. I was at the bottom of a hardwood ravine that had two intersecting ridges that met up with a thicket... Trails coming off of each ridge both running North & South, and bisecting with the thicket edge trail running East and West! Ultimately heading North to feed... Looking good I should say, the perfect place to put the "Dream Bow" to the test!  :saywhat:    :archer:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
The day is October 12th, and this will be an afternoon hunt... The stage is set, so I put on my new Asbell Wool Pull-Over in Evening Stand Green with an Evening Stand Brown Vest/No hood on over that.... I say new, but really these are just new sizes, I'm down to Medium where as my previous Asbell garb was EXTRA LARGE, not very stealthy...  :thumbsup:  I then put on my "thrifty" Gander Mountain Wool Camo pants that I got on like triple clearance around Father's day... $17, another gift pre-ordained by God as these had a waist of 32", only now that's room to layer... SWEET!

I'm in my Lone Wolf Apha Hang-On in a sweet forked Sniper tree with 270 degree shooting! I just know something good is gonna happen!

With plenty of light still left, here comes a doe, and she's read the script... I think  :pray:

Offline Iowabowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
:campfire:  Great work so far, I love the attitude and gratitude you display in your posts!
Associate PBS member NRA member DU and Pheasants Forever

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©