3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: My new armguard from Scott Teaschner  (Read 376 times)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
My new armguard from Scott Teaschner
« on: December 06, 2012, 02:34:00 PM »
From  Wyoming Wildlife Artistry's that is. After some drooling at the website, I decided I just deservered such an armguard and I convinced myself I really, really needed one too, so I ordered one. Afterall Scott is a sponsor here.........              
For those who like to drool or order; here is his site:                 http://wyomingwildlifeartistry.com/WyomingWildlifeArtistry/Armguards.html                

Though I like the cognac/honey color very much I decided to order a Chestnut brown. I know I get my armguards and gloves always dirrrty, so a darker color might hide that.

Communication was fast and smooth. Scott sended it real fast and as usual, paying with Paypal was no problem at all. It arrived within the 10 days in The Netherlands, not bad! Thanks Scott.

First some pics, because I know what you Tradgangers are like......

Let me start to tell you that the craftmanship of Scott is beyond imagination! I ordered the "Snakeskin" pattern and it is even more beautiful then I thought it would be. I prefer to think of it as "Dragonskin"     :)    .

The whole armguard looks as if it was made to last several generations! Thick leather, beautiful stiching and a breath-taking-away pattern.

For the inside Scott used a very soft leather, which really caresses your arm... it feels like velvet.... As Scott states, his guards are already formed to fit you for arm, so there is no break-in time required.

You can put it in place very fast, just put both loops over the the gorguous brass buttons in the middle. If I remember correctly, these are custom made for Scott who developed them himself. The cord is hold by on one side by a  small leather keeper, which might be another development from the master himself. Just pull the cord with some force to adjust size. You only have to do this once. Trim off what you don't need, burn the end and tie a not so you don't pull it through.

All I can say is that it is an armguard that has a great fit, looks beautiful and probably will outlast you. Does this justify the price???? A big  YES!

Besides of that, Scott stands behind his products and offers even free clean and recondition. Were do we find that these days?                  :dunno:              

Any downsides?

Not quite, maybe the following:
- the armguard is stiff and if you are used to a soft leather, one layer cheapo guard like I had, you might have to get used to that. But the fit is so good and the leather on the inside so soft, that you are most likely to forget that after your first arra.
- and the jealous gazing ofcourse of your fellow archers might bother you ....                ;)
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered
SBD strings on all, what else?

Online LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: My new armguard from Scott Teaschner
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
WOW!  Nice!!!! That has to be the most robust arm guard Ive ever seen!  The detail is incredible!  I dont use a guard so much myself (550 cord to hold back thick clothing,  thats it) but if I were looking for one,  Id get one like that!  Love those brass lashing points!!!!

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 03:01:00 PM »
Robust is just one of the words...You don't use armguards Eric....??? Did you know they also come with hidden knives????   :help:      http://wyomingwildlifeartistry.com/WyomingWildlifeArtistry/Armguard_and_Hidden_Knife_Combo.html
It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that string! [/i]                            :rolleyes:              
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Upper 'Sippi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 03:16:00 PM »
Ad, I can't afford to read your posts anymore!

You show pictures of your Cari-bow, and I buy one.

Now this.....

Congrats, that is beautiful.  But seriously, I will have to order one now.
You can travel many miles to areas of oaks and actually see squirrels. - My translator in central Russia

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 03:19:00 PM »
Daniel,

what ever happened to that grateful attitude????    :cool:

Wait for my extended review of the Whippenstick Phoenix   :readit:  . You will probably hate me after that....
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Upper 'Sippi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 03:27:00 PM »
I'm grateful that you're around to test all this stuff for me!

But I am a little behind.  I still haven't pulled the trigger yet on a quiver.
You can travel many miles to areas of oaks and actually see squirrels. - My translator in central Russia

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 03:32:00 PM »
Me too. For the time being: I switched to a daypack with drinking system and a very low cost cheapo hipquiver I can mount on that. First try that set-up out before I order something more expensive....

BTW: You have PM!
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Hubi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 03:44:00 PM »
WOWW!! looks awesome Ad!!! I'm curious to read about a extended review of the Whippenstick Phoenix!!  ;)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 03:50:00 PM »
That last one is not for your eyes Hubi!  :)   I will send you seperate pics from the guard.
BTW You are getting older Hubi! This time you didn't react within a minute without knowing I was posting:)
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline Upper 'Sippi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 03:54:00 PM »
Stop encouraging him!

No more reviews!

Just tell me when you're posting the Phoenix one so I can go fishing that day or something.   :)

Offline Flying Dutchman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 04:00:00 PM »
Comeone Daniel, take it like a man!   :saywhat:
Cari-bow Peregrine
Whippenstick Phoenix
Timberghost ordered

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 05:08:00 PM »
I have been admiring Scott's work on here for a couple years. He is without a doubt one of the finest craftsman on this site. For us guys who do our own novice leatherwork, Scott's work is another dimension...  enjoy your armgaurd!
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 05:14:00 PM »
That is really sharp!  Thanks for posting
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline Geezer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
I sure love the one that Scott made for me earlier this year.  I don't think I've ever run across better leather work.
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
RMEF / NWTF

Offline rick7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 08:36:00 PM »
that is a beauty.  i may get one someday

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 08:47:00 PM »
Very nice armguard!

Bisch

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 10:42:00 PM »
I have had one in my hands and the old adage "pictures dont do it justice" has never been more appropriate. The craftsmanship and incredibly fine detail are just amazing!

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2012, 08:17:00 AM »
Very nice!  Looks just like mine.  Best armguard I've had.

Offline Kc kreger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2012, 08:36:00 AM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  

Congratulations on a fine product.  Scott makes the best looking leather goods I think I've laid eyes on!  That one should last you years and years.

K.C.
Oklahoma Selfbow Society member
Oklahoma Bowhunting Council member
Comptons Traditional Bowhunting member

Offline Rustic

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2012, 06:54:00 PM »
mmm...mmm...looks great....  :thumbsup:
Bear Montana Long Bow 50#@28"
PV Longbow 48#@28"
Bear Grizzly Recurve 45#@28"