3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: SO MANY BOWERS TO CHOOSE FROM! HELP ME DECIDE TOELKE, CHAD HOLEMS DON DOW TWO TRACK  (Read 366 times)

Offline spiritsoul108

• Trad Bowhunter
guys sorry for all the questions. last one,
 between the ones listed here, which would you choose. Is there any performance diff between them. would love to know you opinion. thanks

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
I have had a Toelke....great bow! Never had a Two Track so I can't say. I currently have 3 bows, soon to 4 by Chad Holm........need I say more!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline BigBucksnTrucks

• Trad Bowhunter
What are you looking for?  LB, recurve? what type grip, limb length?  You're correct, there are soooo many choices out there!

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
I think the general consensus in these situations is to buy all three  :readit:
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline jjwaldman

• Trad Bowhunter
Haven't shot any of these, but never heard a bad word.

Offline Jim Brennen

• Trad Bowhunter
I love my Toelke Whip,haven't shot any of the others
62" toelke whip 55#@28" 56" thunderchild 49#@28 54" shrew classic hunter 50#@28

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by Trumpkin the Dwarf:
I think the general consensus in these situations is to buy all three   :readit:  
:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  There you have it!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline spiritsoul108

• Trad Bowhunter
thanks guys,
I cant buy all three sadly, I can only buy one. so i suppose i just have to look very deep to find the answer. I thank you for the input.

Offline emt137

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by spiritsoul108:
...so i suppose i just have to look very deep to find the answer...
Truth be told, there is your answer.  We all can sit here and tell you our favorite bow and bowyer, but the next guy will have a different favorite, as will the next and the next.

This is why a lot of the newer members/shooters get told to look in the classifieds for a used bow similar to what you're interested in.  Less financial outlay at the beginning and if you don't like it it's more likely you can make your money back or trade into something different.

Pretty much any sponsor here that makes bows will make you a fine product.  It all comes down to what you like and want.  It doesn't help much but thats just what it is.  

I like a Hill style bow.  Lots of guys do, and lots of guys don't.  Lots of guys like recurves and not longbows...lots of guys like longbows and not recurves.  I can't shoot a recurve to save my life.  It's all about what fits you and no one can tell you what handle you'll like, what length you'll like, what draw weight you'll like.

Just my $.02
"For man only stays human by preserving large patches of simplicity in his life, while the tendency of many modern inventions...is to weaken his consciousness, dull his curiosity, and, in general, drive him nearer to the animals." -George Orwell

Offline BeNoIt

• Trad Bowhunter
Wait a little over two months, go to Kalamazoo and shoot some. I know Chad Holm was there last year (nice bows) as well as many others. It really is best to test drive before you buy if you can. Going to shoots is a great way to do that.

Every bow is different and some are going to "feel" better for you than others. No bowyer is perfect for every archer.

Hope this helps.
David

Matthew 6:33  But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Bigfoot Flatliner 55@28 64" (New!)
Spirit LB 55# @28" 62"

Offline kadbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
You got to shoot one to know one.  If you don't have an opportunity to shoot one first, by something off the classifieds.  If it doesn't work for you you can typically get out of it close to what you bought it for and try something else.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Have a look at our website, we make longbows as well as recurves!

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
A lot of good bows out there, but I am partial to Toelke bows.

Offline spiritsoul108

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you guys for all of your input and advice. YOU all are very helpful and learned. i wish i could co to the shoot at kalamazoo but cannot. I am very limited when it comes to going to shoots and trying out bows. SO ive concluded from you all that Whatever bow i get will be great quality and I would be happy with it. Also good point about each bower being differenent and fitting different archers needs. So i will just have to choose. NOW it is between chad holmes and dan toelke. Same price and very similar bows. Also shipping time is around the same(toelke is a bit longer). PLease pray for me that i will pick the right bow and please wish me luck and give me your blessings.

Your Friend
bart

Offline Sixby

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
I really admire all them. My choice of those would be the Holms though or Chuck's, or Dans and then You are leaving a whole bunch of really great longbows out of your equaision. No way could you go wrong with any of those plus probably 30 more. See where this leads. How can you lose. God is so good He gave you a bunch to choose from and all of them are good.

God bless, Steve

Offline Biathlonman

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm in the middle of the state and have a couple of Toelke bows you can shoot.  Don't know much about those listed, but a Toelke is never a bad choice!

Offline kestimator

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Two Tracks or Holmes..
Have a nice day!
Kevin

Offline False Cast

• Trad Bowhunter
The Whip by Dan Toelke is definitely one of the finest bows I have ever had my hands on. With that said, I haven't tried the others you've mentioned.

I'd advise you to call the bowyers whose products you're interested in and just have a chat with them. See what they have to say. They know their product better than anyone.

Offline spiritsoul108

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey there,
 Thank you again. thank you for offering to let me try your toelke bows. I live very close to richmond ky wihich is close to lexington. Would it be possible to get together and shoot a few arrows?
Thanks Bart

Offline Safari Scott

• Trad Bowhunter
From someone who just went through this;
- performance, find out if one shoots better than the others. If not go to next step.
- looks, is one prettier?
- which one gives you a good feeling when you look at it.

And if all else fails and you still want them all, find out what the lead times are and get the one you can have sooner!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©