3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Blood in vehicles ??  (Read 804 times)

Offline str8jct

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blood in vehicles ??
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 11:01:00 AM »
shedhunta also has a good idea, the sleds are cheaper than the mats also

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 11:14:00 AM »
Lots of places sell fitted plastic forms/trays for SUV's, I'm sure you could find one on the web.  As for the stains, I would not use peroxide, you will bleach your rug.

I will ask my wife who cleans cars / houses for a living and has to deal all kind of stuff.

I will post results tonight.

Once cleaned good (Shampooed) - them scotsguard the rug. it will help in future en-devours.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 11:20:00 AM »
Some states require proof of sex when transporting deer-quartering is not an option then.

I went to the dealer and ordered a tray with sides for my VW Jetta's trunk.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Offline Kituwa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 11:44:00 AM »
LoL,i can just imagine the people next door seeing me drag a body bag out of my SUV at night,lol.

« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 11:54:00 AM »
Our local trailer sales business sell enclosed trailers cheaper than anywhere in the country. I was going to buy a 2x pickup and found out that the topper for it to match the pickup from the car dealer would cost more than a deluxe 4x6 trailer.  So I bought a Subaru instead. I spent less money, have a better vehicle and I only have the two miles less per gallon when pulling the trailer when I need it, and that is still way better than the pickup would ever get.

Offline Danny Rowan

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 11:55:00 AM »
Kinda funny story. Several years ago my twin(may he rest in peace) and I had a lease near Brady, Texas. He had a bright yellow Nissan Xtera. We killed two 8 points and 2 hogs on this trip, threw all 4 on the roof of the xtera and tied them down and drove back to Ft. Worth. We were at a traffic light in one of the little towns on the way and my bro made the statement that we were probably not "politically correct" with the 4 dead animals on the roof of the car. I said what do you mean, we are in Texas. Bout that time a lady jumped out of her car and started taking pictures of us. LOL, guess it did kinda look strange with the blood running down the sides of the car but what the heck, like I said we were in deer country Texas. We had bags of ice inside all 4 animals and I guess what ever blood was left got thinned out and started running down the sides of that bright yellow car.
"When shooting instinctivly,it matters not which eye is dominant"

Jay Kidwell and Glenn St. Charles

TGMM Family Of The Bow
NRA Life/Patron member
NAHC life member
Retired CPO US Navy 1972-1993
Retired USCBP Supervisory Officer 1999-2017

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2012, 11:57:00 AM »
Jet sled. I have two in my avalanche. Great on snow water and dry ground to move equipment and deer. I load all my gear in them for pull out access to stuff. Move stuff to back seat or on deer with deer in one. I pull them out onto a table in barn to unload quick. Two person lift on sides for fast easy loading a deer.

You need to have some cargo length for the size I use. They are about 20x60. I can fit two between wheel wells and have space left over. They make other sizes but this one is ideal for me and fits an average deer well with legs folded in. sheet of cardboard helps them slide a little better and keeps the drops and smudges of blood and dirt of the floor.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2012, 12:10:00 PM »
hey you could call junk yard n see if any of the rubber mats from the blazers or other suv might get one for a few bucks who knows and the camo sled sounds good if theres no deer to be had you could always take a ride enjoy

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2012, 12:33:00 PM »
Weather tech mats and cargo trays rock....I have them in my 4Runner.
Color safe bleach for the blood.....1 part color safe,  10 parts water!!!! Color safe is deferent than regular chlorine bleach.....should be just fine for your interior....test in a hidden spot as always to make absolutely sure.
Lastly:   What Mr. Lamb said!!! Those hitch carriers are the best!!!! Think Santa may have one coming for me this year actually   :thumbsup:

Offline KOOK68

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2012, 12:39:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kituwa:
LoL,i can just imagine the people next door seeing me drag a body bag out of my SUV at night,lol.
:knothead:

What about a cheap plastic kiddie pool?

Offline Joshua Long

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 12:42:00 PM »
Try warm salt water with a sponge.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2012, 12:50:00 PM »
Weathertec or husky liner

Offline ALDO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
I bought a Jet Sled, helps with the drag and with the right size keeps the animal, ice, blood in the sled.  
ALDO
"One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted."
     Jose Ortega y Gasset

Online Rick Butler

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2012, 01:46:00 PM »
Got a hitch rack for my Ford Escape now but when I drove a Dodge Caravan I used one of those lightweight black plastic snow sleds that the kids use.  Worked great to haul the deer out then slide the whole package into the Van.
"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. To front only the essential facts of life and see if I could not learn what it had to teach and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived"- Thoreau
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline bearsfeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2012, 01:54:00 PM »
I dont like those hitch racks because for the places I go they would hit the ground or be an issue for getting back into some places.

I have weather tech floor liners in the front of my car which have deep sides that give full coverage so I dont get mud everywhere. The back I also have the weather tech with the side lips so that it will not over flow if water or blood is in there. I use my car for work as well as hunting and fishing so having these top of the line floor mats is the only way to go! easy to clean and they contain any mess!
Levi Bedortha

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2012, 01:59:00 PM »
Use magic erasers to get the blood out, they work great.
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
Thanks for all the suggestions, will probably get a sled to slide into the car and fit clothes, etc. around it. Interior space in my vehicle is 40"x 68" so the sled will work well. Will also try the cleaning suggestions if any blood spillage.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline shedhunta

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2012, 06:13:00 PM »
I was just reminded.  Jet Sled is the brand I use.  High sides, thick plastic that won't fold when you pick it up with deer in it.  Easy to clean, and I put all my gear in it when it is clean so it is ready to go.
Toelke whip 2 piece.  58" 50@28"

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2012, 07:02:00 PM »
Kiddy pool from Wallyworld
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
I was thinking Body bag myself but where would you purchase one without causeing suspition? I can see me going to "Wallyworld" asking a clerk "can you tell me if you carry body bags"?   :goldtooth:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©