3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Propper spine,.. the benefits  (Read 146 times)

Offline moleman

• Trad Bowhunter
Propper spine,.. the benefits
« on: November 30, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
Thought id shoot a few of  my bows that needed a little string stretching this evening that have been on the rack for a while. Heres the benefit of proper spine,.... 3 totally different style longbows W/ different, but properly spined shafts, 66", 68", and 70" length, from 15 yrds. right off the rack.
One of the bows had a mere 1/4" shelf, one was a Hill, the other was cut very near to center.
Im not a great shot by any means, but what i am, is picky about spine and proper flight, which results in great flying shafts, from different bows.
I posted this with a lot of our newer trad. gang members in mind, there are a lot of variables in good shooting, but nothing means as much as a finely tuned bow/ arrow combination.
Proper form and follow thru are second to none ,but when your arrows dont fly consistent, the greatest form out there cant make up for inconsistent flying shafts.
Work up a good match for each of your bows, and switching and changing bows, becomes  [/url] [/IMG] easier and a whole lot more enjoyable.
Have fun working up a good combo, and enjoy the benefits of point and shoot!     :thumbsup:

Re: Propper spine,.. the benefits
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 01:25:00 AM »
Originally posted by moleman:
nothing means as much as a finely tuned bow/ arrow combination.
Proper form and follow thru are second to none ,but when your arrows dont fly consistent, the greatest form out there cant make up for inconsistent flying shafts. :thumbsup:  
BINGO!!!!!!!! We have a winner.

Bisch

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 10:56:00 AM »
X2
We teach form as we outfit new shooters in the shop.  I will get them good flying arrows, but tell people repeatedly that near perfect flying arrows take a combo of all the above. It also takes conditioned fingers and consistent practice.  Shooting issooo much fun
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 11:02:00 AM »
I agree roadkill and moleman. I've got my arrows flying perfect,like darts as they say. I've finally figured out when I see some go crazy and check my brace height and nothing has changed it's me. Like you say roadkill i'm finding out it finger conditioning!   :)    :)

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Had a young woman in last week.  She insisted in being overbowed.  She was doing ok and i made her rest occasionally as i could see her right hand trying to get away from the string.  Also made her use one of thicker tabs.  She wanted to shoot and not rest those fingers.
Had that been a guy, i would have put a dab of glue on his 4th finger.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Alexander Traditional

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
I'm doing all of what you are talking about,but i'm getting better and better,thanks for the great info!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©