3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: building up shelf  (Read 198 times)

Offline rnharris

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
building up shelf
« on: August 17, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
any idea's on building up shelf on recurve for max accuracy and durability for hunting my curve has a long flat shelf with lots of arrow contact
i have mole skin to work with now ,should the main contact point be under the hand thanks Ralph
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: building up shelf
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
well, velcro comes in very thinn to very thick (that is scientific) sizes.  a small piece of very thick centered ofer the "sweet spot" of the shelf might pick it up 3/16 or so.  Ummm..If you have never used it,  use the soft part of the velcro.  Just make the piece small to fit only the "sweet spot" area, not the whole shelf.
ChuckC

Offline madness522

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
You could just about anything under the shelf material to raise up a bump.  I think the bump shoud be directly above the deepest part of your grip.  I have done it before with a piece of leather raw hide strap.
Barry Clodfelter
TGMM Family of the Bow.

Offline V I Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:09:00 PM »
I always place a mathcstick, or toothpick under the shelf material.  I usually use a single piece of leather for my plate and shelf.  I epoxy the stick in place in the desired spot, and contact cement the leather over it.
But be sure you live out the message and do not merely listen to it and so deceive yourself - James 1:22

Offline SOS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
Have used a piece of the the thick stick-on felt you can buy at lowes or home depot.  A piece maybe a 1/4" wide stuck right above the pivot point of the grip works well on a flat shelf, has a little give and wears well.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©