3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: LIMBS STOLEN DRYAD ORION ACS-CG LONGS  (Read 609 times)

Offline LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: LIMBS STOLEN DRYAD ORION ACS-CG LONGS
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 12:40:00 PM »
What a nightmare!!!  Feel bad you have to deal with this.....hope it is resolved in the best way possible.

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 12:41:00 PM »
Not very many guys have a use for totally custom limbs.

Odd.

Do you photograph your bows and limbs before shipping?

Good luck solving this mystery...keep us posted.

Offline Chromebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
I'm with Kevin.  However, they may have read the invoice and saw their value and thought maybe they could somehow cash in.

Were they not insured?
62" JD Berry Taipan 53@28
60" Super Shrew 2pc 53@28
58" Ed Scott Owl Bow 53@28

Offline hickstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 02:20:00 PM »
Heck Ted....in our Lovely Mass....thieves broke into a Church in my home town and stole all the donated Christmas gifts for the charity 'Giving Tree'.  A CHURCH!  Stealing from those fortunate enough to be able to afford to buy things with their hard earned..is bad enough.   Stealing from those less fortunate is outrageously reprehensible!
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 02:23:00 PM »
:mad:    "[dntthnk]"
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 02:44:00 PM »
In this case I was not the shipper.  The limbs were sent to a potential buyer by the owner and were in route back.

As these are for our Orion bolt-down bow someone will be either trying to sell them or buying a riser by itself.

I'll keep vigil here watching for both.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Maxx Black

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 05:51:00 PM »
We should all be looking at the auction sites for the limbs. This type of scam was just on our news . And the stolen items were found on ****. When the postal service was questioned they found an opened empty container . So my logical mind says inside job. But we should all be looking and if items are located then make the appropriate reports. I find this upsetting.  This is just wrong! Maxx
Kwyk Styk 58" 55x28
Cari-bow 62"54@28
Thunder child 56" 53@27
Bigfoot Sasquatch SS ILF 60"@55#@27"

Offline stik&string

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 10:44:00 PM »
:mad:  Let's keep this up top for a while!

Offline Neon Quiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »

I was the shipper of these limbs. I bought a mint condition Dryad Orion Recurve ACS from a guy in the Yukon, CA. When he shipped the bow, he had a set of ACS Longbow limbs that he had purchased from Mike at the same time, and put them in the box to see if I might be interested in purchasing these also. I knew that my bow budget was depleted, so I sent the limbs back without ever even mounting them on the riser. I sent them back USPS Priority/insured. When the guy went to the Post Office to pick them up, they noticed that the box was mangled up pretty bad. They opened the box at the Post Office and found that the box was cut in the middle, the limbs removed and the piece of plastic in the picture inserted in their place (I guess to give the package some weight). These Priority boxes only open on the ends, so the thief cut it in the middle and re-taped the box. I am pretty certain it had to be an inside job. The Customs label on the box described what was in the package. I feel pretty rotten about the whole deal. Lets keep an eye out for some Dryad Orion ACS Longbow limbs on the market.
Mark

Offline RonD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 03:12:00 PM »
Theft by Post Office employees is not as uncommon as people may think. Could this type of theft be effectively dealt with? Yes! The catch is to make sure the Constitutional rights of the employees are not violated terminating any attempt at arrest and prosecution. Surveillance cameras can be effective provided that the employees are made aware that they are being taped. It is not necessary to inform them of the location of all of the cameras a means of establishing legality. The Post Office can follow the schedule and location of a package to determine what video tapes need to be researched and the culprit caught. Be advised though, most postal theft is often witnessed by other employees and covered up, if not a matter of employees sharing in the theft. At the current time, the postal bureaucracy is so chaotic including being able to track packages that organizationally being capable of catching the thief or thieves is almost impossible. I empathize with your loss and hope that by some means you are able to recover either the limbs or collect the insurance from the Post Office.

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
ttt
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline Neon Quiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2012, 10:19:00 PM »
Upwards

Offline Neon Quiver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2012, 07:39:00 PM »
Lets keep an eye out for these limbs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement