3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2012 Season of Dreams & A Journey To The Otherside Of The Rainbow *Taxidermy Update*  (Read 13764 times)

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
=) God is good....

I tell myself that each season... even when my idea of "success" doesn't play out...

something about trials and obstacles producing perseverance, huh?...... =)

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Bisch:

Originally posted by Manitoba Stickflinger:
This is absolutely awesome!
X2 - I'm tuned in too!

Bisch [/b]
Yep, glad I clicked on this one.  I appreciate your attitude, and your faith.  I am very interested in your IA wilderness hunt.  I am sitting on 3 points for a while as a NR as the farms I had access to last time have all changed hands.  Need to come up with a new plan.

Please continue...   :thumbsup:

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
She sneaks her way from South to North and eventually she's gonna get downwind if I don't get a little creative  :scared:    :scared:  This 54" KB was designed & hand-picked for just such an occasion. She's nimble I tell ya... So I prepare to take her before she hits the scent stream.

She steps out @17yards and there's an overhanging limb in the way... Wide open in front of her a few steps, but that's where the scent stream is going  :notworthy:  My friend Ben was there for the recovery & so was another friend who helped out... Due to circumstances & weather that rolled in, I was not able to take any hero pics with my Asbell Garb, Bow, and thrifty Wool Pants, but I'm excited to share this pic none the less.....

Woohoo The "Dream Bow" & It's First Arrow!

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Folks, I'm gonna start picking up speed! I know that if I continue at this pace, we may run out of wood and time.... Stay tuned, God is not through with me yet!!!!  :saywhat:  I do have to take a break and take my middle daughter to work, but I'll be back!!! Keep the fire stoked...

Offline superkodiak

• Trad Bowhunter
=) I think I have some hotdogs and marshmallows if anyone is interested.....    :bigsmyl:

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Headed out to the wood shed to get a couple more logs.....

Great Read   :thumbsup:
The Lord Is My Provider......

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice Ben! Reminds me of the bunkhouse wood stove fire  :cool:  , thanks for keepin an eye on her...

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm so thankful for the October 12th doe, a dream fulfilled, memories etched in my heart, great friends, the comaraderie, the meat for the table, and doing my part as a steward of the land.... The dream though not forgotten gives way to the pursuit of new dreams. Thank you Lord  :notworthy:

Offline Ragin Bull

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great story so far!

:campfire:
Graywolfwoolens.com

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Life Member of Comptons

Online South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
:readit:  Proceed please, lol.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
The day is October 21st, it's a morning hunt at the County / Park Management hunt... A different stand down on an oak flat where there's sign of activity at an outside perpendicular fence corner with a pretty nice white oak  :thumbsup:  Thicket near by, sweet bench apron that leads to me and it's a beautiful corridor to place the Lone Wolf... A funny side note is when I hung this stand, I did so after work and actually hung two stands and needed to be back for my daughter's birthday evening so I had to move quick. In my previous fitness level this would not have happened. I got it done and actually ran past Ben like a freight train as I was heading out of the woods. He must have thought a sweet buck was headed his way! Back to the hunt. This was just one of those days when bucks were on their feet and cruising around. But this is a management hunt and I have no special buck permit... That's okay with me, my cup is full and I'm living the pursuit...

Okay, I notice movement and here comes some nervous whitetails and they are gonna pass me by if I don't get ready. I decide that I'm gonna take one even though it's small... The meat will be tender, there's no buck management strategy here, and I've got a 50/50 chance of it being a doe which would earn me some lottery tickets for a special buck tag next year. So, I'm on full alert and ready to make it happen! The deer cruises through and slows but is nervous. At 22 yards my shot is on it's way with a 400 Beman Classic, 50Grain Brass Insert and a 175Grain VPA Terminator 3-Blader... Praise God, the shot is in the "pocket" and the deer goes down in 10 yards... Oh my... Another wonderful blessing of a harvest  :notworthy:  

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Well my season is over at the County / Park Management hunt so I'm on to my Urban County property.... The day is October 28th and it's an evening hunt! The stage is set and all is well... As dusk approaches, a beautiful doe makes her way towards me and ultimately she presents another God given opportunity to fulfill dreams with my "Dream Bow"...

At 18-20 yards the Beman Classic 400, w/50Grain Brass Insert, and 175Grain VPA Terminator 3-Blader is on the way! Perfect, tight to the shoulders, and right through the pocket! She is down in seconds and I can see her from the stand...

Can you pick her out? I sent this photo to Ben on my smart phone... This pic is all I will share as it was dark and my self photos do not reflect the beauty of such a wonderful gift! She deserves the best I've got...

Thank you Lord!  :notworthy:  

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
We advance to November 10th!!!! This is the RUT here in Iowa!!!!!!! I was all set to go buck hunting, when the Lord dropped in my lap the opportunity to take my boy to the Iowa / Purdue Football Game! My brother has sweet Club Seats and he offered them to Jeremiah and I!!!! Thank you Shane... We were stoked so hunting would have to wait.. Out of respect for the forum I will abstain from posting the photos, but just know it was time well spent with my boy! Praise God for more important things than bowhunting... Jeremiah is a Blessing that comes from the Lord! God Is Good ALL The Time! Iowa lost at the buzzer but it was awesome.

Well I got back home in time to receive the Blessing from my wife and kids to go for it at the Urban County spot! I had to go in game day attire and just put my wool on over top. Man, I'm feeling nimble... I decide the wind is wrong for my stand so I need to mix it up with a ground blind! Enter, the Double Bull  :D  My old bow did not work so well with the Double Bull, but the new "Dream Bow" should do the trick! Woohoo... It's really slow, but at the buzzer here comes a beautiful doe moving right to left at about 17-18yards and she's a sweety  :eek:  I don't feel comfortable stopping her and drawing attention to this new blind so I focus on the spot and let it rip... 340 Beman Classic, Standard Insert, 260 Grain Abowyer Brown Bear on it's way... Not perfect, a little low and back, but by her reaction it's lethal. Likely liver...  :notworthy:  

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Awesome stuff!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
Thought I would post a pic of the Bunkhouse.

This was when it was still under construction.

View from the front porch.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Well, even if it stopped there this would have been truly a "Dream Season" with a "Dream Bow" for sure!!!! I'm so thankful for it all... But that's not the end of it. Advance to November 15th, for my last Urban County Antlerless permit (I got 3 this year). The evening hunt found me in the Double Bull again, but I'm nocked with the 400 Beman Classic, 50Grain Brass Insert, and 175 Grain VPA Terminator 3-Blader!!!! Once again near the buzzer a huge doe steps out and is moving from left to right. I can't even remember the exact distance but it's not a good place for her to be, this I know  ;)    :saywhat:  

Once again, I focus like a laser beam right behind her shoulder, find anchor, and loose the string... She takes the charge and it looks good  :thumbsup:  She tries to burn it off, but is sagging at 10 yards, and down in 20!  :notworthy:  

She was a beauty!

Offline 23feetupandhappy

• Trad Bowhunter
What a season!!!!!

And plenty of good stuff to come!!!!!!

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Yes yess yes yessssssssss! Bring it Ben!  :thumbsup:  

Oh baby....

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME