3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hitman static tip recurve pass around review  (Read 517 times)

Offline mmilinovich

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hitman static tip recurve pass around review
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 06:24:00 PM »
Lots of Hitman Bows are showing up at shoots here in SE Wisconsin where Dave Heniff makes them.

They are gorgeous and all the new owners profess to be very pleased.

I shot one a couple of weeks ago and was startled by how well I was able to place the first 6 arrows out of a bow I'd never even held before (i.e. all 6 in the vitals of a cardboard grizzly at 20 yards).

Dave, by the way, is a first-rate archer and an even better person.

Mark

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2013, 04:14:00 PM »
Thanks Mark and you did shoot that bow pretty well.  I have to get a set of limbs going for the lefty handle you shot.  
Good shooting,
Dave

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 01:09:00 AM »
Well Normandale is sending it off to next in line.  So we shall see what the next person has to say and offer us.
Good shooting

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 01:10:00 AM »
There was a delay on shipping but assured it is going out in mail.  So we will see about the next in lines reviews of the bow.
Good shooting

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 01:12:00 PM »
Bow was indeed sent out earlier this week to N.J. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I will post my final thoughts on the bow shortly. I was hoping to get some cool pics of the tips at my extanded draw but that didn't work out too well. Thanks again Dave.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Psalms 25:4-5

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
Originally posted by M60gunner:
Steve, glad to see the bow arrived in good condition.
It seems you have the same first impressions I had of the bow. Top of the line workmanship and easy to handle. It shoots as good as it looks. I think you will find it compares to shooting bows heavier in weight than it is.
No doubt about it Dave makes a great shooting bow.
I was definitely impressed. I like the mass of the riser with the static tips as it sure seemed to stabilize shots out past 25 yards or so. Not that I shoot well from out there any way.
Show me your ways, LORD,teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me,for you are God my Savior,and my hope is in you all day long.

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2013, 01:08:00 AM »
Great to hear Dale and appreciate all that was said.  
Good luck and looking forward to the next in line.
Good shooting

Offline NormanDale33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
Just checking in to see if the next in line recieved the bow. I sent it out last Tuesday so it should be to NJ by now.

My final impression of the bow was very positive. I was hoping to get some pictures of the tips and how they almost uncurl at longer draws, but was unable to with our crappy camera.

I don't know what the recommendation is from Dave in regards to draw length and bow length, but I couldn't believe the performance at 31"+ draw. I short drew it a couple times (28") and the difference was pretty substantial. The bow definitely felt like it had no issues going that long on the draw.

The other thing that impresses me was the riser work and detail. I liked the sight window as it seemed to be more cut like a longbow than some other recurve sight windows. The lines on the riser between accent strips and different woods were all very clean and well done, no gaps that I noticed. The wood selection is absolutely perfect as well. The riser seemed to have great weight distribution and helped stabilize the bow along with the great performance from those static limbs.

It seems that Dave has put a lot of thought and work into the bow, and the performance shows. I have always admired his longbows, and now will do the same with the statics.

Dave what are your thoughts on the tips and there performance at longer draws? I think I would shoot the 62" with no issues and enjoy the extra speed the tips give over say a 64". I imagine 64" would be butter like in its draw though. Looking forward to some more thoughts on the bow.

Thanks again for the chance to shoot your bow Dave,

Steve

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 10:22:00 AM »
We should be hearing something soon about the most recent review.
Good shooting

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2013, 09:36:00 AM »
My last post was a misstep due to the post or maybe it just didn't refresh.  
Thanks Dale for the review and I have had the same thoughts locally about the long draws and the smoothness with higher than average speed.  I would recommend the same about the speed over smoothness in the longer draw but that is an individual decision.  
I am glad that I'm recieving great reviews on this bow.  It has gone through the ringers with shipping, breaking it down and putting it together.  I have total  confidence in this bow and know many will enjoy it for years to come.  
Good shooting

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2013, 11:04:00 AM »
My last post was a misstep due to the post or maybe it just didn't refresh.  
Thanks Dale for the review and I have had the same thoughts locally about the long draws and the smoothness with higher than average speed.  I would recommend the same about the speed over smoothness in the longer draw but that is an individual decision.  
I am glad that I'm recieving great reviews on this bow.  It has gone through the ringers with shipping, breaking it down and putting it together.  I have total  confidence in this bow and know many will enjoy it for years to come.  
Good shooting

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 01:22:00 PM »
Kyle Lancaster is next inline and ready for a post review from him.  
The last person hurt his shoulder doing something so he won't be posting a review.  
The reviews on this pass around have been good from those posting.  Let me know if I missed anyone on the pass around as Kyle should be the last one and will be ending this pass.
Thanks to all for participating and hope you enjoyed the reviews and shooting the bow.
Good shooting

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 09:27:00 PM »
the bow is off to the last guy and that is Kyle Lancaster.  He should be recieving in the next day or so.  He will be posting a review.
Thanks
Dave

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2013, 05:09:00 PM »
Kyle should be having a review sometime soon.  So look to this post to see what he has to say.
Good shooting

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 01:40:00 PM »
I left a message for Kyle so he should be leaving some more feedback.  He stated that he liked the finish of the bow and wood combos was some real nice looking cocobolo n bocote.
Good shooting

Offline ammoeater

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 02:10:00 PM »
Just wanted to chime in.  I had the pleasure of trying this bow out for a few minutes during it's stop in NJ at one of our shoots.  I only shot a few arrows, but it was a fine shooting and looking bow.  Very smooth, excellent grip and dead in the hand on release.  I was impressed!

Glad I got the opportunity to give it a go!  Thanks!

Offline Kyle Lancaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
First off I want to thank Dave for the opportunity to test and shoot this bow. My impressions:
   The wood choice and fit and finish on the bow is outstanding. Some of the best cocobolo and bocote was used in the bow that I've seen. All glues lines are seemless and the overall design is very pleasing. The bow was very smooth to draw at my 29.5" draw. It would have been somewhere around 52+lbs at my draw but felt more like 42 lbs. I liked the grip - very comfortable. I was shooting 540 grain arrows so right at 10 grains/lb at my draw. The performance was very good and I didn't have to change my "sight picture" from the 55+ lbs that I've been shooting. All in all, Dave's design and workmanship were outstanding. Great job!
Kyle

Offline HMlongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2013, 02:56:00 PM »
Kyle
Thanks for the feedback and got the bow back this past evening.  It still looks great and I'm sure with all this static hoopla going on I will have to throw some numbers out there for comparisons.
Good shooting and thanks for some great feedback.

Offline savage1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 02:07:00 AM »
Dave thats a good looking rig. If it shoots as good as it looks you ought to have good numbers. I hope to see you in Burlington if my schedule allows. Keep up the good work.

Lou
Beetle kill, Usa.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
Sounds great, now I want one!! OK, how much??  :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©